Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Jul 2009 at 7:09 PM
Make A Three Door Garage Connected to a Foundation?
So the title says most of what I am trying to do.

I am building a house that is on a foundation then I built a garage which I connected to the house and used the 'ConstrainFloorElevation false/true' cheat. Then I tried building in a garage so I did what some tutorials did and deleted 4 squares of the wall where the garage was going to go. Then I added back the walls and constrained them to the level of the house. So once I put in the doors finally the wouldn't show as if they were on a real wall.

That's the best I could describe my problem I also added 2 photos to show you an example of what my garage and foundation look like.

Thanks for the help Darian (Santosgal09)
Screenshots
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 13th Jul 2009 at 7:28 PM
Basically what you'll need to do is put regular height wall on the front side of the garage where the doors will be and flatten the 2nd level wall in order to get the doors to function. Unfortunately that will cause 2 pieces of the wall to appear warped / skewed.

In order to fix it so the doors work, delete the lower short wall where the doors need to go. Use "CFE off / false" then drag a new line of wall in the gap, it should put in a regular height wall and shove the other wall up also, you'll need to use the Level Terrain tool to level the top part with the back end of the garage.

So far as I know there's no way to avoid having the skewed wall sections with this type of structure, however you can mask it with certain wall coverings. Unfortunately the majority patterns will also skew on part the wall though any completely vertical ones (like vertical siding, wood planks and such) should be ok. Depening on where the skewed wall is you could also hide it with bushes or other decorative objects if you really wanted to have a brick / stone type pattern.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Jul 2009 at 7:58 PM
Thanks for the help. Hopefully soon someone will figure out how to get rid of the skewed walls.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 14th Jul 2009 at 6:21 AM
Have a look on the wiki, garage section, there is no change to do that.

You know a site allowing re-upload of free build/buy stuff in lots ? Help us to update the list !

* Plus j'échoue plus je m'approche de la réussite
* The more I fail the more I approach the success

(Lao patul MMVI AD)
Site Helper
#5 Old 14th Jul 2009 at 4:34 PM
Unfortunately, there's no easy solution to the skewed walls, because of the way that walls are actually stored inside of the lot package.
Captain Louie
retired moderator
#6 Old 14th Jul 2009 at 7:19 PM
http://thesimsupply.com/videotutorials/episode11.php

The same principal applies. If I am reading the problem correctly, watch this and it will fix your problem.

Now streaming on at Twitch.tv/SeveralNerds or UglyHoesConnect.com - whichever is easier for you to type in your browser.