Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7476 Old 19th Feb 2019 at 10:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Pideli
I feel like a sim... Too tired to eat, too hungry to sleep.
This damn flu...
Hugs!!

From me. . . . And from my Sims!

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#7477 Old 19th Feb 2019 at 11:18 PM
I love when they play with the dollhouse and do the voices, it's too cute.
Mad Poster
#7478 Old 22nd Feb 2019 at 11:09 AM
Is it weird if I ask my Mother-in-Law to knit me this hat so my baby can match my Sim babies?

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Alchemist
#7479 Old 22nd Feb 2019 at 11:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bigsimsfan12
Is it weird if I ask my Mother-in-Law to knit me this hat so my baby can match my Sim babies?

Not at all. Tell your Mother-in-law, she's got a waiting market.
Theorist
#7480 Old 22nd Feb 2019 at 1:15 PM
Winter is coming in my game again, but I'm so tired of it real life that I'm thinking of skipping it.

However, I'm too anal about rules (and also enjoy my sims suffering a brutal winter since I have a mod that makes winter colder) to convince myself to do it...especially since my farming sims are typically affected by harsher weather conditions as well. So, guess it really comes down to who do I want to punish more...them or myself.

Pideli, I hope you feel better soon.

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Top Secret Researcher
#7481 Old 22nd Feb 2019 at 3:46 PM
Thank you so much guys I do feel much better now. It was the worst I've ever been sick, but now it's like a normal cold. ^^

Omnia - Fantasy / Mythological / Medieval Hood
Ephemera MoreColorful - SimpleSkin Recolors
Alchemist
#7482 Old 23rd Feb 2019 at 2:47 AM
Forgot to check back on this thread! I didn't even see the 'so and so mentioned you in a post' message, either. Hmm. Anyway, @TychoH, thanks a bunch for researching the titles! Super helpful and interesting. I look forward to becoming a Scholar one day. Idk why, but forum titles are one of those little things that makes me happy. I actually miss my title from the old TS2 site--I was proudly a Loquacious Lurker.

@Emerald1234, I do think sims 2 online could be a good game--but I'd want it separate, or at least with the ability to play offline as well. In fact, I've always though that Urbz, with a dash of TS2 features, should be revived and made into an online game. And there's mobile games too; you could integrate them both to do something really cool/special. Players could pick where they want to live and do the regular simming stuff, but also developers could add a dash of Sim City, in that random events and disasters can take place, then a dash of Pokemon Go/Nintendo 3DS, so that players can get out and about, tag each other, exchange stuff, have a dance off, whatever. Possibilities are endless. There are so many things that could be done with the franchise! But instead of either perfecting the original games or taking the franchise in new and interesting directions, EA seems content with dividing old content into tiny bits and repackaging it in new, shiny, & expensive skins. To be fair, though, I haven't tried Sims Mobile yet.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Theorist
#7483 Old 23rd Feb 2019 at 3:11 AM
The original Sims Online, form what I've seen, I was too young at the time to play it, was pretty bad. Pretty much just people doing skilling minigames and throwing parties (relaly form what I understand the main goal, so to say, of the game and the means for advancement was to get as many people as possible to visit and spend time on your lot). And that's really the problem with a Sims online, the moment you can't play whole families, can't make any storylines (and good luck finding people who'd agree on a storyline with you and then would stay committed to it...)and stuff like that it pretty much devolves into a virtual chatroom with the ability to build your own house. Look at the early concept screenshots for Sims 4 when it was still supposed to include online features. Was anybody really gonna invite their friends for pretend pancake dinners?
Also: what to do about Custom Content?

If all that is wished for from a Sims online title is the ability to walk a friend through your house, then that's easier accomplished with using screen share on Discord. Have done it several times already. The other person doesn't even need the game for that.

