Welcome to
Mod The Sims
Online: 1680
News:
Have an account? Sign in:
pass:
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Reply  Replies: 16751 (Who?), Viewed: 384337 times.
Search this Thread
Old 9th Jul 2018, 9:54 PM #14451
Sunrader
Forum Resident

1 Achievements

Some modders label these motive tuning thingys, but many don't. When they don't, how can I tell what they refer to? Is there a standard order or are these numbers always assigned to the same motives? I feel like maybe they are?

Quote:
Originally Posted by natbsim75
Sunrader and Bulbizarre, thank you for your response! ...
Anyways, I think I'll try it. I haven't got any new hacks or cc recently so I will know the "culprit" if something goes wrong. And I will back up first!

I was curious, so I opened the package files for InTeen's AL - UC version A-F. I could have missed it, or it may be in other versions, but I did not see this BHAV in any of those files. Hopefully, there won't be any trouble. Back up and let us know how it goes.
Old 9th Jul 2018, 10:04 PM #14452
mdsb759
Theorist

about BCON lines; when the BCON is unlabeled, sometimes BHAVs of same group could tell what the lines are.
Old 10th Jul 2018, 4:13 AM #14453
Charity
Mad Poster

14 Achievements

Yeah, unlabelled BCONs are a PITA.
Old 10th Jul 2018, 6:26 AM #14454
Primavera
Instructor

5 Achievements

Is there any other way to stop SimPE from giving me the System.OutofMemoryException prompt? I already cleared the cache (through the Preferences tab) but it still shows up. I'm trying to bundle some clothes I downloaded but it's not letting me, and I never had this problem before.

what_makes_you_haha.mp3

SFS uploads

Old 10th Jul 2018, 8:08 AM #14455
Pideli
Instructor

7 Achievements

Will a HydroBot actually water seasons plants? I've never seen a HydroBot water any plants, let alone seasons plants. It's just sitting there, letting them wither.

Looks like all robots are worthless except the servo XD
Inb4, yes I've turned them on lol.
Old 10th Jul 2018, 9:45 AM #14456
Bulbizarre
Mad Poster

5 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primavera
Is there any other way to stop SimPE from giving me the System.OutofMemoryException prompt? I already cleared the cache (through the Preferences tab) but it still shows up. I'm trying to bundle some clothes I downloaded but it's not letting me, and I never had this problem before.

The only thing I found to do is to restart it every so often.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

If you have any questions about YOPD, feel free to PM me. | Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives | Welcome to Oakbrook.
Old 10th Jul 2018, 10:07 AM #14457
DrewInTheSky
Field Researcher

Hi there! I've finally decided to learn how to make recolors (thanks to Shasta's amazing GIMP tutorial) but I'm still struggling after editing the package.
At the moment I'm saving the same PNG base in different colors (since I'm using some palettes) but I was wondering:
1- Do I need to create a new recolor from the object workshop every time I want to create a new one?
2- Is there any way I can duplicate the one I'm using as base?
3- Can I merge several recolors in one package?
Thanks in advance for the help
Old 10th Jul 2018, 10:54 AM #14458
Bubblebeam
Scholar

12 Achievements

I've noticed while using Delphy's Organiser that it'll often scan and say for example, '168 packages removed'. While I have been doing a thorough cleanup of CC, there's no way I've been deleting in the masses it says. I'm curious what's going on there?

Moved to Tumblr.
Truth will not fear scrutiny.
Old 10th Jul 2018, 11:03 AM #14459
clsve
Lab Assistant

2 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by *_Drew~
1- Do I need to create a new recolor from the object workshop every time I want to create a new one?
2- Is there any way I can duplicate the one I'm using as base?
3- Can I merge several recolors in one package?
Thanks in advance for the help

I assume you ask about recolor of Objects since recolors of Clothing use a different method.
1, 2, Since you need unique names for Matertial Definitions (TXTM), Texture Images (TXTR) and Material Overrides (MMAT) there is no point to copy recolor-packages. Instead make your recolors one after another in Object Wokshop. Name them rec1, rec2,rec3 etc It saves you time.
3. It's possible but people rarely do. If you want to remove one you removes all.
Old 10th Jul 2018, 11:11 AM #14460
DrewInTheSky
Field Researcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by clsve
I assume you ask about recolor of Objects since recolors of Clothing use a different method.
1, 2, Since you need unique names for Matertial Definitions (TXTM), Texture Images (TXTR) and Material Overrides (MMAT) there is no point to copy recolor-packages. Instead make your recolors one after another in Object Wokshop. Name them rec1, rec2,rec3 etc It saves you time.
3. It's possible but people rarely do. If you want to remove one you removes all.

Yes, I meant objects recolors.
So first create the recolors, then replace the textures.
I thought it might have been space saving, but I guess it's better having multiple packages (I'm also planning to share them, so it would make sense like this).
Thank you so much for the help
Old 10th Jul 2018, 11:38 AM #14461
clsve
Lab Assistant

2 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblebeam
I've noticed while using Delphy's Organiser that it'll often scan and say for example, '168 packages removed'. While I have been doing a thorough cleanup of CC, there's no way I've been deleting in the masses it says. I'm curious what's going on there?

