Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Dec 2009 at 4:34 PM
Default Custom Terrain have too much contrast?
I'm having problems with custom terrains. Every time I make a new terrain paint, it makes it have high contrast when you paint the land. It seems as it adds lots of contrast and brightness. Is there something wrong with the settings, or how I am saving it? I use photoshop to save it as a .png, .tga, .jpg and .dds file, but that didn't change anything. Thanks for any help!
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 31st Dec 2009 at 5:59 PM
Have you tried playing around with the opacity on the texture? I ran into the same thing while testing and if I turned the opacity down it worked much better. Just keep in mind, what is under the transparent texture will show through the texture you apply over it.

I also know from experience with creating default road replacement textures that what an image looks like in your editing program is most likely not what it's going to look like in-game. It seems to end up with more saturation and light than they should have. The images I put into the road replacements look nothing like they ended up looking within the game. I would try playing around with the image in your editing program, lowering saturation a bit and possibly making it lighter and see if that does the trick.
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 31st Dec 2009 at 7:19 PM
Thank you so much for the tips! It worked out nicely.