Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Sep 2017 at 10:06 PM
Default WCIF A Specific (Type Of) Default Replacement Gravestone?
I am looking for a default replacement gravestone - or, really, default replacements for all the gravestones, the normal one and all of the platinum ones - which are small enough to be hidden "inside" a decorative gravestone or other object (like a tree or a shrub, or a tree stump, for example). They don't need to look good on their own, as the whole point of them is to allow me to hide them inside a range of decorative things so that cemeteries can have more variety and all of the actual graves don't have the same style of gravestone (or, in historical/rural/alternative 'hoods, to allow burials without any kind of gravestone, with the grave marked with a shrub or tree stump or some flowers). That way I can have variety in my cemeteries/burial grounds, I don't have large, cumbersome gravestones/urns which I need to hide somehow and the ghosts will seem to be spawning from where they are actually buried!

The default replacement for the gravestone doesn't need to be a proper object, even, or have proper textures - a small plain coloured cube, for example, would do just fine! But it does need to be small enough to hide inside quite small objects, and preferably easy to pick up to move around, as well.

Does anyone know if such a default replacement exists anywhere? Any links, suggestions etc are as always much appreciated! :-)
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 19th Sep 2017 at 10:32 PM
if grave replacements exist, an internet search might find them.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 19th Sep 2017 at 10:36 PM
https://www.google.com/search?q=def...iw=1097&bih=543

Maybe something here is small to do that with.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4 Old 20th Sep 2017 at 12:20 PM
I have already searched for them online, but although many default replacement gravestones exist for TS2 they are all, well, gravestones, which is not what I'm looking for! I surely can't be the only one who would like a default replacement like this, so I was wondering if anyone knew of anything which had been made/shared somewhere more "off the beaten track".
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#5 Old 20th Sep 2017 at 1:30 PM
How about an invisible recolor? I am not sure that is possible but might be easier.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 20th Sep 2017 at 2:45 PM
I thought of that too, so I agree, danger is..you might lose it, not remembering where you put it. Tombstones aren't something you can loose track of....

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Theorist
#7 Old 20th Sep 2017 at 7:47 PM
It might be possible to use move objects and place them inside whatever you want to hide them in, say a tree and add a few flowers to cover any parts showing. There are decorative crypts which I've used before which go over the maxis stone with move objects, don't see why they wouldn't hide in the foliage to 'am-bush' unsuspecting sims. (:

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#8 Old 20th Sep 2017 at 9:19 PM
How small is quite small?

I have found the default graves and the aspiration ones, how does a sim get one of those? Automatically? Or does the player choose it?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#9 Old 20th Sep 2017 at 11:14 PM Last edited by lauratje86 : 21st Sep 2017 at 12:28 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
How small is quite small?

I have found the default graves and the aspiration ones, how does a sim get one of those? Automatically? Or does the player choose it?

Ideally I would be after something small enough to hide inside the base/vase part of a vase of flowers, so pretty small! Something that would be hidden by the vase from the date aspiration bunch of roses would be perfect. That way it could be hidden inside a vase, or possibly even by growing (seasonal) flowers which are "planted" on the burial site.

The aspiration graves are automatically given to sims if they die of old age whilst in platinum aspiration (I think?!). The player doesn't have a choice in what kind of gravestone a sim ends up with.

**ETA** I suppose that something small (in width/length/diameter) and fairly flat would be ideal? Like a smaller, plain/non-shiny version of Inge's electronic prisoner tag, perhaps?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#11 Old 21st Sep 2017 at 4:51 PM
They look amazing, HL! Having them with the original textures is a great idea, too. Thank you so much for making and sharing them, they will definitely be very useful in my game :-)

Will they replace the Pleasure & Grilled Cheese platinum aspiration gravestones as well?
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
#12 Old 21st Sep 2017 at 5:00 PM
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#13 Old 21st Sep 2017 at 5:13 PM Last edited by lauratje86 : 21st Sep 2017 at 10:48 PM.
Ah, no. I was only replacing the base game ones. I can add those if you want. They came with... FT?

If you are able to do so that would be amazing! :-) They both came with NL.

*ETA* Pets have gravestones as well, don't they? Can they be default replaced as well or is that not possible for some reason? I don't recall ever seeing and DR pet gravestones.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#14 Old 29th Dec 2017 at 9:31 PM
Apologies for a) double posting and b) bothering you, @HugeLunatic - but I was wondering if you are still willing and able to make and share default replacements for the remaining sim graves (Pleasure and Grilled Cheese) and possibly for pet graves as well? No worries if not, of course! :-)
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#16 Old 30th Dec 2017 at 2:46 PM
I *think* I had finished all this before the holiday season hit me at work. Give them a test?

http://simfileshare.net/folders/edit/5991/

Thank you! :-) Apparently I have to log in to Sim File Share to access the file/folder that you linked and it won't let me do so? Usually I can just download stuff on there without logging in (I think?).
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#18 Old 30th Dec 2017 at 11:41 PM
Thank you so much for these! I look forward to trying them out in-game in the morning :-)