Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Aug 2005 at 4:01 PM Last edited by tkdjunkie : 7th Sep 2005 at 11:38 PM.
Default Update: JWoods & Family are safe!
Hi All,

Because of the recent catastrophe caused by Hurricane Katrina, we are replacing our Google advertisements with a Red Cross donation banner. Clicking this banner will take you to the American Red Cross website, where you can donate to help the victims of Hurricane Katrina.

In lieu of making a donation to Mod the Sims 2, please donate to the Red Cross instead. The Red Cross is always the first at the scene of a catastrophe, providing aid to those in need. Your donation to them can make a difference!

Our thoughts and prayers will be with these victims and their families. JWoods is one of the Simming Community’s most talented artists and modders. He is also a moderator at MTS2, and a loving friend and father. He was in New Orleans with his family as the hurricane hit. We can only hope that he and his family are safe. If we hear anything, we will keep you informed. But please keep him in your thoughts and prayers as well.

------------UPDATE: JWoods & his family are safe!!! Thank you to *everyone* for your prayers and concern! Please continue to donate to the Red Cross during this tumultuous time, and remember the other victims there. It will take *years* to recover from this.---------------

MTS2 has nearly 100,000 members. If everyone makes even a small contribution, we can still make a big difference in the outcome of this tragedy. Please donate to the Red Cross today.

Kind Regards,
Delphy, and the MTS2 Staff

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Advertisement
Ice Princess
#2 Old 31st Aug 2005 at 4:10 PM
Wonderful!! I am so happy to see this. Also for those who can't donate monetarily and if you are able The Red Cross is going to need blood. Also you can check with your local Red Cross Centers and see if they are accepting donations of bottled water, blankets, batteries and things of the sort since electric will not be restored for quite some time.
Test Subject
#3 Old 31st Aug 2005 at 4:18 PM
i would love to but im afriad im broke after buying this computer... i might be able to do as you just said tough ^
Test Subject
#4 Old 31st Aug 2005 at 5:14 PM
It's wonderfull tha t we can make a difference, unfortunatley I'm too little to do this. :weep:
but i I had been a little older I'd make a donation...

Potato, Potatah
What just happend?
retired moderator
#5 Old 31st Aug 2005 at 5:53 PM Last edited by gareth075 : 31st Aug 2005 at 5:54 PM. Reason: Typo
Quote: Originally posted by SimSpock
i would love to but im afriad im broke after buying this computer... i might be able to do as you just said tough ^

A Dime will do (every little helps)

Consider me in Delphy.
(Praying for JWoods and his Family as I type)

Life is for LIVING so, LIVE it and have Fun

Please use "spell check" when posting!!!
Prejudice is the child of ignorance.
Test Subject
#6 Old 31st Aug 2005 at 6:05 PM
Default I'll cut corners to help!
I am a senior citizen on a low fixed income...live from month to month. However, I am going to cut corners, even in the food department and send 50 dollars to help these people in such great need! J. Woods and his family are in my thoughts and prayers, as well as all. AuntJean
Field Researcher
#7 Old 31st Aug 2005 at 6:21 PM
How sweet auntjean!

I am too little also to donate. And I don't live in America, and I don't know if the Red Cross operate in Europe.

Rct2mad

(Ps: My thoughts, prayers and mind are with JWoods t-day)
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 31st Aug 2005 at 6:22 PM
JWoods and his family are in my thoughts and prayers hopefully they were able to survive this catastrophe.
Test Subject
#9 Old 31st Aug 2005 at 7:13 PM Last edited by Miagirl240 : 2nd Sep 2005 at 6:58 AM.
it's always, sad, when Hurricanes, hit.
(Prays, for JWoods, and his, familly, and for eveyone, out, there, who got, hit, by Hurrican Katrina.) :weep: :weep: :weep:

Baxter's ok!!!!!!:D
Super Moderator
staff: senior moderator
#10 Old 31st Aug 2005 at 7:14 PM
Thank you everyone-even just for your prayers and thoughts for JWoods and his family. They happen to be dear friends of mine and this hurricane is devistating to so many right now. All your help is greatly apprciated.
Test Subject
#11 Old 31st Aug 2005 at 7:37 PM
My family and i can barely survive right now....with the prices being driven up on pretty much evrything but i think with a little rearangeing we might be able to contribute a little money......I put our fate into gods hands and i know that everything will be alright for those who live Down there and Around this World God bless all those people.........If i cant donate or find the money i will at least have them in my paryers......
Field Researcher
#12 Old 31st Aug 2005 at 7:50 PM
So sorry to hear this *
I don't know how much a single donation can do, but I hope it helps those who dosen't have their house, anymore.
I wish everyone there is safe right now.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 31st Aug 2005 at 8:01 PM
I live in Florida, and i am so thankful that Katrina did not hit our
neighborhood.. :gonemad:

BUT, it is bad that it hit anywhere.
I hope that all those ppl who got hit are alright... :sick:

Charley, Ivan, and Francis hit our neighborhood last year.. And BOY were their a lot of trees knocked down.. :argh:
Our house wasn't harmed, besides a few shingles being knocked off.

I hope everyone recovers before another one hits.. I HATE hurricanes... :madashel:

I am praying for everyone! :sadpanda:

Shaoey
What just happend?
retired moderator
#14 Old 31st Aug 2005 at 8:12 PM
Default Donation
OK, "The_Sim_2" and "Rct2mad", I have made a Donation in your name (well, not actually in your name because you can't do that but I have in spirit) Young people need to understand that this Planet is NOT ours to do with as we please and sometimes MOTHER NATURE has her wicked way with us and innocent people get caught up in it.

