Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#16226 Old 31st Jan 2019 at 7:44 PM
*burst through newly-repaired door*

I have a new chapter that I churned out in forty minutes, whilst on the effects of the antidepressants I'm on: Chapter 1.3 - The Wedding

It's a bit of a mess, so sorry in advance D:
Advertisement
Scholar
Original Poster
#16227 Old 31st Jan 2019 at 9:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TheRealmOfRohan
So... I have a problem. I went in to my Doe save file to take pictures for my next chapter and I got that error message where "a serious problem has occurred trying to open Doe Random Legacy.sims3". I reopened the game and I got the game open, but now my entire town is basically slowly collapsing around my ears. Whenever I go to do anything with MC, two copies of every sim show up. Dylan is getting the wish to scan people like he's a plumbot. There are two versions of several different sims walking around, the game is shuffling people into random houses, and I get an Error-Trap message every five seconds or so. I reset the whole town, but that just seemed to make it worse. I managed to get all the important sims saved, but I think I'm going to have to move towns and try to come up with a story-related reason. Before I do that, I wanted to ask if anyone has any advice. I'm pretty sure I know what caused it (moving an NPC into the house, which is a slight spoiler, but oh well), but if anyone has any ideas about what I should do next (other than reroll any Hidden Heritage rolls in the future), I'd love to hear them.

That all sounds really strange... have you installed any new mods recently?

You could also try moving all the households you want to keep into a fresh version of the same town.
Lab Assistant
#16228 Old 31st Jan 2019 at 10:02 PM
I installed Overwatch after all of this happened, but that wouldn't have done anything. I've had similar issues when I move in homeless townies, and once when I moved in a sim from University.

I might do that, if I can keep the save file alive long enough to save them all.
Lab Assistant
#16229 Old 1st Feb 2019 at 4:29 AM
Thanks for the advice. I ended up moving all the key players to a clean Sunset Valley, and I managed to get the pictures for the next chapter. More details can be found after the chapter.

Chapter 2.3 - Cops and Robbers
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#16230 Old 1st Feb 2019 at 4:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TheRealmOfRohan
Thanks for the advice. I ended up moving all the key players to a clean Sunset Valley, and I managed to get the pictures for the next chapter. More details can be found after the chapter.

Chapter 2.3 - Cops and Robbers

I've got to start catching up with RLs again, but I did peek at the author note after the chapter to read more about your bug. I want to say that you're welcome to pilfer any of my sims from the Avendale Legacy (or any sims of mine you can find in general) and use them as townies or whatever. Alternate universes and all that!

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Scholar
#16231 Old 2nd Feb 2019 at 10:06 AM
Lab Assistant
#16232 Old 3rd Feb 2019 at 12:10 AM
I posted two chapters tonight. The first one is here .
Lab Assistant
#16233 Old 3rd Feb 2019 at 8:43 PM
Chapter 3.07 is out Headlines

Jettstar MTS TS3 Random Legacy Challenge

The knowledge that there is a 'Highway To Hell',
while there is only a 'Stairway To Heaven',
speaks volumes to me about anticipated traffic...
It also tells me where the better party will be...
Lab Assistant
#16234 Old 3rd Feb 2019 at 11:19 PM
Look! Another new chapter!

Chapter 2.6 - Family Matters
Lab Assistant
#16235 Old 7th Feb 2019 at 7:04 PM
I have returned with a new chapter: Chapter 1.4 - Riley?

Sorry my updates have been a bit... Delayed. Work has been a bit of a pain, and I haven't had the energy or will to write. I had a sudden burst of inspiration today, so I decided to get a new update out.

On the plus side, my mate from work has invited me to her Dungeons and Dragons group, so that's something to look forwards to :D
Lab Assistant
#16236 Old 8th Feb 2019 at 1:02 AM
I got a new chapter out! The next couple chapters should follow in the next couple of days.

Chapter 2.7 - The Plot Thickens
Lab Assistant
#16237 Old 8th Feb 2019 at 10:26 PM
I said I would get a chapter out, and I did!

Chapter 2.8 - The Truth, Part I
Scholar
#16238 Old 9th Feb 2019 at 10:08 AM
Lab Assistant
#16239 Old 9th Feb 2019 at 5:04 PM
3.08 A little bit of what you fancy..

*Slaps down another chapter*

Enjoy!

