Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Sep 2017 at 8:25 PM
Default What would be the best birthday celebration to you.
As I'm approaching 30, which is a famed age where your trust lies with peers and is the end of that youthful period of inexperience.

But if you must be dragged kicking and screaming, do you have plans for a party to celebrate your milestone?

This year, you're probably going to see me outside my house before relatives come having a smoke in beat up sandals, mint shorts with little gray elephants, a gamer themed T-shirt with the phrase Level 30 Complete on the shirt and a trucker cap in colorful lettering "It's my fucking birthday". Then the mini cupcake baking begins as soon as I snuff out my cigarette and realized that the birthday girl should have a hand in her big day.

I go into the kitchen. There are about 3 30 egg cartons, all egg cups filled. There are a large amount of cake mixes and bottle of vegetable oil. All this on the spacious counter. I slapped on an apron that belonged to my eldest uncle and began whisking the eggs, oil and water together with each mix and doled out suitable portions into the 48 cavity mini cupcake pan. As each batch was completed, we cooled them and some how, aunt Fran and Uncle Joe come bearing a check to help with my life and a box of snacks as Uncle Joe is the head delivery driver for a local snack food brand. My mother stops to eat the horseradish flavored chips. As we continue, my grandfather and Grandma Barb come, give me a check and I continue on until we're left with two boxes: Angel Food Cake and Devil's Food Cake. By this time, uncle Chip and Aunt Luanne come by and give me my check, which is extremely generous. I make sure to thank them. After the Angel and Devil cakes are done...In the hearth room I hear two ripping noises, the first is of plastic frosting lids and then the safety foil.

As soon as everyone is settled, the heart shaped cake is brought out, the obligatory "Happy Birthday" is sung and after being deep in thought, I blow out the candles and open the nice presents.

I bid everyone good night after a couple of hours of chatter and fall asleep knowing I had fun.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 10th Sep 2017 at 12:12 AM
I'm not picky on how I want to celebrate my own birthdays. I'm happy as long as there's people to celebrate with, some cake and other goodies, something good for dinner, and gifts. I'm also happy if I can have the day off work.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Sep 2017 at 2:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
I'm not picky on how I want to celebrate my own birthdays. I'm happy as long as there's people to celebrate with, some cake and other goodies, something good for dinner, and gifts. I'm also happy if I can have the day off work.

Actually, that was a poetic waxing of how I feel sometimes during these celebrations: a feeling worthy of a short story from a slice of life story compilation that wouldn't sugar coat it: You must take the life given to you and forge the path forward.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Test Subject
#4 Old 13th Sep 2017 at 11:15 PM
I would hate a party, even if I knew enough people or had enough friends to have a party my social anxiety and general awkwardness would get in the way. I'm turning 25 in November and I've told my boyfriend I'd like to go away somewhere for the weekend. I always book my birthday off work, last year was spent by myself until the evening which was quite lonely. Ideally I'd love to go to Disneyland Paris (massive massive longshot, practically impossible due to the expense) but I'd be happy with going to a different town/city, having a surprise tour/show/event and a lovely meal with my boyfriend. Fingers crossed...