Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Sep 2017 at 10:23 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Wants are not rerolling...again
Hello I had mentioned in my previous post that one of my sims wants were blank and not rerolling however I fixed it by aging him up using the inSIM. However I have another sim (Mary-Sue from Pleasantview) who also has all wants just blank. It was my first time playing as the family and when I clicked on her all of her wants are blank and cannot be rerolled. I've never had it be this bad. It seems using the fixed templates has given me more issues than I'm used to...

Things I've tried:

1. Reloading the lot. I've reloaded it and again the problem persists.
2. Rerolling wants using the inSIM. Didn't work.
3. Fixing blank wants using the batbox. Unfortunately this was a no go as well. It only rerolls the fears (which are normal and are not buggy unlike the wants)
4. Aging her down to teen and then back up to adult using insim. I figured as strange as this sounds for a solution it actually worked when I tried it on Alexander Goth who was the last sim I had with this problem. So I tried this and weird thing is when I aged Mary sue down to a teenager two of her wants slots were revived, the remaining want slots are still blank. I then aged her back to adult and One of the wants slots went back to being blank. So it seems the older she gets the less wants slots are revived.

Things I have not tried yet:

1. Taking out Custom Content. I'm currently backing up my hood while writing this thread but since I have so much stuff it's a really long process. I'll give an update to see if that fixes the problem or not.
2. Run Hoodcheck. Again I'm waiting for my backup to finish and then I'll run that and post anything else that may or may not happen afterward.

I wanted to make this thread because this problem has been reoccurring for me. Strangely when I played the base neighborhoods without using tarlias templates I didn't come across as many issues as I'm seeing now. Though of course that doesn't mean the base hoods are better than her templates, maybe the corruption is just more apparent but less devastating in the end? I'm not sure. Anyway any help is greatly appreciated and hopefully I can get this resolved soon.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 20th Sep 2017 at 10:29 PM
The only solution I've found for this is moving the household out of the house and back in. It's a bit of a pain, unfortunately. Not so much a sign of corruption as the game basically just throwing its hands up and going "I don't know!"

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Sep 2017 at 10:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
The only solution I've found for this is moving the household out of the house and back in. It's a bit of a pain, unfortunately. Not so much a sign of corruption as the game basically just throwing its hands up and going "I don't know!"

Hmm that's odd. Maybe a corrupt home then? I'll try this is nothing else works thanks.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 20th Sep 2017 at 10:49 PM
Pleasantview ships corrupted so it could simply be a sign of that. I would run Hood Checker.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 21st Sep 2017 at 5:47 AM Last edited by jvms20 : 25th Sep 2017 at 3:43 AM.
New things I've tried:

1. Hoodchecked the neighborhood. Several errors came up but not relating to Mary Sue. I opened up the game again and nothing has changed.
2. I used the batbox to wipe corrupt memories. I figured maybe that is what was causing her wants to not show up but that again did not fix the problem. Strange thing is when I click on her it shows her wants but then fades within a second. I posted a video below to show you what I mean:

https://youtu.be/JAWTouyspOs

EDIT: I removed my hacks and mods and it didn't seem to help either. So we can conclude it is not CC related. Well at least not by a hack..

Final Edit: I fixed the problem by playing normally and waiting for her to reroll her wants on her own. It doesn't help the actual source of hr problem since it happened to yet another family once I loaded them. But even with that family all I had to do was wait until I they came from work/school and the wants ended up showing up again. I wanted to write it out just in case anyone else needs to see this (as a possible solution.)