Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
#6576 Old 21st Aug 2018 at 7:09 PM
I downloaded a coal mining career. When my Sim got in the truck driver level, she wore this outfit:

I think something went wrong with the (custom) career clothing.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#6577 Old 21st Aug 2018 at 7:18 PM
The more unstable TS2 gets (pink flashing, crashing, etc...), the more appealing TS3 becomes. >.<

Perhaps this could also fit in the Unpopular Opinions Thread.
Lab Assistant
#6578 Old 21st Aug 2018 at 7:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by M.M.A.A.
The more unstable TS2 gets (pink flashing, crashing, etc...), the more appealing TS3 becomes. >.<

Perhaps this could also fit in the Unpopular Opinions Thread.

I dunno, I gave up 3 after seven years in favor of going back to 2, and I don't think I'd ever try to touch 3 again, as much as I loved it. It took 20-30 minutes just to tweak mods with every new save, and then I could only get the family to go for 2-3 generations before it imploded, no matter how many tips I read and employed from the Internet.
Mad Poster
#6579 Old 21st Aug 2018 at 7:39 PM
TS3 has its own set of problems, including the infamous Error Code 12.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#6580 Old 21st Aug 2018 at 7:45 PM
@Nukk - Oh wow! I never actually played the game, only tried it once at my aunt's house.

@Bulbizarre - Error Code 12? What's that? Will try to Google it.
Mad Poster
#6581 Old 21st Aug 2018 at 7:47 PM
It's when the game engine runs out of memory and can't save. There's a few workarounds for it, but I think they're really only temporary.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#6582 Old 21st Aug 2018 at 7:53 PM
@Bulbizarre - Sounds similar to the game crashing I guess. >.<

Thanks for the heads-up, you two! XP
Link Ninja
#6583 Old 21st Aug 2018 at 7:58 PM
Hello, a reminder to anyone that hasn't done it recently but:

Back up your game!

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Mad Poster
#6584 Old 21st Aug 2018 at 8:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charmful
Hello, a reminder to anyone that hasn't done it recently but:

Back up your game!

This needs to be on Site News feed above: Latest Site News: It's 'Back-up Your Game' Day!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#6585 Old 21st Aug 2018 at 10:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charmful
Back up your game!

I even wrote a handy guide about a hundred years ago:
Game Help:Back Upswiki

Of course, these days I'd recommend 7zip instead of WinZIP or Winrar, and I'd tell you to backup to external hard drive or flash drive (or your dedicated Sims 2 file server, if you have one ) instead of CD/DVD. But the principle is the same.
Inventor
#6586 Old 21st Aug 2018 at 10:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
I even wrote a handy guide about a hundred years ago:
Game Help:Back Upswiki

Of course, these days I'd recommend 7zip instead of WinZIP or Winrar, and I'd tell you to backup to external hard drive or flash drive (or your dedicated Sims 2 server, if you have one ) instead of CD/DVD. But the principle is the same.

I'm gonna get an external hard drive just for this purpose . I've found some good inexpensive ones over at Best Buy. Though maybe I'll ask Santa to get me one for my Christmas present this year

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Mad Poster
#6587 Old 21st Aug 2018 at 11:40 PM
I think I just created my first... 'non-gender specific(?)' Greek house. Basically, two of my Sims (Isaiah Gavigan & Tina Traveller) who are lovers/going steady, both wanted to join a greek house, and since I didn't find it worth building an entire big house just to house each one of them in one separately, I converted their little college residence into one. Plus, I don't have many sims in this neighborhood - yet, so there's no point in that anyway... Everybody wins! :D
Mad Poster
#6588 Old 22nd Aug 2018 at 1:07 AM Last edited by FranH : 22nd Aug 2018 at 2:46 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Primavera
Hmm that's weird, I haven't had a crash yet @FranH :0. And it does grow, albiet more slowly, because every time I put it on 'read-only' it unchecks itself, I'm still trying to work with it. But the Groups and cigen cache never grow so those are fine. I read that someone on leefish solved the problem temporarily by letting the game generate an Accessory cache by just opening the game, not going into one of their neighborhoods, and exiting back out. They put in the 1kb Accessory cache and put it on 'read-only' and it stayed at 1kb. I'm gonna open my game today and try this method

