Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#5901 Old 5th Jun 2018 at 6:15 AM
Assuming you added BO's mod, the option is "nurse (baby)."

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Advertisement
Inventor
#5902 Old 5th Jun 2018 at 6:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Assuming you added BO's mod, the option is "nurse (baby)."

Nope, the only BO mods I have currently are 'No Fresh Food!', 'No Welcome Home Hugs', and 'Multi-key Dorm Doors'. I have a couple of Cyjon mods, however, and most of twojeff's mods. I'm not against this though, I'm just curious if and when it'll happen again.

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Top Secret Researcher
#5903 Old 5th Jun 2018 at 8:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Ooh, where did you get those stakes in your garden from?

The Winery? It's a mod from Plumb bob Keep. Open up "Look at this awesome thing I found" thread on here, OP is where you'll find the link. Posts are under fences.
Mad Poster
#5904 Old 5th Jun 2018 at 11:51 AM
Sims can breastfeed in the vanilla game if the baby is very hungry and there is no milk in the fridge.
Inventor
#5905 Old 5th Jun 2018 at 12:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
Sims can breastfeed in the vanilla game if the baby is very hungry and there is no milk in the fridge.

I've been playing this game since 2008 and you mean to tell me this is an actual thing ? How many other hidden interactions have I missed because of my dislike of free will I wonder . But they had a fridge, the baby was in the green (like a light green but still good) and she just decided to breastfeed without question, I literally sat there in shock . I know there's a breastfeed mod somewhere but I never thought it was part of the original game code.

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Mad Poster
#5906 Old 5th Jun 2018 at 12:29 PM
It is, breastfeed mods just finish what EA left mostly unfinished. There's a lot of weirdness with it, and it takes ridiculously long if you don't mod it.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Inventor
#5907 Old 5th Jun 2018 at 12:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
It is, breastfeed mods just finish what EA left mostly unfinished. There's a lot of weirdness with it, and it takes ridiculously long if you don't mod it.

Ah okay. Though it looked normal in my game, the blur worked and she stood there idle (idle with a mix of the potty training animation or something like that) but she didn't stop so I canceled the interaction and aged the baby up. I'll look more into this today.

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Top Secret Researcher
#5908 Old 5th Jun 2018 at 12:38 PM Last edited by mixa97sr : 5th Jun 2018 at 12:56 PM.
I discovered that parents, family members and care givers (teens, and adults) will worry if their little ones (babies, toddlers and sometimes children) are not doing well and there is a risk of social worker taking them away.

EDIT:

I rarely have kids growing up badly. But the Newsons are such a nightmare, and it's extremely hard to take care of so many sims that have so many responsibilities in just one simple trailer home for one sim.

Apparently, badly grown up kids have nightmares more often.

Mad Poster
#5909 Old 5th Jun 2018 at 1:11 PM
Is she having a nightmare about Mrs Crumplebottom?
Mad Poster
#5910 Old 5th Jun 2018 at 4:46 PM
No, that's a nanny. Callista Despret, I think.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Top Secret Researcher
#5911 Old 5th Jun 2018 at 5:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mixa97sr
How darn beautiful this game can be if you have lighting mod installed:

And it even works trough the windows, doors and arches to the outside AND the inside. I've been using it for a long, long time, and only now I notice this wonderful detail!

I tried gunmod's lighting mod but it's way too dark for me, it always looks like it's a cloudy day outside even if it's sunny. I wish I knew how to alter it so that the sunny days look sunny but I still get to keep the other darker lights because they're beautiful. :/
Lab Assistant
#5912 Old 5th Jun 2018 at 7:11 PM
You know how toddlers only ever roll specific wants to interact with another Sim if said Sim is one of their parents? I think they can roll the want to sing the nursery rhyme with the person who taught them but other than that it's either a generic want (play with anybody) or directed at their parents - never at grandparents, older siblings or anyone else in the household.

Well, I recently had a male couple - let's call them Sim A and Sim B - who I wanted to have a baby. But I don't have a mod for same-sex pregnancy in my game and I didn't want them to adopt. So instead I took Sim A's sister, Sim C, and used the Simblender to impregnate her with Sim B's baby, declaring her their surrogate. When the baby was born I used SimPE to change the family ties and set both Sim A and Sim B as parents, "degrading" Sim C to aunt.

Now the baby has just aged up to toddler and their first wants were these: buy a toy; play with Sim B; get cuddled by Sim B; play with Sim C!!!

So, I guess what I'm trying to say is: Today I've discovered that Sims are sentient. That baby knows what I've done.
Mad Poster
#5913 Old 5th Jun 2018 at 7:31 PM
Of course the baby knows what you did. All the pixels are aware of our presence in their on-screen lives. Why else do they sometimes turn around and stare at you when you know they can't see you?

