Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th May 2010 at 6:15 AM Last edited by BlakHawk02 : 19th May 2010 at 6:43 AM.
Default Overlay Blurs in-game
Im having a weird problem and I cant seem to figure out whats causing it and why...

Ive meshed a new object and replaced all of the existing texture files. My overlay will appear just fine in CAS but then when I accept the changes Ive made...the overlay blurs. The overlay is the texture on the weights themselves.

Below is a couple pics to show you whats going on. If anyone has any input as to what may be mixed up any help is appreciated.

Tools Used:
Milkshape V1.85
UV Mapper Classic
Photoshop 7 S3PE S3OC S3OT

Advertisement
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#2 Old 19th May 2010 at 6:32 AM
Alchemist
#3 Old 19th May 2010 at 10:25 AM
I'm confused about what it is that you're doing since HL moved this out of meshing where questions like this usually go...it makes me guess that there's something about this that's different.

But, if this were like any other meshing project, I would guess that you need to match up the size of the dds images you're using with the code for the dds size in the mtlsrcs or vice versa. Once you've done that you would also need to empty your caches for the changes to be reflected in the game.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#4 Old 19th May 2010 at 2:39 PM
The meshing section is for questions pertaining to meshing your object and has categories for the most common 3d apps. Object creation includes specific tools plus texturing, which is what this probably is.

Tutorials:TS3_Meshing_FAQwiki Check the FAQ since I would guess the dds and the mtlscrs do not match as OM posted.
Alchemist
#5 Old 19th May 2010 at 8:20 PM Last edited by orangemittens : 19th May 2010 at 8:42 PM.
Gotcha You may want to add a link to this forum in the Wiki then..right now the only one there is the one for the meshing section.

ETA: Thanks for changing it
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 19th May 2010 at 10:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by orangemittens
I'm confused about what it is that you're doing since HL moved this out of meshing where questions like this usually go...it makes me guess that there's something about this that's different.

But, if this were like any other meshing project, I would guess that you need to match up the size of the dds images you're using with the code for the dds size in the mtlsrcs or vice versa. Once you've done that you would also need to empty your caches for the changes to be reflected in the game.

orangemittens, thanks to you I have it figured out and cant wait to upload this for everyone. You always seem to solve my problems and I cant thank you enough for your replies and troubleshooting guide!
Alchemist
#7 Old 25th May 2010 at 4:22 AM
Sorry for the bump and sorry to bother...but the drop down for Create/Sims 3 doesn't have a line for the new Object Creation Forum. You prolly know that and are planning to fix but just in case I thought I'd mention it.

And BH congrats on your object...it looks great in the downloads section
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 25th May 2010 at 3:25 PM
Thanks OM Those shelves you have been makin are lookin nice, keep it up!