Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Mar 2017 at 7:33 PM Last edited by MichelleSims1994 : 27th Mar 2017 at 8:00 PM.
Sims 3 Jacket as Accessory Yellow Color Issue
Hi, I created some clothes already, but I never encountered this problem. It is a jacket made with Marvelous Designer, double sided mesh. I assume the yellow comes from the colormask, but I created it again and it, the color-mask, all red, but the yellow thingie doesn't disappear. If someone knows how I can fix this, please let me know. And also the texture isn't clear, and I assume is the same problem.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#2 Old 27th Mar 2017 at 7:53 PM
Hmm I remember once that I accidentally added my multiplier on my mask as top layer. (opacity being 50% IIRC). Anyway! maybe you accidentally left a texture on top of another texture without knowing it. it's not really easy to see what the issue might be though since I can't see your textures. Could you include some screens of your textures?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Mar 2017 at 8:01 PM
I added the Multiplier and ColorMask. I don't usually keep the colormask and the multiplier in the same place in PS. I always do the colormask first, close it, and open the multiplier again.
Virtual gardener
#4 Old 27th Mar 2017 at 9:47 PM
Hmm... what about your overlay, specular and bump map? Do they seem to have some weird yellow-ish bits on it? Or maybe, not sure if You do, but did you make sure that your mask texture is a DXT1 and not a DXT5? (since it doesn't need a alpha channel. So whenever a texture doesn't need an alpha channel, you want to export it as a DXT1)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 28th Mar 2017 at 4:45 AM
I don't have an overlay and my specular is black with a bit of grey (where the parts of the multiplier are) and the bump map is grey. My texture actually is a photo from google. It's totally blue. Do I need to make an extra step regarding the texture?
Virtual gardener
#6 Old 28th Mar 2017 at 9:45 PM
Hmm could you make a screenshot of your textures? (just straight from S3PE is fine, TSRW too) Maybe that'll show what's turning it all yellow
Alchemist
#7 Old 12th May 2017 at 10:31 PM
Sorry to resurrect this, but I remember getting a similar error when I forgot to reference the skin textures in the XMLs. Can you upload a "final" version of your .package file?

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Virtual gardener
#8 Old 13th May 2017 at 12:43 AM
Oh crap that could have been it! The skin texture is like the last texture I actually think of when making CASparts lol.