Because they know you're sitting there laughing at them and torturing them at the same time...for your own amusement!

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Field Researcher
#5914 Old 5th Jun 2018 at 8:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
Of course the baby knows what you did. All the pixels are aware of our presence in their on-screen lives. Why else do they sometimes turn around and stare at you when you know they can't see you?

Because they know you're sitting there laughing at them and torturing them at the same time...for your own amusement!

Here I was scared. I knew that Sims could look at the player and it did not scare me. But what did you describe ... Sims in Sims 2 know about us. And what they think about us? What If Sims 3 was created by the same Maxoids? Perhaps the Sims would have arranged a revolution there to get rid of the diamonds through which we control them.
What if the developers specially in the subsequent games made the Sims a bit stupider, so that they would not frighten some of their players with their behavior?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#5915 Old 5th Jun 2018 at 8:24 PM
Don't worry though; they may be aware of us and plotting revenge, but they are really, really tiny.
Screenshots
Top Secret Researcher
#5916 Old 5th Jun 2018 at 9:03 PM
From those images I could only infer that Sims 2 sims are way smaller than Sims 1 sims are. I wonder where on the scale Sims 3 and 4 sims are then?
Also, Will's sleeping giant in Sims 1 MM is actually to scale if we were to go by that image you provided.

I would be afraid tho. Remember the gnome's revenge on Sims 2 TV? Enough of sims from all of our games collected rising up against their torturers and humanity is no more.
Mad Poster
#5917 Old 5th Jun 2018 at 9:53 PM
Well, there is an 'electric gnome' available for download. It's their revenge on us. It'll definitely kill a pixel if it comes into contact (ie, stealing it) or even thinks about doing that. That's for controlled pixels. The uncontrolled ones merely get badly shocked and go home mad at you for having such a vicious garden sculpture..

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Field Researcher
#5918 Old 5th Jun 2018 at 10:10 PM
From those images I could only infer that Sims 2 sims are way smaller than Sims 1 sims are. I wonder where on the scale Sims 3 and 4 sims are then?
Also, Will's sleeping giant in Sims 1 MM is actually to scale if we were to go by that image you provided.

I would be afraid tho. Remember the gnome's revenge on Sims 2 TV? Enough of sims from all of our games collected rising up against their torturers and humanity is no more.

Sims in Sims 4 have human growth in reality.
https://youtu.be/InKXtPvIxE8

But Sims 2 would be really small in reality. :lovestruc
http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...679#post5382679

There are 2 videos.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#5919 Old 5th Jun 2018 at 10:25 PM
Those human sized sims 4 sims were scary! But I would have had to have stolen that huge shiny plumbob, and run off with it.
Top Secret Researcher
#5920 Old 5th Jun 2018 at 10:25 PM
Oh wow that BDSM refference in that first commercial. And we never got ability to have sims as fat as that sim in that second commercial (in sims 2 I mean).
Mad Poster
#5921 Old 6th Jun 2018 at 2:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
Well, there is an 'electric gnome' available for download. It's their revenge on us. It'll definitely kill a pixel if it comes into contact (ie, stealing it) or even thinks about doing that. That's for controlled pixels. The uncontrolled ones merely get badly shocked and go home mad at you for having such a vicious garden sculpture..

And those bastards deserve it, always trying to steal lawn ornaments!
Theorist
#5922 Old 6th Jun 2018 at 3:32 AM
Oh wow that BDSM refference in that first commercial. And we never got ability to have sims as fat as that sim in that second commercial (in sims 2 I mean).

We never got BDSM gameplay either

(joking guys, just joking)

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Mad Poster
#5923 Old 7th Jun 2018 at 12:48 AM
If you have Chris Hatch's strip poker table on a lot and an NPC bartender takes off all his clothes while playing, he won't change back to the bartender outfit before returning to his job.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5924 Old 7th Jun 2018 at 1:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Pideli
I tried gunmod's lighting mod but it's way too dark for me, it always looks like it's a cloudy day outside even if it's sunny. I wish I knew how to alter it so that the sunny days look sunny but I still get to keep the other darker lights because they're beautiful. :/

There are other lighting mods. I use SpookyMuffins with tweaks by Dicreasy.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Inventor
#5925 Old 7th Jun 2018 at 1:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
There are other lighting mods. I use SpookyMuffins with tweaks by Dicreasy.

Do you have a link to SpookyMuffin's mod? I plan on using GunMod's lighting mod, along with different skyboxes, but if I don't like it I'll try out SpookyMuffin's

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Page 237 of 441