Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Mar 2009 at 5:29 PM
Problems with C.I
I'm trying to install lots for my Sims 2, using the Sims 2 Clean Pack Installer on a non-Admin account on a Vista Aspire7520. The files automatically install into the Teleport folder on the Admin account, because the tutorial says to leave it in it's default installation place, yet none of my lots show up in game. Do I have to be logged onto an Administrator account to see them? Or do I just need to edit where the files end up. Any help is much appreciated.

(I cannot change the file locations into my user, as no Vista PC's will allow you to unless you're logged on that user.)
Advertisement
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#2 Old 24th Apr 2009 at 11:04 PM
I have not tried to install sims content on a Vista machine. However, I do know that you have to install things in administrator mode on Vista. Try right clicking on the file and see if it gives you an option to install in admin mode.

If that doesn't work, you'll have to wait till someone comes by who runs Sims2 on a vista machine. Did you go through all the threads? You may have to go to the Exchange BBS to find out about installing lots on Vista.

HP wrote a great installation giuide for Fracking Idiots - See if that helps you.

http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?...acking_Idiots_6