Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Jul 2014 at 10:55 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 3rd Jul 2014 at 12:35 AM.
Default Problem with adding slots - slot ends up in the wrong place
I'm making a stackable object (cloned version of the stackable boxes I found here at MTS), and want to add a second slot for deco items. I've added the slot, and it's working ingame, but the problem is that it ends up in the wrong place.

I've tried a few settings (the slot tutorial by HugeLunatic doesn't say much about the Slot resource, and what I could find in the "introduction to slots" wasn't very helpful), but the only thing I've managed is to move the slot down below the object, while it should be inside the box. The bottom frog shows where the second slot for the top box is now - too far down and too far back.

Here's the settings in the Slot resource - mine is the bottom one, and I changed the settings a little according to another object that had extra slots. I first tried with the same settings, but the slot only ended up in the same place as the other one. I also changed it to a deco slot (but changed it back later, as it did absolutely nothing).

Translation in the CRES is Z: 0,012038 (where the slot is supposed to be) - but no matter what I put in the Translation boxes, the slot won't move.

It would also be nice to know what I have to do if I want to change the original slot, because I've got a smaller box I also want to make stackable.
Advertisement
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#2 Old 2nd Jul 2014 at 11:29 PM
Your F7 should be 0.1875 - I've never seen 0 for that value before. Try changing the F8 to 2.242078E-44 like the other 2. (I'm not too sure if yours being 1 instead makes a difference or not. But I usually keep that value the same as the existing slots. The 2.2yadayada and 1 are the only 2 values I've ever seen for F8.) If changing those values doesn't help, it would be helpful to be able to actually download and look at your mesh.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Jul 2014 at 11:42 PM
I checked another object, and it had all the extra slots as 1 on F8, and 0 on F7, so I thought I'd try and see if it made any difference, which it didn't. Changing them back to the original settings also didn't do any difference at all. I had everything as the same at first, and the slot ended up in the same place as the old one, but when I changed the I9 and I10 to one number higher than the first slot, the slot jumped down there, and it's been stuck there ever since.

It's the first time I'm adding a slot to anything. I've only ever changed the slot placement through the 'translation' thingy in the Cres before, and I learned that maybe a month or so ago.

I attached the file below. You can find it in table/misc.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Theraven_LargeBox-stackable_MESH-addslot-test3.zip (118.9 KB, 6 downloads) - View custom content
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#4 Old 3rd Jul 2014 at 12:15 AM Last edited by mustluvcatz : 3rd Jul 2014 at 12:35 AM.
Looking at your screenshot of the SLOT, I was thinking..... and yes, I was right. Change the I9 value for your slot to 10, commit and save. That's the only thing I can see that's stopping it from working like it *should. When you're putting the I9 values for slot/slots in the SLOT file, you'll want to pay attention to the line number in Model - Bones. In this case, the line number for your slot is 10.

*Should= it will work. If it's not where you want it to be, changing the values in the CRES will take care of that.

edit: You'll want to change the I7 to 8, too. 11 will work but 8 will work better since more objects will be able to be placed in that slot. (Sorry, I was cooking supper and some other stuff while trying to reply and forgot about that!)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 3rd Jul 2014 at 12:35 AM
Thanks!
I must have misread the "I9 is the slot #" thing in the tutorial. No wonder things went awry! It's working like it should now
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#6 Old 3rd Jul 2014 at 12:36 AM
You're welcome. (I added to my post above while you were replying, lol.)