Welcome to
Mod The Sims
Online: 1119
News:
Have an account? Sign in:
pass:
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Reply  Replies: 14982 (Who?), Viewed: 337102 times.
Search this Thread
Old 11th Jul 2018, 12:44 AM #14476
joandsarah77
Needs Coffee

26 Achievements

View My Journal

Due to it being both the SW and the nanny I would look more to mods to do with babies-toddlers-children. Adoption type mods since the game might consider creating an adopted child the same as creating a townie.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Old 11th Jul 2018, 12:52 AM #14477
OnayaW
Instructor

4 Achievements

@joandsarah77
Well then i’ll Have to look through tomorrow. It’s a recent problem so it must be a newer mod :/
But the only child related mods I can on the top of my head is the YA mods (which I should move over in another folder as I don’t play university as so :/ - idk if It’s only me but university gets really freaking boring really fast :/)

I build small houses *^*
Old 11th Jul 2018, 1:12 AM #14478
Phantomknight
Instructor

1 Achievements

The only error I know of is one I used to get about the nanny controller. But, @OnayaW, try recreating the error with testing cheats on and let the game produce an error log. That may help figure out what's causing the problem.

"Enjoy the moment with all your might, whether it’s gloomy, whether it’s bright!"
Also known as Kelyns but you can call me KB.
Bored? Read the legacy I'll probably never finish.
Old 11th Jul 2018, 1:49 AM #14479
Peni Griffin
Mad Poster

12 Achievements

It doesn't have to be related in any "reasonable" way to the thing that's breaking in order to affect it. It could also be a new mod and an old mod interfering with each other even though they have no "logical" relationship to each other; and they may only conflict when they load in a certain order, or even on certain kinds of systems. This game is sufficiently complex that chaos theory applies.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Old 11th Jul 2018, 2:05 AM #14480
kestrellyn
Space Pony

6 Achievements

Have you run HCDU yet?
Old 11th Jul 2018, 3:15 AM #14481
MattieOReilly
Field Researcher

3 Achievements

@OnayaW

Are you trying to adopt a child when the social worker glitches out? Adopted children are created *from* two random townies as parents for the face/genetics. So if you have no townies it will error.

As for the nanny, what is the animation problem? If it's that it's playing an animation for the third time, you can just cancel that one without any problems, you don't need to reset the nanny. She's probably just doing and idle bouncing the toddler on her hip, or the baby in her arms.
Old 11th Jul 2018, 8:42 AM #14482
OnayaW
Instructor

4 Achievements

I tried cancelling but it pops up with the same question

Anyway, there is plenty of townies - mainly bc Paul - a sim I have - is woohooing them all. The Nanny was a one time problem and I found out why.

She had kicked the flamingo even though I have a mod there should prevent that.

Anyway, for the social service - if it can’t generate a baby from two townies I may go to my second solution.
Take a couple from the bin, make the woman pregnant, let her give birth and then kill the parents. It doesn’t seem to have problem creating children though (mainly bc there is such townies). Only babies which is what my nearly elderly couple wants :/ but I can just drop it.
They’ve already got plenty of children and teens in their hands.

I build small houses *^*
Old 11th Jul 2018, 5:36 PM #14483
DJ.
Scholar

6 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pideli
Will a HydroBot actually water seasons plants? I've never seen a HydroBot water any plants, let alone seasons plants.
Not sure for regular build mode plants, but Hydrobots definitely don't water seasons plants. That's the only thing I wanted them to do when I made them, and they failed. Sigh...

Felicity Island! :D
"When people put their mind to things, when people are inspired, when people are motivated; anything is possible. I saw a naked woman riding a giant telephone." -nicepeter
Old 11th Jul 2018, 7:08 PM #14484
didyouevenmakeasound
Field Researcher

How do you change the age in SimPE? I want to make my CAS sim suitably middle aged, and I have a super long age length span mod so Sim Manip does not work well. I want to get my sim about halfway through the 'days left' thingy.

You can do it this way, right?
Old 11th Jul 2018, 7:23 PM #14485
Peni Griffin
Mad Poster

12 Achievements

In the character data, there's an "overview" tab. One of the fields is "days left." Change that to the number you want, commit, save, and you're done.

The age bar may not tell you the right number of days to the next birthday anymore, because it was designed for the vanilla days left and this method does nothing to change that. But you'll notice it doesn't advance, either, until the days count down to a number it can handle, and then it will be accurate.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Old 11th Jul 2018, 7:33 PM #14486
mdsb759
Theorist

Quote:
Originally Posted by joandsarah77
@mdsb759 you want the college adjuster.
I was thinking for all Young Adults, not just individual ones.
Old 11th Jul 2018, 8:46 PM #14487
Sunrader
Instructor

1 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunrader
If I make a career with Bidou's and choose NONE for the vehicle, will sims need to walk? Or... how will they know it's time to go to work? I'd like them to need to walk.

Does anyone have an answer to this earlier question?

Also, please bear with me, I've asked this elsewhere but not gotten a response after some time. I'm having trouble with julsfels OMSP controller resetting every time I leave the lot. I don't *think* it was doing that when I first used it. Can anyone tell me where I should look for the cause? It's very annoying. There are quite a lot of OMSPs on some of these lots.
Old 11th Jul 2018, 8:54 PM #14488
Bulbizarre
Mad Poster

5 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primavera
By restarting, do you mean exit out and open it up again @Bulbizarre?