EDIT: okay I finally figured out how to make it stick! Turns out I needed to hit 'Apply' before hitting 'OK' when setting the Accessory to 'read-only' (I have Win10 so I don't know how it'll look for you). I just booted up my game and loaded Veronaville and exited back out and it stayed at 1kb. So definitely remember to hit 'Apply'

I have Win 7, and when I put it in, (overriding the original) the program asked me if it was all right to put it in at all because it came from another computer. (Windows Defender doesn't like me..) I put it on 'read only' and allowed it in the game. I don't know if the warning about 'coming from another computer' is the clash?

EDIT:
I checked the settings for the Accessories cache: put them on 'read only' but had not hit 'apply'. Now that I have, maybe that will help. It certainly can't hurt. Dumb me!

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#6589 Old 22nd Aug 2018 at 1:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by M.M.A.A.
I think I just created my first... 'non-gender specific(?)' Greek house.

I think "co-ed" might be the word you're looking for.

Mad Poster
#6590 Old 22nd Aug 2018 at 1:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
I think "co-ed" might be the word you're looking for.

Thank you!
Forum Resident
#6591 Old 22nd Aug 2018 at 5:23 PM
This is a VERY random thought. We're redecorating my room, including changing the floor from grotty old carpet to a nice wood-patterned vinyl, and while my dad was pulling up the carpet, I just thought how much easier it all is in the Sims!
Mad Poster
#6592 Old 24th Aug 2018 at 1:15 AM
I wish we had the Fashion career from TS2 Pets console version. EA should've added a Radio career as well.
Mad Poster
#6593 Old 24th Aug 2018 at 12:49 PM
Argh, I don't know why but I really want to restart my megahood and play with the premades once more. But also 4+ years in the making and I love my current sims!

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Forum Resident
#6594 Old 24th Aug 2018 at 3:41 PM
Sometimes the thought of Strangetown hits me
But
It must have been really weird to see your sister marry your father... would I say ---

I build small houses *^*
Top Secret Researcher
#6595 Old 25th Aug 2018 at 9:50 PM
YES I finally got upgraded to space pony! (Didn't know that was a category.) lol!
Top Secret Researcher
#6596 Old 25th Aug 2018 at 9:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by OnayaW
Sometimes the thought of Strangetown hits me
But
It must have been really weird to see your sister marry your father... would I say ---

Wait, who?!
Mad Poster
#6597 Old 25th Aug 2018 at 10:45 PM
*Leaves computer on, game running, for two days. Computer retaliates with flashing pink trees and fences.*

Do I blame the smoke forcing us to have the windows closed all night and the house heating up? (House is at 75 F, we usually aim for 68-70 F in the summer--no A/C, all natural cooling.)
The computer user (myself) for not having the sense to shut the computer down overnight?
The computer user for putting in too much graphics stuff? (But the pretty skies! The reflective water!)

All of the above?

Related question: If I am zoomed into the bedroom, and the pretty pond is off the edge of my screen, thus not visible to me, but is on the lot I'm in, is my video card still processing it?

Do I tinker with anything before starting the game today, since I did shut down immediately upon the House of Fallen Trees starting flashing last night?

Also PSA: if you're pulling off the road due to car trouble, please to stay on the PAVED part of the shoulder. Your engine is hot enough to start another wildfire. (Yesterday on the freeway: only took an hour for the fire departments to get it under control, and topography helped immensely with that, but we didn't need more particulates in the air!)

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#6598 Old 25th Aug 2018 at 10:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Pideli
YES I finally got upgraded to space pony! (Didn't know that was a category.) lol!

For posterity!

Space pony only lasts for about five posts, so will soon be gone.
Screenshots
Forum Resident
#6599 Old 25th Aug 2018 at 11:52 PM
I can't tell you the number of times I've built community lots and forgotten to include bathrooms
Mad Poster
#6600 Old 26th Aug 2018 at 12:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by inspiredzone
I can't tell you the number of times I've built community lots and forgotten to include bathrooms

Don't feel too bad... lots of real-life architects seem to forget to add them too...

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Page 264 of 511