Lab Assistant
#16240 Old 10th Feb 2019 at 2:04 AM
This chapter took a little longer than I thought it would. Honestly, it's kind of a monster, but I wrapped up the plotline I've been working on this whole generation, so yay!

Chapter 2.9 - The Truth, Part II
Lab Assistant
#16241 Old 10th Feb 2019 at 10:12 PM
I've got the next chapter in the works, but I will say this: the gen two spawn take after their fathers.

In a scarily uncanny way.
Lab Assistant
#16242 Old 14th Feb 2019 at 6:20 AM
Another chapter (mostly about the gen 4 octuplets) -> Chapter 3.09 Hello, my name is....

Lab Assistant
#16243 Old 14th Feb 2019 at 4:58 PM
I return with a new chapter: Chapter 1.5 - Toddler Spam
Scholar
#16244 Old 16th Feb 2019 at 12:38 PM
Lab Assistant
#16245 Old 17th Feb 2019 at 2:30 PM
I have returned with a new chapter!

Chapter 1.6 - Family "Bonding"

It's a short one today, mainly because the next chapter will have some milestones.
Lab Assistant
#16246 Old 17th Feb 2019 at 8:16 PM
I have emerged from the dreaded lands of writer's block and real-life business with a new chapter!

Chapter 2.10 - Time Skip

The title is partially because it took me so long to get it done, and partially because there's a time skip in the chapter.
Instructor
#16247 Old 18th Feb 2019 at 4:58 AM Last edited by owl_face : 19th Feb 2019 at 2:42 AM.
I have also broken through my writer's block to deliver a chapter:
2.28. Labyrinths & Liches Part Four

It's the finale to this arc, so I promise no cliffhanger this time! Now I want to take more time to catch up on legacies, including some I haven't even started (sorry!).

EDIT: Sorry for editing so late after I posted this, but I have a game related question and I figured you all might be able to help. I just started to get Error Code 12 in my Bee save. I know it's memory related and world related. Is that the error that also indicates your current world is kinda borked, or is that Error Code 16? I've been playing in this save for two years, so I wouldn't be surprised if there's some sort of world-killing error. I just wanna determine if I need to move the Bees or not :/

(also, cross your fingers for me--I'm super worried in my attempt to fix it that I'm going to accidentally delete all my saves or something)

SECOND EDIT: Also, is there a world-killing error or is that something I conjured up from the depths of my nightmares?

THIRD EDIT: Upon reflection, I think I read *once* that Error Code 12 can possibly increase over time in certain saves, thus making a save unplayable. Sorry to be Chicken Little! Now you know what an evening in the mind of Owly is like.

Lab Assistant
#16248 Old 19th Feb 2019 at 3:09 AM
THIRD EDIT: Upon reflection, I think I read *once* that Error Code 12 can possibly increase over time in certain saves, thus making a save unplayable. Sorry to be Chicken Little! Now you know what an evening in the mind of Owly is like.[/QUOTE]

Error 12 is essentially a 'Your game information exceeds the maximum limit that can be put into memory at one time to create a save file'.
Googling will lead you to a huge pile of information, at least half of which is somewhat misleading and incorrect, originally I was able to bypass
error 12 by using 'Save As' and giving the save file a new name. You will need to 'clean' your save file.

Take a look at http://modthesims.info/t/588588

Instructor
#16249 Old 19th Feb 2019 at 3:26 AM
Thanks! I opened my game after dinner and saved a couple of times with no problem. Originally, the "save as" with a new name wasn't working, and I tried a few other things I found via google about it. I think I was confusing it with Error Code 16, which made a save of mine unplayable a few years ago. Gee, isn't it great to be devoted to this decade old game that has so many issues? XD

Lab Assistant
#16250 Old 19th Feb 2019 at 5:36 AM Last edited by TwistedSmiley : 19th Feb 2019 at 11:14 AM. Reason: terribad formatification
Lol, I know right! I generally discover this when I have to move to a new version of windows, (having used just about every version), that the old games just don't play the same, but there is almost always some work around. Sims 3 is just one of those games that you continuously have to fiddle with to keep it running smoothly. And that reminds me, I need to clean my current save......

Because I 'save as' regularly, I also have about 8GB of earlier RLC saves to fall back on should my current save corrupt ... (RLC-Gen2-E6.sims3)

Page 650 of 676