Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Oct 2018 at 11:46 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Furniture disappeared from catalog
Hi everyone,

Not that long ago I began noticing furniture disappearing from my houses. It would be very specific things, like certains bed, tables and chair. I haven't seen anything else disappear. Upon looking at the catalog I discovered that the furniture also disappeared from Buy Mode. I did have these items before and I don't know why they're suddenly not there now. I do download CC, but I haven't downloaded a whole lot in recent times and definitely no new mods or anything.

I do have to make a note here. I have a unique playing situation going on. The EA Games folder that goes into My Documents is in my google drive and it's synced up with my computer as well as my boyfriend's computer. This works perfectly fine and we've been using it for a while now. The weird thin here is, is that he does have the items I'm missing in the game on his computer. This confuses me a whole lot, since we sync up the entire folder and the furniture should be in there, right? Or is it in the game folder on our separate computers and is there a problem in the folder on my computer?

Googling for a solution didn't turn up a whole lot and I hope someone here can help me and I don't have to resort to using other stuff, because it's quite annoying when I place something in a house on my boyfriend's computer for it to disappear when I load the game on mine.

Thanks in advance!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 15th Oct 2018 at 12:01 PM
My guess is that the synching on your computer isn't working properly. You migh want to check the connections and whether you've set it up correct on your computer.

Is tha problem that the items show up and then disappear, or that they never show up, or that they've been there for a long time then disappear? You might want to check that out.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Oct 2018 at 12:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
My guess is that the synching on your computer isn't working properly. You migh want to check the connections and whether you've set it up correct on your computer.

Is tha problem that the items show up and then disappear, or that they never show up, or that they've been there for a long time then disappear? You might want to check that out.

They don't show up in any of the houses I load. The furniture just isn't in the catalog. I can't buy them. The disappearing of items in the house could be because of syncing, but the items not being in the catalog at all seems a bit weird.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#4 Old 15th Oct 2018 at 12:08 PM
It is CC furniture that's missing or stuff that came with the game?

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 15th Oct 2018 at 12:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
It is CC furniture that's missing or stuff that came with the game?

Stuff that came with the game.

For example this chair. It has disappeared from all of my houses and the catalog. That's why I was wondering whether the furniture loads up with the game or if it's in the My Documents folder.

Having said that... I went to look at my other Ikea stuff, but apparently they aren't there either. I do have IKEA stuff installed, so that's confusing. I'm missing a TSData folder in there. I think that could be the problem. Can I just reinstall that one stuff pack or is it much more complex than that?
Mad Poster
#6 Old 15th Oct 2018 at 4:21 PM
I had this problem not long ago. It's a sign that your virus protection is confused and thinks some of the folders of your game are intruders. Disable your virus control (make sure you aren't on the internet :3 ) and start the game again.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#7 Old 15th Oct 2018 at 5:06 PM
OK - this happens sometimes because of your anti-virus (as Smorbie indicated) or sometimes the game just spontaneously de-installs or loses the path to the installed files of an SP and, more rarely, an EP. The cure is to see if telling your anti-virus that TS2 is not a threat (add it to the exceptions) or, yes, simply reinstalling the missing SP. I'd suggest the latter is most likely but it's easier to check out the anti-virus first (so would suggest that to start).

Don't ask me why. I have no idea. I'm guessing it's something to do with the later versions of windoze not jiving with the older code of the game. But what do I know?

Stuff that comes with the game loads from the objects.package in the game files and is nowhere near your folders in My Documents. Actually, that makes me think it might be worthwhile to make the objects.package read only (once you have fixed it of course).

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 15th Oct 2018 at 6:34 PM
I reinstalled the Ikea SP and everything is okay now. Weird how it can just be uninstalled like that!

Thanks for the help.