Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Jan 2019 at 6:58 AM
Default hi i'm trying to save room for my mods
i don't know if this would work but does deleting some gigabytes from my computer help the sims game run fast, or at least stop the traveling screen from being stuck?
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 23rd Jan 2019 at 4:09 PM
there are a few things that will make your game run smoother - basics would be your computer specs and how you maintain your computer. When you say deleting some gigabytes, do you mean you have a lot of custom content?

There is a point at which your game will get boggy, because you do have a lot of cc, or your Sims 4 folder has a lot of stuff in it. Even though I have a gaming laptop, I find my game runs best with my Sims folder (complete folder) at no more than 25GB. This includes about 2Gb of music at 320 bitrate.

Some suggestions:
1. Cull content you really don't use
2. Make sure you clear your cache/storage (game/computer)
3. You can backup your game (saves, current mods, tray file) to dropbox, onedrive, googledrive, or to a physical external drive (they are getting cheaper!) so that you can cull or edit without losing everything entirely. I play with a few saves at a time, and when I want something different, back them up, remove them and come to them later.
4. Make sure that each folder has only what is supposed to be there. My touchpad is so sensitive I have accidentally moved save files to the tray folder so I do regular maintenance (and turned the touchpad off since I use a mouse).
5. Nothing but compressed files, .package files and .ts4 script files in your mods folder, .mp3 in custom music, tray files in tray folder and save files in save folder.
6. Your computer settings are appropriate for your computer - trying to make the game better than your laptop can handle is a recipe for unhappiness.
7. Keep your computer drivers and game updated and use Sims4Studio to update mods when the game breaks them.

may be more info than you need, but hopefully I have covered bases to help you.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Jan 2019 at 8:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by chicvibe
there are a few things that will make your game run smoother - basics would be your computer specs and how you maintain your computer. When you say deleting some gigabytes, do you mean you have a lot of custom content?

There is a point at which your game will get boggy, because you do have a lot of cc, or your Sims 4 folder has a lot of stuff in it. Even though I have a gaming laptop, I find my game runs best with my Sims folder (complete folder) at no more than 25GB. This includes about 2Gb of music at 320 bitrate.

Some suggestions:
1. Cull content you really don't use
2. Make sure you clear your cache/storage (game/computer)
3. You can backup your game (saves, current mods, tray file) to dropbox, onedrive, googledrive, or to a physical external drive (they are getting cheaper!) so that you can cull or edit without losing everything entirely. I play with a few saves at a time, and when I want something different, back them up, remove them and come to them later.
4. Make sure that each folder has only what is supposed to be there. My touchpad is so sensitive I have accidentally moved save files to the tray folder so I do regular maintenance (and turned the touchpad off since I use a mouse).
5. Nothing but compressed files, .package files and .ts4 script files in your mods folder, .mp3 in custom music, tray files in tray folder and save files in save folder.
6. Your computer settings are appropriate for your computer - trying to make the game better than your laptop can handle is a recipe for unhappiness.
7. Keep your computer drivers and game updated and use Sims4Studio to update mods when the game breaks them.

may be more info than you need, but hopefully I have covered bases to help you.
oh sims4studio? is it a thing i download?
Scholar
#4 Old 24th Jan 2019 at 2:25 PM
You need to sign up in order to download S4S
http://sims4studio.com/board/6/down...io-open-version

Sims4Studio is mostly used by none creators for batch fixing cc
it means it fixes cc for certain patches that broke certain cc objects
for an example, Cats&Dogs patch broke a lot of cc beds that were created before the patch was released

if you search on youtube "Sims4Studio batch fix" you can probably find how to do it.

you can also use this program to manage your cc, there's a My CC button which will show you all of your cc
then you can recognize stuff you don't use/like and delete them, or mess around with it in other ways..

just a side note, Chicvibe said it fixes mods, cc is the better term for it, not to confuse cc with script mods..
cc = cas/build/buy items
mod = game changing mods, like added interactions, traits, careers etc..

you can't fix script mods using the batch fix feature of S4S..
those need to be updated by their creators, and re-downloaded by the user.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 25th Jan 2019 at 1:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Keren
You need to sign up in order to download S4S
http://sims4studio.com/board/6/down...io-open-version

Sims4Studio is mostly used by none creators for batch fixing cc
it means it fixes cc for certain patches that broke certain cc objects
for an example, Cats&Dogs patch broke a lot of cc beds that were created before the patch was released

if you search on youtube "Sims4Studio batch fix" you can probably find how to do it.

you can also use this program to manage your cc, there's a My CC button which will show you all of your cc
then you can recognize stuff you don't use/like and delete them, or mess around with it in other ways..

just a side note, Chicvibe said it fixes mods, cc is the better term for it, not to confuse cc with script mods..
cc = cas/build/buy items
mod = game changing mods, like added interactions, traits, careers etc..

you can't fix script mods using the batch fix feature of S4S..
those need to be updated by their creators, and re-downloaded by the user.
oh dang thanks anyways
Forum Resident
#6 Old 25th Jan 2019 at 8:11 PM
Sims4Studio (S4S) is a really user-friendly program! Don't be afraid to use it.

Install it, and let it look at your documents folder. The program is really amazing!!

When you first start it, you will see a "my CC" button on the right. Click it, and you will see pictures of all your CC.
Or, when you first start it, move your mouse over the program to see what you can do. Batch fixes are super easy. When you click on batch fix, the program will go through your folder and update things as needed and necessary in order for you to play the game. There are exceptions to what should be run through batch fix, so please acquaint yourself with the basics.

If you have any questions, you can always ask the folks at S4S, but for basics, you should read the easy tutorials. It really is an amazing program that can work for a basic user, or someone who is well-versed in meshing and content creation.