Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Jun 2010 at 6:07 PM
Default Make an object show up in Map view
What value do I have to edit to make an object show up in Map View?
I tried cloning an existing object that already does show up in Map View, but that isn't really an option as I want a non-castable object. And also it brings up a lot of problems with the textures and stuff.

I've seen that people over at MATY are doing it, but they never say which value to edit (believe me, I've SEARCHED!).

If someone could help that would be awesome and we would all be one step closer to having customized distant terrain (yes indeed, custom distant terrain!). Thank you!

This space intentionally left blank...
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 11th Jun 2010 at 12:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nukael
I tried cloning an existing object that already does show up in Map View, but that isn't really an option as I want a non-castable object. And also it brings up a lot of problems with the textures and stuff.

Well, making an object that is castable be non-castable isn't difficult. What are the issues with textures and stuff?
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Jun 2010 at 6:25 AM
Ah, I didn't know we could make objects non-castable now. It's been months since I've updated myself on the new techniques. How do we do that?

Silly me, though, the "texture" problem I was having was because I had duplicate test packages in my mods folder and I had edited the wrong texture on top of that, which caused all sorts of weirdness. I've actually got it to work since last night.

Alchemist
#4 Old 11th Jun 2010 at 9:29 AM
Cmo's tutorial shows how to make them castable. You can also do the reverse:

http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...t=394144&page=1
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 11th Jun 2010 at 11:47 AM
Well look at that, thank you SOOO much Orangemittens!!
I'm guessing the Map View thing is in the OBJD setting as well, but I have no clue which one it is.

Custom terrain is now a reality:
See my thread

Alchemist
#6 Old 11th Jun 2010 at 12:35 PM
Glad it worked Great mummies too