Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#26 Old 27th May 2009 at 11:12 AM
Ok tnx for INFO but i have question ?

Did after this can normaly download again ?, thats sucks, in one sims too website i cant downlaod anymore i have 410 - Gone errors, buts thats file isnt delated.
Advertisement
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#27 Old 27th May 2009 at 12:13 PM
spike: Have a look in the thread about the crash on chii - there is a missing files list there. Go through all the threads and any that have the banner need replacing.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Field Researcher
#28 Old 27th May 2009 at 1:44 PM
Default Just saying thanks
First, Thank you for the info.
Second, Happy Birthday Simkiyotea! Here's to hoping it's great !!
Test Subject
#29 Old 27th May 2009 at 4:16 PM
I not excellent am English , I have tried to translate already please but still translate don't go out .........i can not load on the contrary

Delphy
I am misunderstand ?? empty , you will resign or the website will close or move domain , or what , I translate to don't go out , sad really

thank you for try to read >o<
Site Helper
#30 Old 27th May 2009 at 4:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by whiterider

Ghost, the lack of email is deliberate (it murdered the server). As far as I know that won't change, though I could be wrong.

That's good to know.

Jaida: The website is not closing. When he finishes you will be able to get to it the same way that you did before. He is just moving to different servers. (Computers) Do you understand now?

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#31 Old 27th May 2009 at 4:30 PM
Actually, technically I'm not moving it to different servers, I'm getting the actual servers moved to a different part of the datacenter, where there is more room so that I can add more servers.

Test Subject
#32 Old 27th May 2009 at 4:41 PM
Thanks for informing!!!
I hope during these days will have time to make even more creations and when everything is back i will enjoy downloading a lot of new awesome thing!!Teeheee=D
Site Helper
#33 Old 27th May 2009 at 5:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Delphy
Actually, technically I'm not moving it to different servers, I'm getting the actual servers moved to a different part of the datacenter, where there is more room so that I can add more servers.

And I thought I was being too literal minded when the term "server migration" caused me to momentarily imagine computers growing wheels and rolling down the hall!

I just hope it isn't these guys that are moving them.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Test Subject
#34 Old 27th May 2009 at 6:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Delphy
spike: Have a look in the thread about the crash on chii - there is a missing files list there. Go through all the threads and any that have the banner need replacing.

Hi, Delphy - Not having any luck getting to the missing files list, I'm afraid. I keep getting the message "The connection was refused when attempting to contact chii.modthesims2.com", so I'm guessing you're right in the middle of dragging hardware around etc right now. I'll keep trying until I get a result.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#35 Old 27th May 2009 at 6:20 PM
The rate it's going, it might as well be!

Test Subject
#36 Old 27th May 2009 at 6:37 PM
I think they took wednesday. lol. First time in like a month I want to download again, SERVAR DOWN
Just my luck.
#37 Old 27th May 2009 at 6:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
And I thought I was being too literal minded when the term "server migration" caused me to momentarily imagine computers growing wheels and rolling down the hall!
LITERALLY Laughing Out Loud! This`n`s a HOOT! Thanks, Ghost!

...and thank YOU, Delphy!

This Space Intentionally Left Blank
Test Subject
#39 Old 27th May 2009 at 7:36 PM
MTS2: That's my question.. Do we have any kind of.. time frame when it would possibly be back up? (It, obviously, doesn't have to be a deffinite time, just a prediction..)
*wanders off to take nap in hopes it'll be back up soon* <3
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#40 Old 28th May 2009 at 4:15 AM
Okay, all of the servers have been moved to the new switch, and setup with new IP addresses.

Currently, Linna (half of www, shared with Nene) is not responding to ssh, but otherwise, the other 5 servers (db, nene, thumbs, chii and static) are all up and running perfectly ok.

Now that the servers have all been physically migrated, I can get the second database server provisioned and setup, which hopefully will happen in the next few days.

Field Researcher
#41 Old 28th May 2009 at 4:19 AM Last edited by ClicknPsycho : 28th May 2009 at 4:31 AM. Reason: I exaggerated alot/some
My thoughts...........
You are indeed awesomeness Delphy.
Take all the time you need, and thank you for everything.

I'ts actually been strange having to spend quality time with my family, and not here. lol
Just lets not make a habit of this, ok? 'place cheesy laugh here'

Again REALLY, thank you.

EDIT: I have noticed some join dates lately saying joined 1969 or 1970, I know this site has been around a while, but.............

ClicknPsycho
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#42 Old 28th May 2009 at 4:24 AM
Join Dates of 1970 are people migrated over from S2C.

Lab Assistant
#43 Old 28th May 2009 at 4:28 AM
Oh. Makes sense. I thought there was some kinda crash til I read this

♪☺♥ ░▒▓~* MIKOROX *~ ▓▒░♥☺♪
Have you destroyed a paysite today?
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 28th May 2009 at 5:24 AM
Trying to upload... but I keep getting the "there seems to have been a slight problem with the database" message even though the announcement says that uploads should be okay.

Me Englisch nicht verstehen. Let's speak dance!
I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#45 Old 28th May 2009 at 9:51 AM
bruno: Uploads should be fixed now.

Also, Linna is back online.

Lab Assistant
#46 Old 28th May 2009 at 10:08 AM
Woo! Thank you Delphy! *goes to upload*

Me Englisch nicht verstehen. Let's speak dance!
I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Test Subject
#47 Old 28th May 2009 at 2:02 PM
So glad MTS2 is back! I don't know how I survived this wait.

Slightly off-topic. I noticed SexySims2 is down still, I keep getting 500 Internal Error. Is this connected with the server migration somehow? Because the downloads/thumbnails there were down the same time they were down here so I assumed these two were on the same servers. But MTS2 works and SS2 doesn't. Oh and when I try to reach SS2 through the MTSN link from the top of the page, it says the user hasn't registered so there is no profile to display :O
Site Helper
#48 Old 28th May 2009 at 2:34 PM
Thank you!

(Giving Delphy a nice comfy chair to relax in as I wander off to get lost on MTS again.)

Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#49 Old 28th May 2009 at 3:10 PM
Evalyen: The DNS for SXS2 hasn't updated yet (it should do soon) so things are gonna be a bit wonky for a while.

Test Subject
#50 Old 28th May 2009 at 3:31 PM
thank you
Ghost sdoj,Delphy

I understand . thank you very much!
(-_-")
Page 2 of 4