Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Mar 2019 at 7:53 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage
Default Is it safe to delete community lot with graves on?
I have a park in my neighbourhood. It's a community lot and contains some gravestones.

Is it safe to just bulldoze the lot? I want to get rid of it basically, but I can leave it if it would damage my game if I deleted it.

Thanks everyone
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 4th Mar 2019 at 8:23 PM
I'd say, if these are real gravestones (after dead sims) not just decoratives, do not dare! Otherwise graveless sims will enter into your reality and you'll be doomed forever. Go watch Poltergaist if you do not believe.

(a bit more serious) I'm strangely sure that deleting the lot will break data consistency. Send these graves onto another community lot, especially selected by yourself as cementary* (with that for example http://modthesims.info/d/316426/fix...-sims-died.html ) and then delete the lot.

*literally: any lot which you want to be container of dead sims;

favorite quote: "When ElaineNualla is posting..I always read..Nutella. I am sorry" by Rosebine
self-claimed "lower-spec simmer"
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 4th Mar 2019 at 8:47 PM
Deleting graves is as bad as deleting Sims, which is to say, very. The general consensus is that you're left with a shredded character file that may cause all sorts of problems. Creating a cemetery is a good plan. I'd also suggest No Unlink on Delete, which makes it so the character file isn't deleted when the tombstone is, but it is better to be safe than sorry and move the gravestones first.

No Unlink on Delete: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...hp?topic=2083.0

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." ~Theodore Geisel
"If what you are is just what you own, what have you become when they take from you almost everything?" ~Destroya, My Chemical Romance
Field Researcher
#4 Old 4th Mar 2019 at 9:46 PM
I think if you have no unlink on delete, you should be okay. But just to be safe I would move the graves to another lot or manually go in and delete them in build/buy mode prior to bulldozing the lot (this assuming you have nounlink already installed).
Alchemist
#5 Old 5th Mar 2019 at 12:28 AM
delete in Buy/Build, bulldoze in neighborhood view; I take the effect would be the same.
a better method would be to backup the neighborhood before doing either.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 5th Mar 2019 at 12:39 AM
Absolutely! If you have a neighbourhood you love, you should backup before doing anything potentially dangerous
(Now it's time to practice what I preach...)

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." ~Theodore Geisel
"If what you are is just what you own, what have you become when they take from you almost everything?" ~Destroya, My Chemical Romance
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 5th Mar 2019 at 1:37 AM
No, never delete graves! You will need to move each grave to another lot before you bulldoze it.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~