That all being said, I think it would have been better for pretty much everyone if they had just released the online version of Sims 4 as "the Sims Online 2". It would have found it's niche, it's audience and they could have started developing a "proper" Sims 4 sooner.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Forum Resident
#7484 Old 23rd Feb 2019 at 6:09 PM
Insimenator is down!

I know it's gone down before, but I wonder if it's connected to Sims2Graveyard going down for so long? Pescado owns both correct?
Theorist
#7485 Old 24th Feb 2019 at 8:54 PM
Me: Yes, I can finally get back to some game related things now that I've completed and submitted my husband and I's personal taxes for the year, and have gotten some other important things done. But first I need to quickly find two default replacement outfits for a couple of delivery NPC's.

Me: *2+ hours later* Why the hell am I still downloading stuff? I found what I wanted ten minutes into the search. Ugh.

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Alchemist
#7486 Old 24th Feb 2019 at 9:04 PM
That's me when I'm working on cleaning up my downloads! Especially with the hairs. I'm like, 'okay, let's look up these things so I can figure out what textures they use and if I have any redundant ones'. Five to ten minutes later I've found the original download plus two or three other ones to download and another ten to twenty minutes after that I have about 30 tabs open and counting.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#7487 Old 24th Feb 2019 at 9:20 PM
That discouraging feeling when you realize, once more, that you don't know enough about uploading a lot, and that you've read pretty much everything you found on this matter..yet, testing does not go as planned. What's wrong with me? lol

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Top Secret Researcher
#7488 Old 24th Feb 2019 at 10:13 PM
Y'know, it'd be interesting if some sims were heavier or lighter sleepers. One wakes up if someone so much as walks into the room, while another sleeps through a TV, radio, and crying baby all at once.

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Field Researcher
#7489 Old 24th Feb 2019 at 10:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by StrangeTownChick
Y'know, it'd be interesting if some sims were heavier or lighter sleepers. One wakes up if someone so much as walks into the room, while another sleeps through a TV, radio, and crying baby all at once.

The traits mod has one out for that, I think.
Mad Poster
#7490 Old 25th Feb 2019 at 12:04 AM
Well about that, and about random...Having some sims 3 traits in my sims 2 game would feels rather...out of place. I won't be a customer.

Mad Poster
#7491 Old 25th Feb 2019 at 1:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
I do think sims 2 online could be a good game--but I'd want it separate, or at least with the ability to play offline as well. In fact, I've always though that Urbz, with a dash of TS2 features, should be revived and made into an online game. And there's mobile games too; you could integrate them both to do something really cool/special. Players could pick where they want to live and do the regular simming stuff, but also developers could add a dash of Sim City, in that random events and disasters can take place, then a dash of Pokemon Go/Nintendo 3DS, so that players can get out and about, tag each other, exchange stuff, have a dance off, whatever. Possibilities are endless. There are so many things that could be done with the franchise! But instead of either perfecting the original games or taking the franchise in new and interesting directions, EA seems content with dividing old content into tiny bits and repackaging it in new, shiny, & expensive skins. To be fair, though, I haven't tried Sims Mobile yet.

I'd love to see some kind of Urbz reboot. I didn't really get into the ps2 version of the game, but the handheld version was by far one of my favourite spin-off sims games (along with Sims 2 for PSP, that game was fantastic). Maybe not with the cartoony graphics EAxis are using these days with Sims 4, but at least with Sims 2 sims. Something about that urban lifestyle just really stood out as a good set-up for a game. It didn't focus too heavily on careers and baby-making like a regular sims game, and I think that would work to it's advantage in an online game.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Instructor
#7492 Old 25th Feb 2019 at 1:31 AM
It's funny that Sims 2 is getting some new attention from the Sims 4 fans. I just hate how phony some of them are about their feelings about Sims 2. Sims 4 Let's Players are the worst out of the Bunch.

There's no drama, like Sims drama.

Currently Playing: Sims 2 again!

