Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Banned
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Dec 2009 at 8:52 PM
Default Floating island. Anyone experienced this?
I haven't tested in-game to see if it stays the way it is...

But with some clever sculpting, this could be a pretty awesome world. Not quite sure at all how I managed it, though. The only downside is that all the water would have to be on lots, not natural, but being able to place spawners in-game with WA would fix that problem.

If anyone wants the world file to play with I'll upload it. :p
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 29th Dec 2009 at 1:30 AM
take a look at your height map, this is what is going wrong i think.
OOOO
OXXO the X's are your actual world and the O's are the 'background' world.
OOOO

i think everybody's world floats but your world doesn't have a background so it becomes far more notiable.
Banned
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Dec 2009 at 2:55 AM
...No, I'm pretty sure it isn't supposed ot look like this. I can't reach the water. Other worlds are rested within the water.
Test Subject
#4 Old 29th Dec 2009 at 6:10 AM
are you using a premade height map?

I honestly don't know what is happening. what happens when you try change the water height?
Banned
Original Poster
#5 Old 29th Dec 2009 at 6:38 AM
That's the thing, I dont wanna try! Tomorrow I'm gonna open it in-game and see what happens.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#6 Old 29th Dec 2009 at 9:38 AM
I made floating lots by starting off with a raised land level, then sinking the land after I made the lots. The sims were still able to use the lots, by floating upwards while making little walking movements. Under the floating lots were blue cutouts like the sort you get with faulty CC.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Test Subject
#7 Old 29th Dec 2009 at 11:25 AM
ahh, an idea, what happens when you open up the pre made 'lite' worlds? i presume that this dosn't happen. If the premade worlds are having the same problem i would recommend a re install.
#8 Old 29th Dec 2009 at 11:56 AM
No I don't think reinstalling is relevant.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Test Subject
#9 Old 30th Dec 2009 at 12:13 AM
well, i guess opening up an already working world should see if it is a bug or not, if it does continue to happen, I'm speechless.
#10 Old 30th Dec 2009 at 9:09 AM
All my worlds start off with some gap between them and the water - not as bad as that though. Make a depression where you want your lake or whatever, then use the sea level tool to bring the water to a level on the lake. Maybe that will close the gap.