DDO scans it's data base and compares it with you Downloads folder. Every file that isn't found where the data base says is reported as removed (and removed from the data base, not from Downloads). You have to do a Full Re-scan of Folder every time you make changes to your Downloads Folder, e.g. move files to subfolders.
Old 10th Jul 2018, 7:53 PM #14462
mdsb759
Theorist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charity
Yeah, unlabelled BCONs are a PITA.
what is PITA?
Old 10th Jul 2018, 8:01 PM #14463
Yvelotic2001
Field Researcher

5 Achievements

@mdsb759 PITA stands for Pain In The Ass

Admit it, Milotic is beautiful.
My C:Simblr!
Old 10th Jul 2018, 9:43 PM #14464
complexion
Test Subject

1 Achievements

If i download a mod to shorten the uni span will it affect current uni students or no? (I feel like the obvious answer would be yes but then I'm not sure lol)
Old 10th Jul 2018, 9:53 PM #14465
iCad
Undead Molten Llama

27 Achievements

View My Journal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primavera

Use CFF Explorer to make the EXE for SimPE Large Address Aware (AKA, make it use 4GB of memory rather than 2). It's an old program, so it's not Large Address Aware by default. It's the same process as patching the game to use 4GB of memory, only you do it to the SimPE EXE rather than the game EXE. If you've not used CFF Explorer, here's an easy, picture-heavy tute for patching TS2 but, like I said, just do it to the SimPE EXE rather than the TS2 one: https://lifasims.livejournal.com/3738.html

I still get an out of memory error on occasion, but only when I've been using SimPE for like 8 hours without a break to retexture hair, which involves large, memory-eating files.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Old 10th Jul 2018, 9:54 PM #14466
mdsb759
Theorist

Quote:
Originally Posted by complexion
If i download a mod to shorten the uni span will it affect current uni students or no? (I feel like the obvious answer would be yes but then I'm not sure lol)
awhile ago I created a mod that changed semester length. time left (in current semester) remained the same for already created Young Adults. though I made the semesters longer; not sure what would happen with shorter semesters.
Old 10th Jul 2018, 11:00 PM #14467
yavannatw
Scholar

11 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by complexion

I'm pretty sure it does (I haven't played much since downloading). I downloaded a mod which shortened both the time in each semester and the number of semesters and it did affect the current students I played, so that if they had had four semesters to complete they now only had two, for example.
Old 10th Jul 2018, 11:05 PM #14468
mdsb759
Theorist

semester finals; can the length of them be changed?
Old 10th Jul 2018, 11:17 PM #14469
Phantomknight
Forum Resident

1 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsb759
semester finals; can the length of them be changed?

I think so; I feel like I came across a mod that did so, but I'll have to look for it.

"Enjoy the moment with all your might, whether it’s gloomy, whether it’s bright!"
Also known as Kelyns but you can call me KB.
Bored? Read the legacy I'll probably never finish.
Old 10th Jul 2018, 11:22 PM #14470
complexion
Test Subject

1 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yavannatw
I'm pretty sure it does (I haven't played much since downloading). I downloaded a mod which shortened both the time in each semester and the number of semesters and it did affect the current students I played, so that if they had had four semesters to complete they now only had two, for example.

thank you!
Old 10th Jul 2018, 11:51 PM #14471
Primavera
Instructor

5 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulbizarre
The only thing I found to do is to restart it every so often.

By restarting, do you mean exit out and open it up again @Bulbizarre?

what_makes_you_haha.mp3

SFS uploads

Old 11th Jul 2018, 12:06 AM #14472
OnayaW
Instructor

4 Achievements

I’ve currently been forced to save my game more often lately due to I’ve tried the social worker and the nanny having animations issues that I need to “reset”
It’s okay with the nanny since she stays on the lot but the social worker don’t :/
I’ve been worried if this is a sign of curroption or just my pc having a hard time driving the game?

I do hoodchecker more or less after every rotation I do.

I build small houses *^*
Old 11th Jul 2018, 12:11 AM #14473
Sunrader
Forum Resident

1 Achievements

If I make a career with Bidou's and choose NONE for the vehicle, will sims need to walk? Or... how will they know it's time to go to work? I'd like them to need to walk.
Old 11th Jul 2018, 12:27 AM #14474
joandsarah77
Needs Coffee

29 Achievements

View My Journal

@OnayaW more likely to be a mod conflict.

@mdsb759 you want the college adjuster.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Old 11th Jul 2018, 1:40 AM #14475
OnayaW
Instructor

4 Achievements

@joandsarah77 I just don’t understand which mod.
For the social worker it said it can’t generate a random townie
But I have no mod there has anything to do with townies
Neither do I have anything to do with service workers
I have a few mods there have something to do with behavior (ACR, don’t kick trashcan, etc but nothing to change behavior of service workers and so)

I build small houses *^*

Section jump: