Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
The Admin Formally Known As Aobh
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Nov 2004 at 8:28 PM Last edited by Delphy : 5th Dec 2004 at 7:58 AM.
Default 30k and counting!
Hey folks,

We're delighted to announce that MTS2 has reached its 30,000th member! That's right, 30K! What an achievement for a site that only really took off in late September of this year.

Needless to say, the staff here at MTS2 are as pleased as punch. We want to say thanks to all our great members who made this possible. You guys rock!

Also, we've introduced a NEW RULE:
From this post on, anyone who asks about the Teen WooHoo mod will have their question deleted, without warning. If you can't read a big notice in the middle of the screen then you have problems that not even a MTS2 mod can fix.

Thanks guys and here's to the next 30,000!
- Admin
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 21st Nov 2004 at 8:46 PM
New rules are usually a bad thing... But I like this one
Forum Resident
#3 Old 21st Nov 2004 at 9:11 PM
30K. You sound surprised. I'm not--this site is AWESOME.
I love the threads. I love the freedom of speech. The downloads are the best! And so are the hacks! And best of all, maybe, the people that frequent here are knowledgable, creative and by and large anyway open-minded.

LONG LIVE MTS2!
Test Subject
#4 Old 21st Nov 2004 at 9:45 PM
Wow... Took off much, much, much faster than the most popular SimCity 4 fansite/community (SimTropolis). I guess making people register to download works well.

Mega, mega, mega great'-e' news! And the new rule rocks!
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 22nd Nov 2004 at 12:08 AM
This site rocks Prob the best Sims2 site around. So im not suprised to hear 30K members since around sept.

keep up the great work MTS2 staff !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Slacker of Immense Slackness
retired moderator
#6 Old 22nd Nov 2004 at 1:05 AM
So thats 29,999 clowns......and me! Great work by everyone especially the admin clowns (super clowns) :D
Test Subject
#7 Old 22nd Nov 2004 at 1:12 AM
yay you guys! wooot! now about the teen woohoo. I'm really disapointed. i mean, i was really hoping for a censor that changed 'teen woohoo' to 'i'm an idiot who can't read'. sigh. okay, i'm over it now! good job guys!
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 22nd Nov 2004 at 3:01 AM
cool congrats to the sites admin ... i just joined the site yesterday, and i love this site im sad that i didnt join it earlyer
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 22nd Nov 2004 at 5:49 AM
In only 2 months. Great job. Great site.

congrats :-)
Forum Resident
#10 Old 22nd Nov 2004 at 9:26 AM
Good rule, but ...

How about asking questions that are already in FAQ?

:p
The Admin Formally Known As Aobh
Original Poster
#11 Old 22nd Nov 2004 at 9:27 AM
I dont think we have the manpower to deal with that one... >.<
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 22nd Nov 2004 at 9:37 AM
KKai is trying to work us into an early grave Aobh.. -_-;
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 22nd Nov 2004 at 10:01 AM
kkai is right... it is just as annoying, but theres nothing you can do except have 3 admins for every forum and even then there would still be those people asking those questions in the chatbox... So there isn't much that can be done reasonably... I think there was a nice thread about this a while back. I think I might want to go back there and vent... but that is for tommarow.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 22nd Nov 2004 at 10:04 AM
Its no surprise that you membership has grown so fast. The members of this site have provided better support to the simming community than EA has. I'm still waiting for a reply to the questions about bug problems I sent them. Those same questions the MTS2 community has solved for me.
Thanks everyone.
Test Subject
#15 Old 22nd Nov 2004 at 1:31 PM
Congratulations to this website! I'm impressed with what you do, but more importantly, how y'all do it. (See all the comments above.) Good people here.

Is this new rule like a &quot;don't ask, don't tell&quot; policy? I hope the hacks are still around, but you have to find them. Maybe there should be a little &quot;intelligence test&quot; to keep it out of the younger kids' faces.

Keep it up, y'all.
Congratulations and many, many thanks!
Inventor
#16 Old 22nd Nov 2004 at 7:23 PM
Congratulations and thanks from me too, great job all around! ...

... but do let us know when you receive the 30.000th &quot;where-do-I-get-the-teenage-WooHoo-hack&quot; post!

Test Subject
#17 Old 22nd Nov 2004 at 9:25 PM
I want to say congratulations for 30,000 that is par for the course for everything this site offers. I hope the site continues to grow and best wishes to the staff for their patience and willingness to keep going...even when the cabbageheads complain. I will continue to contribute as often as I can, because you guys have never failed us.
Forum Resident
#18 Old 22nd Nov 2004 at 11:33 PM
I think we have enough 4-star users to do the job.

Some people basically are like living here.

You know ... they can help. =p

We can have one or two moderaters for each forum.

Of course, we need moderaters that I have records of following the rule ... etc.
Forum Resident
#19 Old 22nd Nov 2004 at 11:57 PM
On top of my head I can think of ...

Carrigon
wintermuteai1
J. M. Pescado
XLStormyLX
Loverate
Inge Jones
Rain
.... etc.
#20 Old 23rd Nov 2004 at 12:39 AM
Congrats! Your an awesome site and they Member total shows it!
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 23rd Nov 2004 at 3:06 PM
This is the BEST Sims 2 site!!!! And i'm glad so many people are coming to it
#22 Old 26th Nov 2004 at 1:22 AM
kudos for the site guys, and also kudos for having the balls to tell these cracker spawn whom don't bother to spend the 30 sec to find the patch.
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 27th Nov 2004 at 6:28 AM
I think you might want to change the teen woohoo link in the center of the screen to a link to the beta forums... That is what they are looking for... it isn't always the teen woohoo. Not sure if they would figure it out even then though... It's so sad.
Test Subject
#24 Old 30th Nov 2004 at 10:07 AM
Rules are rules... I'll obey