Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Feb 2014 at 1:11 PM Last edited by Charity : 23rd Feb 2014 at 1:33 PM.
Default Routing Slots
I have used this tutorial, http://modthesims.info/t/387275, to add slots to an object.

The tutorial is only for decorative slots and they apparently don't need to be linked to a BHAV, but the slots I made are routing slots and I'm not sure what I need to put in my BHAV in order to have them recognised.

I have the 'go to routing slot (0x002D)' command, but I don't know what to put in the operand boxes.

Can anyone help, please?

I have looked at this tutorial too, http://modthesims.info/t/146440, but it didn't have what I needed to know.
Advertisement
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#2 Old 22nd Feb 2014 at 12:10 AM
If I recall correctly, it's the order in the SLOT file starting with zero for each type.

So if your SLOT file has
Container
Container
Routing
Routing
Container

You would use Literal 0x0 for the first routing slot and Literal 0x1 for the second routing slot.
Likewise, Literal 0x0 for the first container slot, Literal 0x1 for the container routing slot, and Literal 0x2 for the third container slot.

If I'm wrong, maybe someone will correct me.

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Feb 2014 at 12:35 AM
The problem is that my SLOT file has some slots that are for other animations, so I don't want to use them all.

And which operand boxes would you put the numbers in?
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#4 Old 22nd Feb 2014 at 1:39 AM
I'm not sure I understand your problem. You don't have to use all the slots in the SLOT file, just use the ones you want.

If I were you, I would use the Wizard. Click the little button with the tools next to the operand boxes:

You should get a little pop-up:

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 23rd Feb 2014 at 1:33 PM
The wizard worked. Thanks!