Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Dec 2006 at 11:07 PM
*The Death and Life of Ashlyn* Chapter 28~ Lifted
Hi everyone! This is my new story! Its sort of my "first" story... Keep in mind that this is just the intro, so its going to be short, but Ill have the chapters up soon depending if you wanna see more! Yay! Im so excited, I hope you all like it and feel free to leave comments if you like!

~As a warning, this story contains swearing throughout (though censored) and some mature situations. ~

It all happened so fast, much like a flash of brilliant light scraping its way through the shadows of an onyx sky.

At once her skin transforms into an ethereal likeness, her bones are weightless, she has nothing to give and nothing to lose as her body is gently cradled the by surrounding night winds and time itself seemed to have been stilled to nothing but the constant pulse of a dwindling heartbeat.

Soon, it would all be over.

She desperately clings to invisible threads that suspend from stars just overhead, and while doing so, a series of murky images begin projecting before her swollen eyes;
they tell the story of her past… her entire existence up until this fateful hour.

She struggles to ignore the scattered memories, longing to push them far from her mind, but they beam so brightly that they are clearly visible even through closed eyelids.

How had it come to this?
This broken life that steadily falls in the night, swallowed whole by the cool air that softly grazes her frail features- a final attempt at comfort before her fate is realized.

Soon, it would all be over.

~~~~~~~~~~

Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 9th Dec 2006 at 11:13 PM
OH EM GEE! (Haha, I typed goo the first time)

CHRISSY! I love it!!!! I dont really get twhere it is going, but it is fantastically fantastic!

Oh I cant WAIT for more!

(Im hyper, who'd a known it?)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Dec 2006 at 11:17 PM
YAY you like it!! You're actually not supposed to know where its going right now....but you'll understand more when I post the first chapter-which is written, I just have to take pictures

Lab Assistant
#4 Old 9th Dec 2006 at 11:20 PM
I have a lot of pics to take too....

I am excited though!
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 10th Dec 2006 at 12:06 AM
wow, this looks intense! can't wait to read more
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 10th Dec 2006 at 9:32 PM
Default Chapter~1~The Beginning
~Part1~

Ashlyn Thayer was a rather shy child living in a tiny home on the south side of a busy city with her mother Heather and stepfather Eric.

Her biological father remaining a mystery to her, Ashlyn naturally adapted Eric as her daddy; a responsibility he never truly desired or lived up to.

Life at home was nothing short of dismal as each day dragged on. Many nights she would lie awake in her small crib, unable to sleep from the despondent noise of her parents fighting.

The sounds of glass shattering on the walls and floors, the slamming of doors and the constant weeping of her mother continuously rang through her ears, not forgoing various other ominous events occurring each and every day in her home.

Occasionally neighbors would be seen casually strolling on the sidewalk in front of the house, whispering to each other as the couple inside fought profusely.

Ashlyn lived in constant fear of her stepfather’s drunken rage, finding that the closet was her only source for comfort when he was on one of his warpaths. Poor baby Ashlyn, her mother often overlooked her while trying to cope with her own depression. Most of the time when Eric wasn’t around Heather could be found sitting in a puddle of tears in the corner of her unlit bedroom.

Heather often wondered what it would take to push her over the edge; how much longer could she allow her abuser to triumph?

It was difficult to live in a house with the ever-present dark clouds that lurked throughout every room but the changes they needed desperately were close at hand.

One evening Ashlyn sat comfortably in a corner quietly playing with a doll house when she heard voices begin to rise in another room.

She turned her head towards the kitchen and noticed the empty bottles strewn on the counter tops and a drinking glass along side with its contents freshly devoured. Evil had taken over now and it was only a matter of time when it would capture her as well.
She squeezed her eyes shut in reaction to the loud conflict advancing in her parent’s bedroom.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 10th Dec 2006 at 9:49 PM
Default Chapter~1~The Beginning
~Part 2~

“What were you thinking Eric? I told you not to drink when Ashlyn’s around!” Heather screamed.

“Shut the hell up,” slurred a very intoxicated Eric, “I’m the king of THIS house!” he bellowed, nearly stumbling to the floor.

Heather looked her husband up and down in disgust.

“You’re pathetic!” she began, “You don’t deserve me, this house, or this whole family for that matter! You’re nothing more than a worthless piece of-“

“I told you to shut your mouth, didn’t I?” He barked in her face, his breath reeking of alcohol. This wasn’t the first time Heather had been interrupted; he had a lack of respect that was as degrading as it was frightening.

Ashlyn was still positioned in the same spot of the floor humming loudly, trying to ignore the spats of profanities flying overhead.

It was then, at that very moment when her life was about to change forever.

She continued to play as the feud sustained- roaring like a fire, out of control and unwilling to cease.

“I don’t need this and better yet- I don’t need YOU!” Heather bellowed in confidence.
Then it happened. The shrill sound of a rough hand making abrupt contact with Heather’s soft, fragile face echoed its way through the halls and into Ashlyn’s tiny ears.
The sound went right through her, like a dagger piercing her innocent little heart.

She knew exactly what had happened and tears began to well up while her small hands were trembling.

She looked up to see her distraught mother stumble out of the bedroom, slamming the door behind her.

Tears were cascading down her bruised cheeks and she quickly tried to dry them so her daughter wouldn’t see while she made her way to the phone.

Heather then ran to the closet, took out a bag and began stuffing it violently with various belongings, then proceeded to grab her purse off the kitchen table.

She ran up to Ashlyn and took hold of her daughter’s tiny hand, pulling her off the floor and into her arms.

Heather ran out of the house for the last time that night and didn’t dare to even once look back.

The two of them sat silently in the cab as it drove them to their new destination.

Ashlyn slowly looked up at her mother,
“Mommy, why did daddy hurt you?” she asked innocently.
Heather could barely make out her daughters features through the tears. How do you explain a very complicated, adult relationship to a three year old?

Heather gave a half smile, and calmly stated,
“My darling, we will always have each other.”
-----------

Well that's it, chapter one in all its glory! Please let me know if you liked it :lovestruc

Lab Assistant
#8 Old 10th Dec 2006 at 11:51 PM
Awww... That is so sad!

But I really like it, you are a fantastic writer!
#9 Old 11th Dec 2006 at 12:07 AM
I like it a lot, you should write more right now?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 11th Dec 2006 at 1:05 AM
Alyssa, youre so nice to me
:lovestruc Thanks for your comments guys!! Im so glad you like it, that makes me happy and I do have the next chapter written, but again those darn pictures! It took me sooo long to do the ones for this chapter too, mostly the ones with them in the cab. But I'll have the next one up as soon as I can! Thanks for reading! :jig:

Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 12th Dec 2006 at 5:25 AM
Default Chapter~2~A New Start
*sigh* I got bored, so here's an update!

The two of them stood at the edge of a sidewalk under an overcast sky, gazing at the weathered door of the small less-than charming house that they would now call home.

Heather lovingly looked down towards her little daughter and brightly declared,
“This will be the start of a whole new life for us. From now on we will be happy.”

Two months went by and nothing could be further from the truth.

Heather still hadn’t found a job and was now two weeks late on the rent.

She had once again slipped into a deep depression and it had already begun to take its toll.

Ashlyn spent most of her days in a small playpen her mother had set up at the foot of the bed in a futile attempt to keep watch over her toddler.

The grim truth was that Heather seemed barely alive most days, only getting up to get a bottle for Ashlyn and the occasional diaper change.

After the partial maternal chores were over with, Ashlyn was again plopped into her playpen until it was time for the next feeding.

In the meantime Heather would just lie there in bed, gazing blankly at the ceiling.
The room was always dark with only a few stands of sunlight that would manage to force its way though the small openings of the blinds that hung in the window.

To pass the time Ashlyn would sleep and when she couldn’t she played with the only two small toys she had that were neatly tucked away under her pale blue blanket.

One warm summer day a loud pounding at the door startled Heather out of a deep sleep.

She put her hand to her forehead and sighed, sensing it was the landlord ready to present her with an eviction notice.

She weakly pushed herself up from the bed and threw the covers back before hearing five more knocks at the door.

“I’m coming!” she shouted, her voice rather raspy from scarcely speaking for the last month.

She slowly drudged down the hallway towards the door, took a deep breath and began to turn the knob.

The door opened to reveal a handsome young man in uniform. Heather was puzzled for a brief moment as to what could have brought a police officer to her doorstep.

“Good day ma’am, are you Heather Thayer?” The officer inquired with a solemn look on his face.

“Yes I am, can I ask what the problem is officer?” Heather asked.

The officer’s countenance turned grave as he quickly glanced down and then back up, staring Heather straight in the eyes.

“I regret to inform you that your husband Eric’s vehicle has been recovered from the East River ravine…”

