Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Oct 2006 at 3:24 PM
Default help with a window
Numenor,
I'm sorry I put this here, but I looked for a special place to put it and didn't find one. If its in the wrong place, could you move it to the right place. I have a question about a window I cloned. It's the "Artifact by Ergo" window, a 3 tile one. I cloned it to make a window that was in a shape like in a church steeple or court house or so. It's rounded at the top and straight on the bottom. I have everything done with it and when I go into the game it looks fine on a straight wall, but when I put it on a diagonal wall it transforms back into the original window from the game. Would you know why and how to stop that. I gave all the object datas a unique GUID no and did everything I usually do when making an object, but this is the first one that when you do a certain thing, it transforms back to the original item. I hope you can help me.
momma'b'
Advertisement
Part-time Hermit
#2 Old 6th Oct 2006 at 3:47 PM
momma"b", I split your question off the fireplace template thread since it's really better to be dealt with separately, not being related to fireplaces .

What you need to do is clone a separate, diagonal version of that window and then link the straight and diagonal versions together. In my profile you can see a tutorial for making custom windows, and it also links to an article by Numenor for linking straight and diagonal objects.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Oct 2006 at 10:21 PM
Default Thanks
Thanks IgnorantBliss
First I wanted to thank you for moving this to the right section. Second, thanks for your help on understanding about diagonal windows. I never thought about cloning the ones that have the "X" in SimPe. I always left those alone till now I understand alittle more of what they are. Thanks again.
momma'b'
Test Subject
#4 Old 10th Oct 2006 at 12:00 AM
I'm missing the tut? I tried to view the profile, but only come up with the objects you've made as well as just general info about yourself. I'd love to take a look at that window tut if it's still available.
Part-time Hermit
#5 Old 10th Oct 2006 at 5:50 AM
You have to roll past the list of objects to the bottom for the tutorial. In any case, here is a direct link .