Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Feb 2019 at 11:14 PM
Default I can't get CCMagic to work
I know CCMagic is a somewhat older program, but I can't seem to get it to work. Every time I try to open the program the categories are completely blank. Usually, I see that people have default and legacy in the sets section, but that does not show up for me. When I try to select something, a message pops up saying "program not responding." Has anyone had this issue and if so, how do I fix it?
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 23rd Feb 2019 at 6:02 AM
What patch are you on? It won't work on 1.69.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Feb 2019 at 6:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by 310175

How can I check if it's the right patch? Although, I'm pretty sure it is.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 23rd Feb 2019 at 9:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bairly829
How can I check if it's the right patch?

Start the Sims 3 Launcher and have a look in the bottom left corner. You should see the version number. If it starts with 1.69 that's the patch level you are on.

Sarah_Sims
NRaas Industries
Mad Poster
#5 Old 23rd Feb 2019 at 6:25 PM
Actually, if I may, if you have Patch 1.69 it will say so on the mid-section of the Launcher front and center (more or less) and you must use Origin to startup your game every time. If your game is not Origin controlled, then you don't have this.

I'm not a CCMagic user so cannot answer the original question, but was under the impression that the program works on Patch 1.69 as long as one doesn't try to use it to start up the game. The required Origin/Launcher tie-in and the way in which the program files were reorganized would cause the startup sequence to fail unless Origin is used to startup.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 23rd Feb 2019 at 8:01 PM

I thought it didn't matter if you were on patch 1.69, but I tried to download the Super Patch though it's saying that I need to have the previous patch installed in order to download it. Any other suggestions?
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 23rd Feb 2019 at 8:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
Actually, if I may, if you have Patch 1.69 it will say so on the mid-section of the Launcher front and center (more or less) and you must use Origin to startup your game every time. If your game is not Origin controlled, then you don't have this.

I'm not a CCMagic user so cannot answer the original question, but was under the impression that the program works on Patch 1.69 as long as one doesn't try to use it to start up the game. The required Origin/Launcher tie-in and the way in which the program files were reorganized would cause the startup sequence to fail unless Origin is used to startup.

I'm not entirely sure, my memory is a bit vague on that, so it's possible. And I'm not on 1.69. The OP started a thread to find help to set it all up last October but it seems there are still problems, so I thought it may be the patch level.

@Bairly829, has it every worked?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 24th Feb 2019 at 12:02 AM
I'm not entirely sure, my memory is a bit vague on that, so it's possible. And I'm not on 1.69. The OP started a thread to find help to set it all up last October but it seems there are still problems, so I thought it may be the patch level.

@Bairly829, has it every worked?

No, I've been trying for a while to get it to work but it just hasn't. I've tried to research it and it looks like nobody else has had this problem. Do you think it's just my computer?
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 24th Feb 2019 at 1:32 AM
Windows 10 maybe?
Is your framework set up properly for package files?
Inventor
#10 Old 24th Feb 2019 at 9:16 AM
Do you already have CC placed in CC Magic package folder? Or do you start it up empty?