Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Jun 2020 at 3:29 AM
Default Why does my game screen randomly close and reopen?
Whenever I play the game, it'll randomly go black and send me to my desktop. It then reopens the game right where I left it a few seconds later. It doesn't matter what I'm doing at the time. It's not crashing because the game resumes right where it left off. I don't have to reopen the game or anything. It's like it's lagging? Maybe failing to crash? No last exceptions are caught by MCCC and it doesn't have any effect on gameplay. It's just annoying. It's also been happening for a long time on multiple computers. So it's not just a my PC thing. I'm playing on fairly new desktop, about half a year old, that has 16 GB of RAM, AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 64-bit processor, and AMD Radeon RX 5700 graphics card.

All's fair in love, war, and video games! ~LyokoGirl5000
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 9th Jun 2020 at 4:06 PM
Are your machine similar too each other, AMD processors it's not that ideal for many games, while they are Intel compatible that's where it ends there's always slight incompatibly problems. Even though the game runs well, it may help by tweaking stuff like playing in a window, lowering your frame rate, in your AMD Radeon Software application, etc.

It just sounds like communication time-out between your CPU and GPU, hence why it fails, then most cases it recovers.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Jun 2020 at 5:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Citysim
Are your machine similar too each other, AMD processors it's not that ideal for many games, while they are Intel compatible that's where it ends there's always slight incompatibly problems. Even though the game runs well, it may help by tweaking stuff like playing in a window, lowering your frame rate, in your AMD Radeon Software application, etc.

It just sounds like communication time-out between your CPU and GPU, hence why it fails, then most cases it recovers.

My old PC was an Intel and it did the exact same thing.

All's fair in love, war, and video games! ~LyokoGirl5000