Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
In the Arena
retired moderator
#26 Old 5th Oct 2009 at 11:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by missroxor
Maybe I am miss-interpreting what your goal is (I'm on a work pc at the mo *shhhh* so can't download your tutorial to have a look) but just going off the two pics I think I may have the basis for a smaller footprint stairwell.

I have 2 uploads with circular stairwells (1x closed, 1x open) that take up only 3x3 squares. I only did them to go up one level but I'm confident I could do numerous levels and the sims go up and down them just fine. Can see them here: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=365480

All that said and done I'm sure I've seen a 2x6 multi level stairwell.

Your house is a 2-level with 4-steps having 3 mid-landings, so the stairs do not overlap. Try going up higher with the same design.

Can you post the download link for the 2x6 multi level stairwell? Can you recall how many floors this house have? I'd like to see it.

I haven't downloaded many lots/houses yet (that are more than 2 levels with the 8-steps mid-landing PB showed here) and mine was for a 5-level stairwell.

As many simmers found out, the stairs cannot overlap in TS3. When I build this house (pics below) my first week of gameplay, I couldn't figure out why my sims keep complaining that they cannot find their way to the 3rd floor.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 15th Oct 2009 at 1:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ellacharm3d
Your house is a 2-level with 4-steps having 3 mid-landings, so the stairs do not overlap. Try going up higher with the same design.

Can you post the download link for the 2x6 multi level stairwell? Can you recall how many floors this house have? I'd like to see it.

I haven't downloaded many lots/houses yet (that are more than 2 levels with the 8-steps mid-landing PB showed here) and mine was for a 5-level stairwell.

As many simmers found out, the stairs cannot overlap in TS3. When I build this house (pics below) my first week of gameplay, I couldn't figure out why my sims keep complaining that they cannot find their way to the 3rd floor.

Ohh, wow I saw this pic and thought you'd gotten it to work like that... ::slapforehead:: I've been struggling with getting it to work all day!
In the Arena
retired moderator
#28 Old 15th Oct 2009 at 2:36 AM
hee...well, it took me a week to realize what the problem was, so don't feel bad :D

I wonder what was change to make stairs behave differently. I tried with full-height staircase too - no dice
Test Subject
#29 Old 1st Sep 2011 at 3:04 PM
ok so before anyone eats me i know this is an old thread but i was thinking y'know get out the defibrilators and wake it up again :3
i really need some help im trying to make a victorian style housey and i would really like some L shaped stairs ive googled the poop out of the technques and ive read soooo many tutorials
(including this one http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=358677
this one http://mikeinside.modthesims2.com/b...all2/index.html which is for sims2 i know but someone said the principles are the same,
and also this one one http://www.thesims3.com/contentDeta...contentId=48780 and several others) if i read any more i think my eyes may just fall out D:
i followed it to a T and get the stairs and everything right but the only time i get stuck is when i try to level out the second floor. the landing between the levels shoots up to the second floor. im not sure if i need to put a roof over before i level it or not and ive tried at least three ways of doing the walls including deleting the foundations and using half walls to straighten them out, ive even tried doing the CFE cheat at different points but nothing i do works please help im at my wits end the normal stairs make me want to vomit and im all spiral staircased out
Page 2 of 2