Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Sep 2011 at 3:03 PM Last edited by CloudWalkerNZ : 24th Sep 2011 at 3:37 PM.
Default Some simple questions about Skininator
I have a few noob questions about the Skininator since it is the first time I try to use it

Can someone please help me with the following:

1) I only want to create a non-default adult man skin. How to I go about that? I note that the skininator seem to import all the age group and sexes. I only want to do one. Do I just leave them blank? (please simple instructions so that a simple minded person like me can understand ).

2) Is there an example of a speculars and an overlays file being use on a skin?

What I am trying to create is a melted skin for my Freddy Kurdger's sim. I thought an overlay maybe the way to go but is it easier and would give better result if I just paint in on the skin directly?

Thanks for any helpful answers in advance

For all my creations check out my blog
Advertisement
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#2 Old 24th Sep 2011 at 9:33 PM
1) Yes, you only fill in the ages and genders you want your skin to affect, and leave the others blank. For everything you leave blank, the defaults will be used.

2) Mallow's new skin is a good example of speculars: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=454867
I don't know offhand of any skin that uses overlays in any way except for using a blank overlay to replace the default one which has pink palms. This one does that: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=440794

My feeling is that painting on the skin texture directly would be best for the effect you want, but you can experiment!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Sep 2011 at 10:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
1) Yes, you only fill in the ages and genders you want your skin to affect, and leave the others blank. For everything you leave blank, the defaults will be used.

2) Mallow's new skin is a good example of speculars: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=454867
I don't know offhand of any skin that uses overlays in any way except for using a blank overlay to replace the default one which has pink palms. This one does that: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=440794

My feeling is that painting on the skin texture directly would be best for the effect you want, but you can experiment!

Thank you very much for your prompt reply and your wonderful program

I have another simple question:

How do you make non default skin? I put in the files I wanted but the non-default button won't light-up, only the default button is light up. I press the non-default and nothing happen. I am use the latest version 4.3. I know is likely something stupid I did but for the life of me I can't figure it out.

Thanks in advance for any useful replies.

Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#4 Old 25th Sep 2011 at 2:12 PM
You're very welcome.

You've probably left out either the Skin name, or you haven't included a tone ramp. The tone ramp is the file with the color gradient that appears in the skin color slider and determines whether the skin will be standard, reddish, blue, etc. You can make your own or just select one or more of the game tone ramps. Click the "Tone Ramps" button and (to use a game tone) check off one or more of the options for "Game skin color(s) to use:"
Screenshots
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 26th Sep 2011 at 4:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
You're very welcome.

You've probably left out either the Skin name, or you haven't included a tone ramp. The tone ramp is the file with the color gradient that appears in the skin color slider and determines whether the skin will be standard, reddish, blue, etc. You can make your own or just select one or more of the game tone ramps. Click the "Tone Ramps" button and (to use a game tone) check off one or more of the options for "Game skin color(s) to use:"

Ahhh Thank you Thank you I know it is something simple Believe it or not it took me 1/2 hr and untold running around in circle and I can't figure that out