Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Part-time Hermit
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Jul 2009 at 11:12 AM
Default Getting an exact number of clicks
I'm having problems getting consistent "clicks" while building, specifically raising or lowering the terrain. No matter how short I try to make my button clicks, not keeping the button down any more than necessary, it often happens that it actually registers as two or three clicks. I've tried different mice and looked into my mouse settings, but I haven't found a way to fix this. Is there some trick to making sure you get exact clicks?
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 15th Jul 2009 at 12:30 PM
The only way I've found is multiples of 4 clicks by using the modular stairs to dig down. :\

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Part-time Hermit
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Jul 2009 at 1:55 PM
Thanks, that's a useful trick! Even though I've played and modded the Sims games for years, I've never been much of a builder, so I'm a total newbie in this area .
Captain Louie
retired moderator
#4 Old 15th Jul 2009 at 10:03 PM
You can also try raising or lowering the tile next to where your editing, this usually lowers/raises the tile by one click. But there is always that possibility of it going to a .5 click or 2...or 1.5 :p

Now streaming on at Twitch.tv/SeveralNerds or UglyHoesConnect.com - whichever is easier for you to type in your browser.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 16th Jul 2009 at 6:45 AM
as QBUILDERZ wrote TS3 clicks seems to be a little random..

To have excact multiples of 4 clicks you must use stairs to dig and scaffoldings to raise(ground is stopped 4clicks under a builded square)
=> 1 basement + 1 wall + 1 flooring = you can raise 16 click (so if you want 8 just build it 2 stairs lower).

You must do it because TS3 stairs are not very modular, they are multiple of 4 and dig the ground (outside) to place their base.

You know a site allowing re-upload of free build/buy stuff in lots ? Help us to update the list !

* Plus j'échoue plus je m'approche de la réussite
* The more I fail the more I approach the success

(Lao patul MMVI AD)
Part-time Hermit
Original Poster
#6 Old 16th Jul 2009 at 8:34 AM
What do you mean by scaffolding, patul? Foundation?

QBUILDERZ, I've been clicking tiles next to each other when doing basement garages and having to make the sloping driveway manually by clicking each tile to the right height, and almost half the time one click raises the ground more than the standard amount.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 16th Jul 2009 at 10:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by IgnorantBliss
What do you mean by scaffolding, patul? Foundation?

QBUILDERZ, I've been clicking tiles next to each other when doing basement garages and having to make the sloping driveway manually by clicking each tile to the right height, and almost half the time one click raises the ground more than the standard amount.

scaffolding : one basement (4 cl) one wall/column (16 cl) 2 squares of flooring
You can raise the ground under the 2nd square to 16 clicks max.
If you want 12,8 or 4 just build this scaffolding 1,2 or 3 modular stairs lower on the ground.

You know a site allowing re-upload of free build/buy stuff in lots ? Help us to update the list !

* Plus j'échoue plus je m'approche de la réussite
* The more I fail the more I approach the success

(Lao patul MMVI AD)
Part-time Hermit
Original Poster
#8 Old 17th Jul 2009 at 7:56 AM
Ahh, ok. And I think basement in this case means foundation. I will have to give it a try.