Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Jan 2010 at 3:59 PM
Default Sunset Valley Textures
I've noticed that there are some textures in the Sunset Valley_Lite world that do not actually exist in the SourceTextures folder (i.e. the texture on the mountain).

I've tried to export these textures, but they end up as black splotches. Anyone have any luck?
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 2nd Jan 2010 at 4:03 PM
You can find those textures in with the game's textures - I can probably sort out which they are if you want - I extracted the DDSes ages ago and matched them up. They'll be black or sort of brown/orange splotches when you replace the DDSes if you click Edit, till you save and reopen the file. You can look in the mean time using S3PE if you want, cos I'll probably forget to see which is which.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Jan 2010 at 10:59 PM
I was specifically looking for the rock_granite_base, rock_granite_detailA and rock_granite_detailB.

I did use S3PE and found texture paints that matched the names, but I have no idea how to extract them. How do you do it?
Eminence Grise
#4 Old 2nd Jan 2010 at 11:48 PM
I posted a mini-tut in here: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=384197

If you've already found the textures you need in S3PE, you just need the instructions from "Open S3PE" onwards.
Test Subject
#5 Old 3rd Jan 2010 at 2:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jje1000
I've noticed that there are some textures in the Sunset Valley_Lite world that do not actually exist in the SourceTextures folder (i.e. the texture on the mountain).

I've tried to export these textures, but they end up as black splotches. Anyone have any luck?

When you right click on the terrain paint in CAW, the Import/Export options you see are not for the terrain itself, but for the alpha map used to tell it where to put the paint.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 3rd Jan 2010 at 5:17 AM
I tried it, and it worked!

Thanks! :D
Theorist
#7 Old 3rd Jan 2010 at 5:56 AM
Martine at the official forum has uploaded a bunch of game textures to her blog. I figured I'd post in case anyone might want to see what she has before they go texture diving.