Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Dec 2017 at 1:09 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default I would like tourists to actually stay at my base camp / inn
I have been going through nraas register and traveler and my inn is completely furnished for needs but all travelers always leave at that specific time. I forget if its 4 or 6 pm but anyway, I'd like them to stay at my base camp and at least interact rather than speaking with eachother in front of the entrance until its time for them to leave.
Advertisement
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Dec 2017 at 1:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
You're talking about a custom basecamp in a custom vacation world?

Unfortunately I have never gotten it to work. Basecamps in the WA worlds work just fine, but the basecamps in custom worlds... sometimes the tourists never show up at all.

There IS a work around, which I'm using now. Put a rabbithole on the lot, like create a small room and use the market rabbithole door. This will attract at least the townies to visit your basecamp. And they will actually stay overnight.

Ok perfect thank you. Not too long after posting this I settled for just using homeless residents but ran into the same problem. Will try this.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 10th Dec 2017 at 11:18 PM
You want the game role Explorer and not the game role Tourist.

Tourists are basically poor quality clones of the sims in the WA vacation worlds, the game creates a base line template of the WA sims it wants to use, it then creates them using the template in the morning and deletes them in the evening, and it does this every day.

Explorers I suspect are part of the premade population that comes with the WA worlds, so if your world doesn't have them as premades then I suspect it's going to be a major pain trying to create any with that game role.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 10th Dec 2017 at 11:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bejaymac
You want the game role Explorer and not the game role Tourist.

Tourists are basically poor quality clones of the sims in the WA vacation worlds, the game creates a base line template of the WA sims it wants to use, it then creates them using the template in the morning and deletes them in the evening, and it does this every day.

Explorers I suspect are part of the premade population that comes with the WA worlds, so if your world doesn't have them as premades then I suspect it's going to be a major pain trying to create any with that game role.

As far as NRaas Register is concerned, which the OP is using, Explorers and Tourists are essentially the same things. They are only called Explorers when playing actively in WA worlds. And they can come from any Traveler connected world that has been played within the current game (so Uni, Oasis, but any played custom vacation/destination world as well). But yes, they are scaled down data representations of full sims that exist properly in other worlds and the point is to get them to visit our active worlds, not to create new ones. Register will keep them around in the local world for much longer than morning-evening according to its settings, mine hang about for three sim days at least before being sent away by percent chance, out of the local homeworld entirely, and back to the TravelDB file through which they came. I wonder if the issue here is that these sims keep trying to "go home," which to them is not to the placed BaseCamp (though it should be) but rather off the map into hibernation but still in the local world.