Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Feb 2005 at 9:43 PM
Default Big problem with my table again ;) (really big hehe)
Hi there,

finally got my other problem sorted out.
After starting the game to try the table out I got this baby:

What has happened? ... the model was the right size.

I have the newest program versions.

... and yes it IS Funny
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 20th Feb 2005 at 10:11 PM
well the good news is they have plenty of counter space ...lmao ....*stifles laughter* ...ok I'm sorry ..I'll try to keep it down to a low snicker.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 21st Feb 2005 at 12:07 AM
I think someone needs to make some high chairs for your adult sims...lol
Test Subject
#4 Old 21st Feb 2005 at 12:49 AM
Did you use scale to get the size right? and if you did, did you scale on object level? I don't know how scaling is handled when we convert files to use in the game, but I know that usually when modelling scaling on object level can be tricky buisness, instead you should try scaling on polygon- or vertex level. this is the only thing I could think of i hope it helped
DivaDice29
Alchemist
#5 Old 21st Feb 2005 at 1:16 AM
Nice job on the table (really).
During your editing process, the table was (obviously) scaled too large.
The cure is easy.
You didn't mention what you edited with, but pretty much all the 3D graphic editors have some means that you can check the overall size (probably called bounding box) of the object with.
The units used in the Sims2 are smaller than a lot of other games. I imported models before that I downloaded from here and there that were similarly proportioned.
A single tile in the game measures 1.2 units square. An object that is centered on a tile and filled it (like the Missink Link topiary) would then be fron -0.6 to +0.6 units wide and -0.6 to +0.6 units deep. The top of a wall in the game is right at 3.0 units high.
By units here, I mean the value of the numbers used for the vertex coordinates.
I believe the actual scale used is 1.0 units equals 1.0 meters.
If that is supposed to be a 2 tile table, rescale it to either 2.4 long or 1.2 wide, whichever fits with no overlap.
<* Wes *>

If you like to say what you think, be sure you know which to do first.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 21st Feb 2005 at 2:55 PM
Hiya,
Thanks for answering.

I imported the original maxis table and scaled my one down to that size.

I like wes_h's idea better. I have no clue where to look this overall size up, I havn't used carrara (my 3d prog) for years now.

Maybe I should try to import the mesh with the mesh editor again? Someone told me yesterday that models can crash during this progress.
-J
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 21st Feb 2005 at 10:25 PM
can sims walk under it,or can it be made so they can? if so it is a damnably useful item for garages or shelters in parks (with recolouring of course)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 22nd Feb 2005 at 1:19 PM
Hiya there,

I havn't tried that - but I'd guess that sims can't cause it's a normal table just *big*.

@ wes_h

after searching for that option up and down carrara, I'm more confused as I already am.

I could try importing the maxis table without auto resize... do you mean that by vertex unit?

*runsawaytomakepics*

-J
Test Subject
#9 Old 22nd Feb 2005 at 1:33 PM
Did they try and sit their food on there?
Alchemist
#10 Old 22nd Feb 2005 at 4:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by 80trips
Hiya there,

I havn't tried that - but I'd guess that sims can't cause it's a normal table just *big*.

@ wes_h

after searching for that option up and down carrara, I'm more confused as I already am.

I could try importing the maxis table without auto resize... do you mean that by vertex unit?

*runsawaytomakepics*

-J

The auto-resize is probably where the problem came from in the first place. As I mentioned before, a lot of games use bigger numbers for models than are used in the Sims 2. Scaling makes all these measurement numbers bigger and smaller. I can offer no specific help to you for Carrara, though. There's probably a way, but I don't have that program here.
<* Wes *>

If you like to say what you think, be sure you know which to do first.
Test Subject
#11 Old 23rd Feb 2005 at 2:52 PM
LOL! You could literally have a HUGE dinner party