Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Mar 2017 at 3:56 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Graves don't appear in cemetery
I know missing graves has been mentioned various times but some of the advice is a little confusing and this tutorial seems overly complex.

I've had about five recent deaths in my Veronaville neighbourhood and sent them to my main cemetery. However, on going to the cemetery there are no gravestones waiting by the roadside as I would expect. All the other graves in the cemetery are there. Is there a limit to how many you can have?

Would it be easier to resurrect the recently deceased (as zombies or whatever) so I can kill them off again? But how would I prevent the non-appearance of the graves on another site (perhaps a new cemetery)? Can I get the relative to physically take the gravestone to the cemetery?
Any advice appreciated.
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 28th Mar 2017 at 4:02 AM
The safest method is an owned graveyard with an undertaker sims who takes and places the gravestone, the move to option is known to bork, the gravestones may be sitting on another lot. Its only dangerous if the undertaker dies with gravestones in inventory so always send him/her straight away after placing the grave stones into inventory.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Instructor
#3 Old 28th Mar 2017 at 4:03 AM
Do you have nounlinkondelete? If that's the case, try using the hoodchecker to restore the tombstones.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 28th Mar 2017 at 4:22 AM
No, I don't have nounlinkondelete (which is obviously a must-have and I only recently found out about it). I would guess it's too late to install after the fact (although I will anyway).
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 28th Mar 2017 at 4:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
The safest method is an owned graveyard with an undertaker sims who takes and places the gravestone, the move to option is known to bork, the gravestones may be sitting on another lot. Its only dangerous if the undertaker dies with gravestones in inventory so always send him/her straight away after placing the grave stones into inventory.

Does the owner have to live on the lot or can it be like any other business where the owner visits (with the gravestone)? I guess I now have to search the neighbourhood to see where the missing graves may be...
Forum Resident
#6 Old 28th Mar 2017 at 7:52 AM
They don't have to live there, the undertaker can just bring the sim to their community lot.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 28th Mar 2017 at 9:50 PM
Do you have this very useful, if not...essential mod?
http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=316426
This move option is not borked.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Forum Resident
#8 Old 29th Mar 2017 at 8:48 AM
Doesn't that one only work for apartments?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#9 Old 29th Mar 2017 at 11:08 AM
Yes that is just for apartments.

krudyard go and get nounlink of delete pronto, that is the most essential of the essential mods!

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#10 Old 29th Mar 2017 at 11:44 AM
I had a grave disappear with nounlinkofdelete. Seems it can still happen - but the game should apparently still be safe.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 29th Mar 2017 at 1:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ovenhole
Doesn't that one only work for apartments?

Oh! shoot....my bad. I didn't even remember that small detail..soooooooooooooooory.

Instructor
#12 Old 29th Mar 2017 at 2:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
I had a grave disappear with nounlinkofdelete. Seems it can still happen - but the game should apparently still be safe.
It happens, but the mod prevents the character data from shredding, so a sim without a tombstone is still there, and can be resurrected.
Space Pony
#13 Old 29th Mar 2017 at 7:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
Oh! shoot....my bad. I didn't even remember that small detail..soooooooooooooooory.

Hmmm.. I know in main page it says only for apartments, but there is 2 downloads, one called "apt only" and the other one "all lots" I took the "all lots" one way back then, and haven't got any problems so far.

~~~~Call me Ellu ~~~

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..
Mad Poster
#14 Old 29th Mar 2017 at 8:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kukamuukaanmuka
Hmmm.. I know in main page it says only for apartments, but there is 2 downloads, one called "apt only" and the other one "all lots" I took the "all lots" one way back then, and haven't got any problems so far.

I have the "all lots" one in my game as well, but I don't think I've actually had occasion to use it yet.
Mad Poster
#15 Old 29th Mar 2017 at 8:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosawyn
I have the "all lots" one in my game as well, but I don't think I've actually had occasion to use it yet.

lol..I have the ALL lots too.
I'll stop feeling sorry now, then.

Forum Resident
#16 Old 30th Mar 2017 at 7:24 AM
Oh, nice! I'm grabbing that one right now.