Heather gasped, “Oh my God, is he alright?!”

The officer cleared his throat,
“The autopsy revealed that his body had been at the scene for approximately three days before a driver spotted and reported the accident. The autopsy also showed that he had a blood alcohol level far past the legal limits; therefore he was presumably intoxicated at the time of the crash. He was alone in the vehicle and no one else was involved in the accident.”

Heather’s jaw fell; she didn’t know what to say or how to react.

“I’m truly sorry ma’am.” The officer whispered just before departing.

Heather sat on the ground, her arms wrapping tightly around her legs holding them close to her body.

A small tear escaping the confines of her eye gave way to uncontrollable sobbing.

It was as if she still had some sort of lingering feelings for the man who made her life a living hell.
As much as she despised him, she would never wish death upon him.

She sat there until dusk, reminiscing of what few good times she had shared with him.

She lifted her head that she had buried in her arms, her eyes were red and swollen, her cheeks pink and nose runny.

She sniffled as she noticed the sky: shades of purple, orange and pink bleeding into blue-it was beautiful and she could hear the distant sounds of children laughing as they played.
It was then that she pondered where her life was going, how many sunsets like this had she missed while spending her life in bed?

She made a decision right there on the rough cement: she was going to change her life, and it was going to happen now. She didn’t want to be left by the wayside while the world happily passed by.

This was the start of a new beginning…and this time it was for real.

---------------------------------------------
Comments please!! :D
I really want to hear your feedback

#12 Old 12th Dec 2006 at 5:57 AM
I love this story!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 12th Dec 2006 at 6:00 AM
Thanks Meghan! I appreciate it

#14 Old 12th Dec 2006 at 6:12 AM
This is fantastic - you are a very talented writer
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 13th Dec 2006 at 3:19 AM
Ok guys, soooo....
I HAD the third chapter written, but then I realized I didn't like it at ALL, so I erased it and have to re-wrtie it :err:
But maybe I can have it up sooner if theres a high demand for it? *wink* *wink*

And thank you for your kind words Rebekah! I hope you continue to read

#16 Old 13th Dec 2006 at 10:43 PM
I got a musket. That a high enough demand?
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 13th Dec 2006 at 10:45 PM
YAY!

I have a 20-mm cannon.

I WIN!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#18 Old 14th Dec 2006 at 10:00 AM
:mob Oh my, the violence!

I haven't been feeling well the past couple of days, but I'm working on it and will get it up soon, I promise!
Thanks for your comments guys, it makes me so happy that you like my story!
:lovestruc

Test Subject
Original Poster
#19 Old 16th Dec 2006 at 12:02 AM
An update should be up either tonight or tomorrow

Test Subject
Original Poster
#20 Old 28th Dec 2006 at 7:10 AM
Default Chapter ~3~ "The Dream....part 1
Well, here is Chapter 3! it took me awhile to get it done because I got a new comp for Christmas so I wanted to wait until after I got it all set up to finish the update. Please enjoy and feedback is very appreciated as always!

It was an early Monday morning and Ashlyn was still sleeping soundly, all wrapped up in blankets on her almost new bed. She was having a wonderful dream and in it her and her mother lived in a huge mansion having all they ever wanted…

A car slowly pulled up in front of the beautiful white dream home. She stepped out of the car and stood on the sidewalk for a moment to take in all the beauty that had been placed before her glistening eyes.
A warm breeze gently grazed her cheek and for the first time in her life she was truly happy.
The sun shined so bright that day, making the blades of grass sparkle and the paint on the house shimmer. The leaves on the trees above rustled as they gracefully danced with the warm summer winds.
It was the perfect day, nothing could possibly spoil this splendor and whole contentment she was experiencing.

Her heels clicked lightly on the stone walkway as she started for her home’s entrance. The wood creaked gently under her weight as she slowly made her way up the stairs towards the large doorway.

Gently pushing the door open, she stepped inside expecting to see her mother waiting patiently for her but instead she saw that the home was completely empty.
Ashlyn could feel panic begin to rise up. She stood stiff in the doorway as her eyes darted around the main room of the vacant house. Cobwebs were strewn about the walls and a thick layer of dust blanketed the wooden floors.

“He-hello? Mom, are you here?”

Her calls went unanswered.

Anxiously she ran upstairs searching for someone- anyone, but there was nobody. Suddenly clouds of darkness filled the once pleasant sky and it became strangely quiet.
Birds stopped chirping and the wind had ceased. A flash of light stretched across the dark gray sky and the ground began to shake harshly.