31.8749 NOK and £2.77 is not a lot to give to your fellow Man/Woman in times of need and I am happy to do it. (er, just for the two mentioned at the start of this reply, I'M NOT made of money you know "LOL")

Life is for LIVING so, LIVE it and have Fun

Please use "spell check" when posting!!!
Prejudice is the child of ignorance.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 31st Aug 2005 at 9:09 PM
I always end up finding out about catastrophies to late. It was a week later that I learned there was a tsunami but I hope everyone's alright down there. Apparantly if your house wasn't demolished, it was flooded to the roof. My teacher had predicted that the dam in New Orleans would colapse. Ugh and I really hate it how people are looting all the stores because there's not enough police to guard them. Of course I wish I had more than 10 bucks in my life savings :werd: otherwise I would gladly donate. And of course my saving are in a pink pig made of plastic. (I think I broke the record for most pennies found on the ground) But I'll see what I can do.

Dance little star! Dance!
Check out my uber cool site!!! http://xentariorpg.bravehost.com/
Not a sims 2 site ;)
What just happend?
retired moderator
#16 Old 31st Aug 2005 at 9:19 PM
Ya, "fireflamer" that's all we ask "see what you can do" Way to go man!
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 31st Aug 2005 at 9:38 PM
*pray's to holy hell that most people, especially JWOODS, is ok*
Forum Resident
#18 Old 31st Aug 2005 at 10:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by _OMERTA_
*pray's to holy hell that most people, especially JWOODS, is ok*

i hope you arent praying to hell, LOL. seriously, this is terrible and my thoughts are with all the sufferers out their. just losing your home would be terrible let alone losing everyone and everything in your life thanks to a hurricane. i am praying for JWOODS and EVERYONE out their suffering. now ive typed all this, im off to the site to donate a fiver. that means £5 if ya didnt know.
Field Researcher
#19 Old 31st Aug 2005 at 10:16 PM
To J.Woods and family & Baxter and his family Another simmer in the middle of the storm' my prayers go out to those members who are missing due to the storm i hope to hear some good news on their end.. Hugs and kisses to them Teresa .. aka .... Fireflies

I am also praying for all the rest who are in the middle of this storm..
me and my husband went shopping picked up a huge amount of clothing dypers' ect ect for children and toddlers'
Also flashlites with batteries and a few blankets ..
we even were fortunate enough to have a manager of one store make a donation of formula and snacks for people with kids
we went down and sent it all off today
phew my feet hurt.

Fire.
Test Subject
#20 Old 31st Aug 2005 at 10:19 PM
I live in Alexandria. All we got was a little wind. At 3 high schools in my community we hust got over 1,500 people from New Orleans. I also go to my church every night to serve dinner to evacuees. I am too young to donate alot of money, but I do donate my time. When the tsunami hit I donated 8.00 to my school which then gave over 1,000 dollars to the Red Cross. This year I hope to do the same(I'll just wait to get Nightlife at a later time), since i have been saving my money since July. I have family friends that like in New Orleans and I have friends whose family members live in new orleans, but they made it out safely. Luckily my dad got back from new orleans 2 days before the hurricane hit. I just keep praying for all those people and those who have lost loved ones. I know this is all God's hands.
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 31st Aug 2005 at 10:26 PM
I was just watching the coverage from the hurricane on tv a few hours ago. Sooo many people in windows, balconies, and roofs trying to signal for help... but the newscopter didn't do anything. All those people trapped in buildings with limited supplies, even young children and babies, and they never know when or if someone's going to come to them. I just hope nobody ran to their basements when the storm started and can't get out now because their house is flooded... I just frightened myself.

I really hope JWoods, his family, and as many other people as possible will come out all right. They were all in the wrong place at the wrong time...

PS. I heard some people complaining about the oil prices going even higher before. I know it's true, but it's pretty selfish to complain about gasoline prices when hundreds (maybe thousands) of people are trapped or dead from the hurricane at this very moment...
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 31st Aug 2005 at 10:32 PM
I sent in $50 this morning to the Red Cross. I also wish to offer a free room to a stranded couple or family with nowhere to go, I don't know if it is practical at the moment, but its something I wish to do. Perhaps I can see if my college will arrange a donation drive. Continued prayers, good thougts, and good vibes to all those affected.
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 31st Aug 2005 at 10:34 PM
Like a few others I'm a bit too young to donate. The only thing I've ever been able to donate in was a thing we had at school for Cuba after a hurricane hit it. *shrug* But if I could donate to this I would.

I'll keep the people who were in areas hit by Katrina in my prayers.
Test Subject
#24 Old 31st Aug 2005 at 10:36 PM
Thank you so much for posting this on MTS2, every donation is needed for loved ones (family & friends) that are going through this chaos. Even if you CAN NOT send a donation, LOTS AND LOTS of PRAYERS are just as good....

I'm from South Louisiana and fortunantly we did not get any damage, but we do have family that weren't so lucky as to getting out of New Orleans before Katrina hit...My father's only living sybling (my Aunt) is amongst one of the relatives that weren't able to get out...The night before Katrina hit, they had to do emergency surgery on her and of course they put her in ICU just before Katrina hit...We have not heard anything from anyone...Amongst my own family, JWoods and his family and many many others are in my prayers....
So please, if you can not send any donations and if you believe in prayers they will be much apreciated by many...

Thanks very much and God Bless!!!!!
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 31st Aug 2005 at 11:34 PM
I am disabled and living on Social Security; which as most know is low income, but I feel this is important to donate to. I also made a donation to the humane society to help all the displaced animals as well. If you want to make a donation to the Humane Society here is their address:

The Humane Society of the United States| All Rights Reserved.
Humane Society Disaster Relief Fund | 2100 L Street, NW | Washington, DC 20037
[email protected] | 202-452-1100 | www.hsus.org

God bless all the victims of the Disaster.
Page 1 of 15