Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Apr 2005 at 11:09 PM
How do you unzip a compressed file?
When I download something from a site it always shows up in my downloads folder as a compressed(zipped) folder. How do I unzip that so I can get it into my game? Is there something I need to download? Sorry if this is in the wrong section.

Also, if you are going to tell me to download zip Magic or zip Rar, I can't unless its totally free for usage forever.(I dont have that kind of money.) Do you know of anything that will unzip my files that I can download for free? Please help. Thanks in advance!:agree:
Advertisement
Original Poster
#2 Old 27th Apr 2005 at 11:10 PM Last edited by fruitytooty : 27th Apr 2005 at 11:24 PM.
Oh and also, what do I open it with? Whenever I double click and press open it starts running my game. What am I supposed to open the file with?
Test Subject
#3 Old 27th Apr 2005 at 11:53 PM
I use WinZIP and WinRAR for unzipping files. Both are free, although I use the evaluation versions for both. I've had my WinZIP for a couple of years, so the evaluation period has long since expired, and it still works =)

Once you have the programs, they should open automatically once you've finished downloading something. Right click on the file inside the program, and make sure you extract the files to your downloads folder inside your Sims2 folder. This will be found in "My Documents" under EA games.

When downloading the file, you can put it pretty much anywhere you want as long as you can find it if you need to. I hope this doesn't confuse you, because it's important that you extract to the download folder I specified.

I hope this helps. If I lost you in anyway, let me know. I'll try to clarify my explaination. That or, somebody else will come to your rescue if I lost you Good luck

Some things you lose, and some things you just give away. - Jessicka Fodera
Original Poster
#4 Old 28th Apr 2005 at 12:09 AM
Thanks so much!!!
Test Subject
#5 Old 28th Apr 2005 at 12:15 AM
You're very welcome ^_^ I hope that everything works out for you without any problems. If you run into any trouble, let me know, and I can try to help you out. :D

Some things you lose, and some things you just give away. - Jessicka Fodera
Locked thread | Locked by: CynicalChick Reason: answered