Yeah. I should test it again but I noticed SimPE's memory usage gradually increasing the more files I opened up with it. I suspect it may not be clearing itself.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

My memory is poor, so please take anything I say with a grain of salt. | Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives | Check out my website!
Old 11th Jul 2018, 9:01 PM #14489
mdsb759
Theorist

about career; one way to find out might be to test it in game.
or some chance of similar careers at various sites. if so, might download them and check the programming of those.
Old 12th Jul 2018, 12:02 AM #14490
bloopertrooper
Test Subject

what do you think would happen to the economy of the sims world? i think massive inflation, mainly due to the cheats, just huge amounts of money popping up randomly here and there in the world....
Old 12th Jul 2018, 4:09 AM #14491
Sunrader
Instructor

1 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsb759
about career; one way to find out might be to test it in game.
or some chance of similar careers at various sites. if so, might download them and check the programming of those.

Well, I was hoping that it was a stupid/random enough question that someone knew, but... I tested in the game and, yes, they walk, no, they are not reminded. So, good if you want your sim to be late to work a lot. Pretty good for my working poor "careers."
Old 12th Jul 2018, 4:57 AM #14492
Primavera
Instructor

4 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunrader
Well, I was hoping that it was a stupid/random enough question that someone knew, but... I tested in the game and, yes, they walk, no, they are not reminded. So, good if you want your sim to be late to work a lot. Pretty good for my working poor "careers."

So does this mean I can finally get rid of the carpool :O? I always wanted to make my sims walk to work and pretend they're taking public transit.

what_makes_you_haha.mp3

Old 12th Jul 2018, 5:38 AM #14493
Sunrader
Instructor

1 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primavera
So does this mean I can finally get rid of the carpool :O? I always wanted to make my sims walk to work and pretend they're taking public transit.

I was editing a career in Bidou's and just picked the none option, so without a mod, you could do it that way.
Last edited by Sunrader : 12th Jul 2018 at 12:48 PM.
Old 12th Jul 2018, 5:56 AM #14494
JDacapo
Alchemist

Did the mod to correct the "Suave Sage Staingobbler" carpet ever exist? I mean... I remember something about it existing, and in fact seeing something about it on this site. It showed the uncorrected tiles with the red stripes, and then the corrected tiles that looked much better. So... was I dreaming or something?

EDIT: I WASN'T dreaming! "Suave Sage Carpet Fix" http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/showthread.php?tid=3307

Here's the fix - No wonder I couldn't find it here - it's on Leefish! So frustrating though, since I was racking my brain searching for it on google!
Last edited by JDacapo : 12th Jul 2018 at 6:14 AM.
Old 12th Jul 2018, 10:47 AM #14495
ConsoC
Lab Assistant

Ok, an accessory conversion gone wrong has left me with this going on, I'll try to be as detailed as I can:
When in Body Shop I choose a specific pair of sunglasses - notice that it doesn't seem to happen with the others, Body Shop either crahses or hangs.
It doesn't seem to happen in the game, I can choose that pair of sunglasses both in CAS and mirror and everything seems to be fine. I tried to create a new game folder (the one with neigbhorhoods, downloads, etcetera) and Bodyshop works fine that way, so it's something that has to deal with that specific file, possibly the mesh? What's the best way to deal with this problem?

Slowly moving steps into basic TS2 modding.
I will occasionally post my stuff at spicyplumbobs.wordpress.com, hopefully it's good.
Old 12th Jul 2018, 1:47 PM #14496
Bulbizarre
Mad Poster

5 Achievements

I've had the same thing happen. Is it CC?

My memory is poor, so please take anything I say with a grain of salt. | Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives | Check out my website!
Old 12th Jul 2018, 3:29 PM #14497
ConsoC
Lab Assistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulbizarre
I've had the same thing happen. Is it CC?

I followed this tutorial:
https://hermit-fox.livejournal.com/1495.html
To convert a piece of TS3 CC to TS2. The base mesh was from base game sunglasses, I think the same pair used in the tutorial itself.
I probably messed up something in the mesh replacement phase, the rest was pretty much exporting work.
How did you fix it? If it was CC you probably had to just fix the corrupted mesh, but in my case? Doesn't seem to depend on the game files either.

I will occasionally post my stuff at spicyplumbobs.wordpress.com, hopefully it's good.
Old 12th Jul 2018, 6:02 PM #14498
Bubblebeam
Scholar

12 Achievements

SimPE question. I'm suddenly unable to drag and drop packages into the program. I can't find a setting for it and have already tried the task manager > explorer.exe kill method. Is there anything else I could try?

Personal downloads archived at Wordpress.
Old 12th Jul 2018, 6:18 PM #14499
Bulbizarre
Mad Poster

5 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConsoC
I followed this tutorial:
https://hermit-fox.livejournal.com/1495.html
To convert a piece of TS3 CC to TS2. The base mesh was from base game sunglasses, I think the same pair used in the tutorial itself.
I probably messed up something in the mesh replacement phase, the rest was pretty much exporting work.
How did you fix it? If it was CC you probably had to just fix the corrupted mesh, but in my case? Doesn't seem to depend on the game files either.

I think I just deleted it. Perhaps you'd have better luck asking over in the creation forum.

Old 12th Jul 2018, 9:10 PM #14500
ConsoC
Lab Assistant

I ended up fixing it, in a brutal way but that worked so I don't complain:
I backed up all the sensible folders like Cameras, Collections, Downloads, Neighborhoods, SavedSims etcetera and then deleted everything. Running the game recreated the files and once everything was done I replaced the folders I had backed up and it seems it fixed itself. I don't know what was the cause, but this method worked.

Section jump: