Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Aug 2007 at 11:36 PM Last edited by poplers : 12th Aug 2007 at 4:01 AM.
Default Tutorial!! Build a Tunnel in a Hill
Well, this is a rough tutorial, and I'll refine it when I have the time, here you go, how to: build a tunnel in a hill!

Assuming you have the correct content (I.E. terrain floor tiles, anything else)

1.Build a 1st floor dummy level (4 clicks high) on top of the 1st level, make another dummy level, but have a section jutting out, that will be the entranceway to the tunnel.

2.Go down to the ground level, now, where the center of your mountain is is going to be 12 clicks tall (not including the 2nd dummy level, which will then make it 16). So go to the middle of the ground and click down 12 times.

3.Now, go to the surrounding squares directly touching the recently touched floor tiles and go down 8 clicks, then move one more row away, 4 clicks down.

4.Okay, you've got your foundation layed (sp? :P) out, now, with the up clicky tool, go around (not in a pattern) and click to your heart's desire, once happy with the up clicking result, locate the 12 click down squares, and flatten them once more, down click those squares and go up one floor.

5.On the 1st floor, flatten it all out EXCEPT for the 12-clicked down space, once done, go one more floor up, it should have a dip where the 12 clicked squares are located below. Flatten the 2nd floor out.

6.Go to the ground level, flatten that out, return to your top dummy level, it should be 12+ clicks higher, right? If not, redo it all :P.

7.On the space jutting out on the 2nd floor, it should be draped over the 1st dummy level and should still be 4 clicks high (even if slanted) flatten that out, and remove the wall on the edge of the 'mountain' on both the 1st dummy level and the second, you know have your entrance to your tunnel, and the tunnel itself.

And we're done, before leveling out the floors, put some trees and shrubs on the floor, with the cheat moveobjects on
Here's the finished result ;o

The tunnel is barely visible, but still useable, and the 'hill' actually looks somewhat real!

I hope this helps. ;p
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 12th Aug 2007 at 7:04 AM
Thanks, poplers

You know a site allowing re-upload of free build/buy stuff in lots ? Help us to update the list !

* Plus j'échoue plus je m'approche de la réussite
* The more I fail the more I approach the success

(Lao patul MMVI AD)
Mad Poster
#3 Old 12th Aug 2007 at 7:45 AM
Instructor
#4 Old 12th Aug 2007 at 4:30 PM
Great tutorial. Thank's poplers.
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 12th Aug 2007 at 7:15 PM
You're welcome GS, Niol, and Patul!
Test Subject
#6 Old 28th Sep 2009 at 12:22 PM
wow look at this Attention! This thread has not had a reply for over 25 months. its like everyone is very good at this game
Test Subject
#7 Old 18th Mar 2010 at 10:20 AM
Great tutorial, many thanks. Shame more peeps don't appreciate the hard work you've put into this
Field Researcher
#8 Old 10th Mar 2011 at 1:04 PM
It looks like that this is possible with GridAdjuster too!
It may have better results as the walls can be pushed entirely into the ground!
Site Helper
#9 Old 10th Mar 2011 at 5:44 PM Last edited by Mootilda : 10th Mar 2011 at 11:16 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by MAB-2000
It looks like that this is possible with GridAdjuster too!
It may have better results as the walls can be pushed entirely into the ground!
Have you actually tried this? It's not clear that sims can travel through invisible tiles. Interesting research project; I've been considering trying something like this with the GridAdjuster.
Test Subject
#10 Old 30th Apr 2011 at 6:39 AM
ha that's awesome!
Test Subject
#11 Old 21st Nov 2011 at 9:19 PM
Can someone make a video tutorial for this please because im not the best at doing written tutorials