Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Feb 2019 at 2:13 AM
Default Change Clothing's Area on Body?
I just got a great piece of CC. The trouble is, it's a shirt, but it's set to the category "body," meaning that my Sim ends up walking around pantsless.

Is there any way I can correct this glitch in S3PE and, if so, how?

(Apologies if this ends up being ridiculously simple or posted elsewhere; a search only came up with how to set clothing categories for CAS)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 13th Feb 2019 at 7:15 AM
You'll need S3OC to fix this by edting the pacakge file to turn it into a top like I've done after cloning the bunkbeds from Generations and editing the package files to enable them for live drag.
dodgy builder
#3 Old 13th Feb 2019 at 7:36 AM
That was an interesting use of words. I guess for many people a glitch is just something ... while for others is a visual animation kind of thing. A bug has to do with coding, or some might not see the difference.

When it comes to a shirt in the wrong category, I would consider it a matter of coding, and as such a bug. Since ts seems to be informed I'm a bit confused.
Alchemist
#4 Old 20th Feb 2019 at 8:46 PM
@QuizzicalSphinx Are you sure it's not supposed to be an outfit? If it is, you can use it with leggings. Otherwise, if it's an outfit, you have to remove the legs from the mesh and adjust the UV map (each CAS item has a designated space it can fill on EA's UV map, and a top overlapping a bottom's UV map can lead to textures appearing on other parts of the body i.e. bottoms, shoes). You can see how the UV map looks here; if the shirt is a top, it'll occupy only the red area, but if it's an outfit it'll also occupy the green one, thereby overlapping and rendering badly if you choose to use it with a pair of pants, for example (not to mention that the legs of the sim will clip through).

@TadOlson With CAS items it's not that easy, see above.

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!