Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Aug 2018 at 7:37 AM
Default Making Mesh, Mesh Not Appearing Right I Sims 4 Studio
Hi, I want to make a short sleeve hoodie and the mesh looks great in Blender 3D but when I import it into Sims 4 Studio it looks like the left sleeve is still there and the right sleeve still appears below the elbow, can somebody please tell me what I'm doing wrong and how to fix it?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 27th Aug 2018 at 2:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ZeldaSpyroJak
Hi, I want to make a short sleeve hoodie and the mesh looks great in Blender 3D but when I import it into Sims 4 Studio it looks like the left sleeve is still there and the right sleeve still appears below the elbow, can somebody please tell me what I'm doing wrong and how to fix it?

Weights of your mesh is not proper meshed.

AshenSS
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Aug 2018 at 1:41 AM
Can you please tell me how to fix the weights in my mesh?
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 28th Aug 2018 at 4:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ZeldaSpyroJak
Can you please tell me how to fix the weights in my mesh?

As you noticed there is certain vertex groups per mesh group includes head, neck, shoulder, elbow, hands, upper body, lower body, forearm etc.. You need to split your vertices as you need to assign them on the proper bone. Animation and locations of your clothing will based on the bones of your mesh (vertex groups) or what we call weights. There is no simple instruction available to explain this topic which lots of users post their questions regarding this problem and still no answers. As you understand my point, animators are the least aware to this problem to control the movements of the mesh.

AshenSS
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 28th Aug 2018 at 6:57 AM
Thank you, hopefully I can find a tutorial on editing the weights on my mesh.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#6 Old 28th Aug 2018 at 3:56 PM
Here's a tutorial on transferring weights in Blender: http://sims4studio.com/thread/81/we...ransfer-blender

From what you say, it's possible the problem is that the mesh parts you're importing don't match the cut numbers of the meshes they're supposed to replace.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4