“Help!” She cried desperately
Chunks of ceiling fell crashing to the ground below.
“Ashlyn.”
Someone’s here!
“Ashlyn.” she heard once more.

“Mommy! Help! I’m going to die!” she pleaded
“Ashlyn.”

The building was breaking off in pieces but what could she do?
She was trapped.
A large section of a wall ripped away from the building, crashing onto Ashlyn, pinning her to the ground.
Still hearing her name being called in the distance, she tried to speak once again but the words where trapped in her mouth.

Pieces of the house were falling all around her and the ground was shaking more and more violently as each moment passed.

A noise overhead startled her, causing her to look up only to see the remains of the house coming down upon her in a heap, crushing her to death.
“Ashlyn!”

Test Subject
Original Poster
#21 Old 28th Dec 2006 at 7:11 AM
Default Part 2 of chapter 3

Her eyes snapped open only to see her mother standing over and looking down on her sweetly.

“Honey, it’s time to wake up.” Heather gave her a gentle shake. “C’mon, its time for school.”

Ugh.

Ashlyn hated school, it was the only thing she dreaded the most in life thanks to Shelby Horton.

Shelby was the typically popular by definition: blonde and beautiful with a few sidekicks to help her cause. For whatever reason, the group had set their target on Ashlyn, mostly spatting comments about her living conditions.

In spite of that, things were finally starting to get better now.
After months of searching, Heather had finally landed a job as a secretary at a brand new law firm that had just opened downtown.

It was so new in fact, that they simply didn’t have the means to search an experienced secretary; Heather considered herself lucky for being in the right place at the right time.

Even this wasn't enough to make her happy, Heather would often cry herself to sleep with nagging thoughts that her daughter would be better off with another family.

“I’m leaving mom!” Ashlyn waved back, flashing her best smile. She knew her mom worried about her often, and always tried to show it unnecessary no matter how much of a lie it really was.

She arrived to her school a few minutes later and at first it seemed just like every other day.
Swarms of misplaced kids were rushing about every which direction that she could barely push her way through.

On the way to her first class of the day, Ashlyn was pulled back as she remembered her class required notebook was still sitting in her locker from the day before.
She needed it, and so decided to hurry back to her locker before class began.

She was almost there when she spotted four girls in front of her locker all standing in a circle with Shelby being the center of attention as usual.

Keeping her eyes downward, she decided to be brave this time and slowly slinked up to her locker door.

“Wow, look at that. Hey, what dumpster did you pull those rags you’re wearing out of?” a high pitched voice chortled behind her.

Ashlyn closed her eyes and proceeded to pull the notebook from her locker with every intention set on ignoring the girls from behind.

"Did you hear me? I asked you a question!" Shelby sneered.

"Yeah, she asked you a question Dumpy, answer her!" another girl mockingly interjected.

"Hey!" Shelby continued, jabbing the tip of her index finger into Ashlyn's back, "I'm talking to you! Are you deaf or something?!"

The foursome erupted into a cloud of snickers.

"Hellooo!" Shleby tried once more, waving her palm in front of Ashlyn's face.

“What the hell is your problem?!" Ashlyn felt herself retaliate, her voice was shrill with anger, "Don't you and your stupid friends have anything better to than stand here and bother me?!"

“I’m so tired of you and-“ she noticed Shelby’s head lift, her eyes fixated on something behind her.

“Oh My God!!” Shelby burst into a dramatic fit, “Mrs. Patterson... Ashlyn just HIT me!”

Ashlyn was confused, “What? I-“

“Miss. Thayer, you’re going to have to come with me. Violence is NOT tolerated, nor is bullying!” a voice above her snapped.

Ashlyn could barely believe what had just happened. Why did it seem like she was always bound for the unfair side of life.

As the girl slowly followed her principal down the hall, she turned to see the smug group of girls along with the satisfied smirk painted on Shelby’s face, all laughing and pointing in her direction.

-------------------------------------------
Well thats it for Chapter 3! Tell me what you think

Lab Assistant
#22 Old 28th Dec 2006 at 7:13 AM
FWWEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!

I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111

XDDDD Ok. I am hyper. Weewoo...

Edit - I added the 1's for effect...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#23 Old 28th Dec 2006 at 7:16 AM
Hey Alyssa!! I haven't talked to you in awhile and was just thinking about you! Thanks, so glad you like it!

Lab Assistant
#24 Old 28th Dec 2006 at 7:23 AM
Aww... You know I love you. -Tackle Hugs- And your story.

XD
Mad Poster
#25 Old 28th Dec 2006 at 7:59 AM
Yay! I love this story. It's written so well and the pictures are really good.
Locked thread | Locked by: boolPropped Reason: Hiatus
Page 1 of 60