Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Jun 2006 at 4:11 PM
Default Cleaning a Lot for Upload
Okay, I've got a slight problem. I'm trying to create a lot for upload. It saves everything (and I mean EVERYTHING) when I export it from the game into a .pkg.

When I right-click the file and "open with" I get the full list of items inside the lot file. I uncheck those I don't want to upload (hacks, other creator's items, etc.) but I DO want to include the floors, walls and decorations I made. I also want to include the family as I made them as well. However, when I "save as" I choose filenameCLEANED (so I don't forget what it is and so it doesn't overwrite the orginal .pkg) it only saves the house. No walls, no floors, no people, no decorations. Considering the amount of time spent on the houses, the walls, the floors and the decorations I'm getting a little frustrated that I can't seem to export them all together (that an I really don't want to have to .rar every single one of the items and then upload seperatly - I'm lazy that way).

Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks!

Valui ad satanam in computatrum meum invocandum

Simmer Romanus2 - My Yahoo! Group

Requests of Roman items taken. My NON-adult items are FREE to use, as long as they remain FREE! (NO PAY SITES!) I'd appreciate a link back, or a mention, but it's not needed. :D
Advertisement
Part-time Hermit
#2 Old 26th Jun 2006 at 2:09 PM
Have you tried following the Creator Guidelines on how to prepare your lot for upload?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Jun 2006 at 6:00 PM
I've followed it when I didn't create custom content and custom families (just for the floorplan) but this one has every wall, floor and garden terrain by me and I want them to stay together. When I do the right-click "open with" and then uncheck all the content NOT getting sent along with it, it errases ALL the custom content (and the family) even though I didn't uncheck them.

What I'm trying to figure out is how to keep the stuff I made (and the family) when I save it and so far no method I've tried has done it. It's either all the stuff (including hacks and non-shareable custom content) or nothing. I'm looking for the happy medium...

Valui ad satanam in computatrum meum invocandum

Simmer Romanus2 - My Yahoo! Group

Requests of Roman items taken. My NON-adult items are FREE to use, as long as they remain FREE! (NO PAY SITES!) I'd appreciate a link back, or a mention, but it's not needed. :D