Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Nov 2010 at 10:48 AM
Default Moving Wall Hanging Up and Down
I've been searching throughout the first and second page of Google and MTS and found nothing.

Is it possible to move wall hanging up and down just like in The Sims 2 Apartment Life? I've tried the '[' and ']' button but no luck.

I found this while checking out the premade apartment from Late Night:

It is in the apartment called Glenview Manor.

So, is it possible?
Screenshots

GiLaNg
After 7 year hiatus, Worldwide lockdown (and regretting the purchase of The Sims 4 last autumn sale) brought me back to The Sims 3.
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 17th Nov 2010 at 11:10 AM
Yes- as you place the wall object, hold your left mouse button down until you see the cursor change to an arrow. Then move the mouse to slide the item up and down the wall. Not all wall objects are moveable this way, though.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Nov 2010 at 11:13 AM
Wow Thanks a lot!!

GiLaNg
After 7 year hiatus, Worldwide lockdown (and regretting the purchase of The Sims 4 last autumn sale) brought me back to The Sims 3.
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#4 Old 17th Nov 2010 at 7:49 PM
That's a helpful tip for the wiki
Forum Resident
#5 Old 19th Nov 2010 at 5:08 PM
Or an alternate method for those people who have shaky hands(lol me), you can use the semicolon(; ) and the apostrophe(') keys to move things up and down walls.
Duck Defender
#6 Old 20th Nov 2010 at 7:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Miko09
Or an alternate method for those people who have shaky hands(lol me), you can use the semicolon(; ) and the apostrophe(') keys to move things up and down walls.

Awesome!

Thanks so much!
Field Researcher
#7 Old 21st Nov 2010 at 3:04 AM
If you hold down the ALT key while scaling down or up for an item on a wall, then there arent notches anymore, and you are free to have it WHEREEVER you want, its very useful.

I didn't see you there. Hello. *runs* | Visit my CFF World thread
Test Subject
#8 Old 29th Dec 2010 at 12:51 PM
Ugh, I can not get this to work at all Does it work in the base game of sims 3?
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
Test Subject
#10 Old 30th Dec 2010 at 6:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
It does work with base game but you will need the latest patch, 1.18.

My launcher says I have 4.0.87.006001 and when I click game updates it says its up to date already.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#11 Old 30th Dec 2010 at 6:21 PM
4.0.87 is Ambitions, and it is not up to date. Download the current patches for ALL EPs and SPs that you have and run them.
http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...ownload/Current