Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Oct 2018 at 3:56 PM Last edited by Squidconqueror : 21st Oct 2018 at 3:31 PM. Reason: I had found a better and easier solution for this problem.
Default Chris Hatch's Visit Other Sims and Walk To Other Sims mods not working.
I was trying to get my sims visit the new neighbors that had moved in across the street so they could meet and greet each other and cook some barbeque to celebrate but the visit other sims and walk to other sims mod doesn't seem to work and I had made sure that the red mannequin sim is on their lot so it could be enabled but that didn't work either. I had heard that it conflicts with Visitor Controller and Inteen but I just had Visitor Controller because i'm a control freak and I want to decide who does or doesn't step forth on my property. Could that be the problem? I would also like my sims to visit individually like my child sim so he would have somebody to play with and befriend other than his parents.

Advertisement
Scholar
Original Poster
#2 Old 20th Oct 2018 at 8:46 PM
Actually I think that's alright I had found a better solution. I'll just switch over to the neighbors lot and use the Sim Manipulator spawner to summon them over and make them selectable to get them to meet each other. I think that's better since it won't conflict with any mods. I never really use that mod anyway because it invites the whole family over instead of the ones I had chosen to come over.
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 21st Oct 2018 at 6:42 AM
It doesn't conflict with visitor controller. The mod works perfectly in my game.
But individual visits are not possible. Also It's best (to avoid issues) that you only visit an empty residential lot. Because it might cause problems if you go to visit a household and a sim of that household goes to work.
I use it for sims to have a second residential home or to go houseshopping when they want to move.

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Scholar
Original Poster
#4 Old 21st Oct 2018 at 7:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lientebollemeis
It doesn't conflict with visitor controller. The mod works perfectly in my game.
But individual visits are not possible. Also It's best (to avoid issues) that you only visit an empty residential lot. Because it might cause problems if you go to visit a household and a sim of that household goes to work.
I use it for sims to have a second residential home or to go houseshopping when they want to move.

Thank you but the problem is that I couldn't get the mod to work. It didn't give me an option to visit any of the residential lots so I took it out and use the spawner to summon the sims that I want to visit instead.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 21st Oct 2018 at 7:22 AM
I use Christionlov's Transport mirror. It's a bit fiddling but the sims arrive selectable and with all options available. Sometimes when you transfer sims with a regular teleporter you lose some actions.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 21st Oct 2018 at 7:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
I use Christionlov's Transport mirror. It's a bit fiddling but the sims arrive selectable and with all options available. Sometimes when you transfer sims with a regular teleporter you lose some actions.

Now I read that thread of the transport mirror, I think I need that mod too.

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Scholar
Original Poster
#7 Old 21st Oct 2018 at 7:38 AM

Thank you I'll download and try that out now that my game is closed. It sounds very useful since i'm trying to make a story about the neighbors that had moved in across the street and the trouble,conflict and tension that they had already caused between the original neighbors during the meet and greet barbeque cook off but amidst all of that friendship had sparked between 2 children that had been affected with all the drama going on. The main problem that I have now is that I now can't get the lecture anytime mod to work when it had did fine before.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8 Old 21st Oct 2018 at 9:33 AM
I use it to transport patients to my hospital and toddlers to my daycare because unlike any other transporter (that I know about) it really removes the sim from their home. So if I am playing a family and send one to the hospital, that is where they really are. If I save and load up the hospital they will be there. It can't be used on single sim families though.
The way it works and this is the fiddle part; it asks you what family you want, then what sim from the family you want, then asks for the destination family. http://modthesims.info/d/288005 The only thing I have used on there is transport sim.

Another option is the Simlogical meeting controller. You 'enrol' sims like you do with the school, click on the controller to start meeting and end meeting. All the enroled sims will show up at once near the controller. You may lose some options though. I wanted to use it for my daycare but my carer, while she can potty train them she can't pick them up or play with them. This is an option I use with older sims but not with toddlers.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
Original Poster
#9 Old 21st Oct 2018 at 4:18 PM
I use it to transport patients to my hospital and toddlers to my daycare because unlike any other transporter (that I know about) it really removes the sim from their home. So if I am playing a family and send one to the hospital, that is where they really are. If I save and load up the hospital they will be there. It can't be used on single sim families though.
The way it works and this is the fiddle part; it asks you what family you want, then what sim from the family you want, then asks for the destination family. http://modthesims.info/d/288005 The only thing I have used on there is transport sim.

Another option is the Simlogical meeting controller. You 'enrol' sims like you do with the school, click on the controller to start meeting and end meeting. All the enroled sims will show up at once near the controller. You may lose some options though. I wanted to use it for my daycare but my carer, while she can potty train them she can't pick them up or play with them. This is an option I use with older sims but not with toddlers.

@joandsarah77 What did you use for the single sim families and the toddlers? I'm just curious.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#10 Old 22nd Oct 2018 at 12:29 AM
Well, a toddler is never a single sim household, a parent would live there too.

I use the mirror for my daycare (toddlers) and hospital patients. That's why I said it gives more options on the sims, especially toddlers.

Single adult sims have to be invited over. I also use Monique's computer, on there is an email invite. Unlike the phone where you get "I'm baking an Alaska!" a sim can't refuse an email invite. If I don't know them I use Pharoah's phone book then the email invite. If I want them over I get them over one way or the other. Oh also if they are selectable you may also need the simlogical institution sign. Just in case the sim was supposed to be at work, you don't want any "so and so missed work it may be their job next time" blah blah pop up.

~Call me Jo~
Scholar
Original Poster
#11 Old 22nd Oct 2018 at 12:49 AM Last edited by Squidconqueror : 23rd Oct 2018 at 9:56 PM.
Well, a toddler is never a single sim household, a parent would live there too.

I use the mirror for my daycare (toddlers) and hospital patients. That's why I said it gives more options on the sims, especially toddlers.

Single adult sims have to be invited over. I also use Monique's computer, on there is an email invite. Unlike the phone where you get "I'm baking an Alaska!" a sim can't refuse an email invite. If I don't know them I use Pharoah's phone book then the email invite. If I want them over I get them over one way or the other. Oh also if they are selectable you may also need the simlogical institution sign. Just in case the sim was supposed to be at work, you don't want any "so and so missed work it may be their job next time" blah blah pop up.

@joandsarah77 Ah thank you for the different options that I could use to get them to come over. I usually just use the teleporter bush from Simlogical and the Sim Manipulator rose bush to force them to come over if my sims don't know them or if they are being defiant and they're rude toward my sims whenever they have work,school,don't like my sims,being lazy and yadda yadda. Now I have more options to force them to come over. Thanks Jo.