Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st May 2010 at 2:52 PM
Default Build a cafe or restaurant
Yesterday I tried to search to read all instructions for building and the thread something like what did you discover today while playing TS3, I learned a lot, thanks for that thread, but I couldn't finish it, I was on the thread posted on November 2009. So I'm sorry if I can't find any instruction to build for a restaurant, I got lost in the site, so how we build it,

Thanks.
Advertisement
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#2 Old 31st May 2010 at 3:05 PM
If the thread was titled as What did you discover playing today - that sounds very much like something in the social forums. Go to the top nav bar and select Community/Sims Discussion.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 31st May 2010 at 3:17 PM
Thanks and can we build a restaurant in TS3? I may just try it in the game.
Scholar
#4 Old 1st Jun 2010 at 9:02 AM
yes you can build a restaurant. There are a couple of mods on pretty sims to help you. BuyWAgoods anywhere is a necessary one. It lets you use the registers from the game to make shops and they allow the merchants to sell all the goods in the vacation worlds. So the food till can be used to build your restaurant. I'm not sure if anyone has done the same mod over here since I made mine but if you want mine you can get it here

http://www.prettysims.com/index.php...a=view;down=128

It should be compatible with the next EP too but I'll double check on that once I have it.

Sorry, we've had bother with spammers so you have to register to download.

You'll also find a link there that puts the registers into the computers buy mode, but you can find them in build mode community objects anyway
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 1st Jun 2010 at 4:01 PM
Thanks, I'll check them out.
Banned
#6 Old 5th Jun 2010 at 5:03 PM
The problem is that you cannot put stoves on community lots. Yes, it sucks. And no, it doesn't make any sense.
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 6th Jun 2010 at 4:57 AM
TJ -- no stoves on community lots does make a certain kind of sense. It keeps your sim from taking over the restaurant klitchen, and so forces a small amount of additional realism.

Retired from the Sims world. Please continue to enjoy my creations. Thank you to everyone who helped -- by either giving me the tools and knowledge to create or by encouraging me & downloading my creations. The Sims community is the BEST!
Scholar
#8 Old 7th Jun 2010 at 7:46 AM
I don't mind not having cookers on the community lots but I do mind that we can't place a cooker on a basecamp and EA can. The answer is to have a food shop on a basecamp which can be done
dodgy builder
#9 Old 16th Jun 2010 at 12:27 AM
I made a restaurant or cafe on a park kind of lot. Wasn't a park really, more like a 60x60 "I don't wanna be home, but still do homey things" kind of lot. Worked fine. I had the cafe and nectar cashregister from WA in an ordinary kitchen, just without the stove as mentioned before. No problem, untill the police came and picked up my teenager of cause