Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Mar 2010 at 5:31 PM
A Staircase's Diagonal Wall Underneath?
Hi,

In some of the EA pre-made houses, the staircase has a diagonal triangular piece of wall underneath it. Like this:

But, when I place a staircase in the house I'm building no triangular piece appears and when I add a wall next to it the wall goes right up to the ceiling!!

If I place a staircase on its own this sort of thing happens:

What's the trick to this and am I doing something wrong....I hate to see right through the staircase...

Thanks!
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 19th Mar 2010 at 5:41 PM
When I put in a staircase it looks like your first pic unless I delete the wall then it looks like your second pic and yes if I put it in where I already have walls up they go to the ceiling.

So when you put the stair in are you putting it where you have walls built already or is it out in the open? Cause if it is out in the open you should have ones like your first pic.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Mar 2010 at 6:38 PM
It's out in the open..yet theres no wall....could CC stairs be the culprit? I have downloaded a few from MTS2.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 19th Mar 2010 at 9:43 PM
When you put a stair out in the open, you don't get the pieces of wall underneath. That's just the way it is, and yes, it can be annoying .

One way is to enclose the area temporarily, when you build the stairs, to get the walls. Just delete the enclosure after. Of course, that can be tricky, depending on what you're building…
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#5 Old 21st Mar 2010 at 6:06 PM
Ah, when i placed my stairs the upstairs level wasn't enclosed...just open air...thats probably what's caused this...it thinks its a set of stairs from an outside level. I'll build and enclose the upstairs ect then place some stairs and i'll report back if it's fixed!

Thanks hazuitokage!
Instructor
#6 Old 23rd Mar 2010 at 6:52 AM
I find the easiest way to make sure you have walls enclosing them is to place the stairs first. Also, place them on the level you want them going up, if that makes sense. You will get walls every time.

No, u can't haz cheezburger
dodgy builder
#7 Old 27th Mar 2010 at 1:28 AM
Some stairs are made to have no wall around them. Try to use different stairs.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#8 Old 27th Mar 2010 at 5:48 PM
Actually, I eclosed the room with ceiling tiles/roof and more walls then replaced the stairs and the wall appeared...very strange! Perhaps a talented CC creator will make windows for cut outs understairs like inge_jones (i think it was her) did!