Mad Poster
#7493 Old 25th Feb 2019 at 1:42 AM
I miss TS2, but I'm busy sorting out everything in preparation for my new computer.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#7494 Old 25th Feb 2019 at 1:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
That discouraging feeling when you realize, once more, that you don't know enough about uploading a lot, and that you've read pretty much everything you found on this matter..yet, testing does not go as planned. What's wrong with me? lol

What specific problem are you having? I found the mods very patient and understanding about clarifications, and of course there's all the rest of us out here, too. If the house isn't working as intended in playtest, go to the Upload/Creator Feedback forum and upload a few screenshots illustrating the layout and explaining the problem, and I bet we can help you figure it out.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#7495 Old 25th Feb 2019 at 2:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
What specific problem are you having? I found the mods very patient and understanding about clarifications, and of course there's all the rest of us out here, too. If the house isn't working as intended in playtest, go to the Upload/Creator Feedback forum and upload a few screenshots illustrating the layout and explaining the problem, and I bet we can help you figure it out.

Thank you Peni.
Problems happen in test hood. Objects are either flashing blue, or are replaced..while I made sure to have everything needed, in my Downloads folder. Maybe my test hood is missing CEP or some other files, since I created a new The Sims 2 folder for testing..containing only, the contents needed for my lot.
I'll do more testing, and..I'll go post in Feedback forums.

Alchemist
#7496 Old 25th Feb 2019 at 2:26 AM
@Rosebine, If it's a new hood, sometimes the Custom Content Enabled button gets unchecked. Since it sounds like nothing's working with the correct files in the folder, I'd check that first. Then I'd check to see if maybe the objects you're using are slaved and are missing a master mesh.

aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#7497 Old 25th Feb 2019 at 2:41 AM
Thank you @Phantomknight
I am pretty sure I made sure everything was checked. The items are some I created myself...imagine my surprise. lol
I'll double check, thanks!

Space Pony
#7498 Old 25th Feb 2019 at 3:11 AM
@Rosebine , about CEP, I use UC, if that makes any difference.
Anyhow about CEP. I have downloaded the manual version from here: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=92541

And only kept :

"_EnableColorOptionsGMND.package" , only file what goes to your Downloads folder.

and:

direct quote from the Instructions of the manual setup:
""Extras" folder:
Open it and you will find 2 subfolders, "MyDocuments" and "ProgramFiles "
Open the "MyDocuments" folder and move the entire "zCEP-EXTRA" subfolder, along with the several files contained in it, in:
(My Documents)\EA Games\The Sims 2
NOTE: *DO NOT* put the "zCEP-EXTRA" folder into the Downloads. It goes into the main "The Sims 2" folder!"

Long rambling in short, lol, those two things , _EnableColorOptionsGMND.package (what goes to dl) and the zCEP-EXTRA-folder (what goes under sims2 ultimate collection , in my case.) I have those saved and when ever I make a new folder I just drop the other to Downloads and the other to the main folder. All the other ones are installed at Program Files and are there in every game-folder you create

(I hope I made any sence, soryy , late hours)

~~~~Call me Ellu ~~~

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..
Mad Poster
#7499 Old 25th Feb 2019 at 4:01 AM Last edited by Rosebine : 25th Feb 2019 at 4:18 AM.
Thank you dear @Kukamuukaanmuka
Reinstalling the CEP does just that. Still, it won't show my objects, which are all in Downloads folder. They do not show in game's catalogue. Something weird is happening!
My Walls, floors, and recolors DO show, but anything that has a new mesh, does not show up, except one carpet 0_o

Oh do I feel dumb...I fixed it. I had to click here, so that window pop..so I can click there...lol
Thank you all.

Mad Poster
#7500 Old 25th Feb 2019 at 4:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by monijt1
It's funny that Sims 2 is getting some new attention from the Sims 4 fans. I just hate how phony some of them are about their feelings about Sims 2. Sims 4 Let's Players are the worst out of the Bunch.

What are they saying?
Page 300 of 516