Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Jul 2009 at 7:08 AM
Default When packaging a lot...
Hi there,

I have searched, but could not find the answer to my question. If this has been asked before, I have no problems with being referred to that thread / post.

Here's the deal: I understand that when packaging a lot, custom patterns and their recolors won't get packaged with the lot. But how about changes I have made to original sims3 patterns that are placed on objects on the lot, like windows and doors.
Do these color combinations automatically get packaged? Or do I need to export the recolors and manually add them to the download file?

When I offer a download file, I want the pictures of the house to be exactly what the downloaders are getting, that's why I would love to know.

Many thanks for helping me out.

Maltha

You can find my work at Just Another Sims Site
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 19th Jul 2009 at 7:29 AM
Recolors are saved in the sims3pack, you have to add (manually) used NEW TEXTURES.packages with your upload as Custom content

You know a site allowing re-upload of free build/buy stuff in lots ? Help us to update the list !

* Plus j'échoue plus je m'approche de la réussite
* The more I fail the more I approach the success

(Lao patul MMVI AD)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Jul 2009 at 8:13 AM Last edited by Maltha002 : 19th Jul 2009 at 8:24 AM.
Hi Patul,

thank you so much! It's totally clear now. Off to package my first sims 3 lot :-)

Edit: when dealing with custom patterns, there are the .package files and the sims3pack files. Is there a difference between these files when packaging the lot? I.o.w. will the sims3pack files get packaged whereas the .package files won't?Or is it all the same?

Mad Poster
#4 Old 19th Jul 2009 at 9:21 AM
You must add your .package files manually in your zip file, TS3 packager dont do that (like TS2 basegame 0.001).
And of course downloader must place the package in the right folder (or use the delphy's tool)

You know a site allowing re-upload of free build/buy stuff in lots ? Help us to update the list !

* Plus j'échoue plus je m'approche de la réussite
* The more I fail the more I approach the success

(Lao patul MMVI AD)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 19th Jul 2009 at 2:19 PM
Thanks Patul