Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Apr 2024 at 10:33 AM
Default Is it save to change carpool driver names via simpe?
Hello everyone,
as the title says, I'd like to change the lastname of the carpool drivers with SimPE for example Lisa Smith to Lisa Carpool Driver.
Is it save to do so? Does anybody know if changing their names can cause neighborhood corruption?

Thank you!
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 5th Apr 2024 at 12:55 PM
Yes it's safe to do so; all of mine are called Laurie Driver or somesuch silly name.
The way I did mine was to pause the game and rename them with the batbox (FFS Debugger from Moreawesomethanyou);or you could use another mod such as Simblender.
Forum Resident
#3 Old 5th Apr 2024 at 9:18 PM
Perfectly safe. I've got mine using automotive-related names (Mercedes Benz, Ginnie Mack, Bob Bentley and Nikki Ford). I may make the latter two even more auto-fied.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 5th Apr 2024 at 10:22 PM
Thank you very much for helping me! It's good to know, that re-naming them doesn't do any harm.
I have another question about the animal controll officer (the sim who brings or takes a pet). I read he/she is a safe npc, but I have had no luck changing his appearance via gussy up. I don't like his hairstyle and haircolor, I don't care about genetics, it's just the looks^^ is there another (safe) way to change his hairstyle/color? I also have simblender and the batbox. English is not my first language so i was a bit afraid of try and error ^^
Mad Poster
#5 Old 6th Apr 2024 at 7:27 AM
I think you could summon him to the lot using sim blender under the option called "Teleport".

What happened when you tried to use Gussy Up? Is it just that he left the lot before the "Change Appearance" window appeared? If that is what happened, the Teleport option should work.

If Gussy Up seemed to work, as in the window appeared, but the changes did not stick, then I am not so sure.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Mad Poster
#6 Old 6th Apr 2024 at 7:33 AM
Do they wear a hat? If so, the hairstyle is probably part of the NPC uniform, and changing the specific sim's hairstyle won't have any effect on it, and you'd need something that mods the NPC uniform.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 6th Apr 2024 at 7:58 AM
They don't have a hat.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 6th Apr 2024 at 12:18 PM
Hello, thank you so much for all your suggestions!
it's like @simsfreq said: The busy dude leaves the lot before the window appears^^
I will try "teleport" and report back. Thank you, everyone <3
Mad Poster
#9 Old 6th Apr 2024 at 1:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
Do they wear a hat? If so, the hairstyle is probably part of the NPC uniform, and changing the specific sim's hairstyle won't have any effect on it, and you'd need something that mods the NPC uniform.

The DJ's mullet is also part of his uniform. If you change his clothes using Manipulator/Blender, he has a diffferent hairstyle.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 6th Apr 2024 at 4:19 PM
I used teleport and it worked! Thank you very much <3

@Bulbizarre
but only if he's male, right? because I have a female dj and i can change her hairstyle without changing her clothes.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 6th Apr 2024 at 4:43 PM
I'm not even sure there's a mullet for females, lol.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#12 Old 6th Apr 2024 at 5:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
I'm not even sure there's a mullet for females, lol.

Someone will have done it lol, but I'm too lazy to check.