Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Dec 2018 at 8:16 PM Last edited by Mrmo : 31st Dec 2018 at 3:26 PM.
Default The patching issue, (for dummies) Solved
Hello all!

I did get a copy off The Sims 3 for Christmas! Yay!! It's only the Base game disc but we all have to start somewhere don't we?

Right out of the blue I come to think of a thing that I should have asked before. In Sims 2 every part (EP, SP) have it's own patch but how is it under Sims 3? And where can I find this patches? I'm quite sure they are here on site but where? I did find this patch table in the Wiki. It seem like version 1.67.2 is the newest, is that correct? Sorry for being a noob but I want to get it right from start.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 26th Dec 2018 at 8:24 PM
Congrats on getting the Sims 3 - I hope you enjoy it!

It's been ages since I last had to patch my game, but I think when you're connected to the internet and open the game launcher, you should get a pop-up alert saying that an update is available for your game, click download and the patch should download and install itself and that's it! You don't need to do anything else and you won't need to patch the game anymore if/when you buy expansion packs.

If you don't get a pop-up saying an update is available, click on the 'game updates' tab on the launcher and click the refresh button.

why did i pick this username
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#3 Old 26th Dec 2018 at 8:50 PM
The newest Sims 3 patch is 1.69, but I've heard quite a few people dislike it a lot. It doesn't affect the game I don't think, it just makes it so Origin is always open when running or starting the game. I hope you have fun playing Sims 3

- When one gets inspired by the other, the one inspires another - Anything is Possible.

You can view some of my WIPs and other stuff for TS3 on my Twitter here ---> https://twitter.com/SweetSavanita
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 27th Dec 2018 at 12:14 AM
Congrats- it's a great game! If it is a disc version, you may be able to stay on patch 1.67 by downloading the super patcher, if digital then the latest patch is 1.69. If you update through the game launcher, it will be to patch 1.69. Here is some more info: https://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2015/11/patch-1-69.html

Sims 2 updates are by EP, but Sims 3 updates are the same level, regardless of EPs owned.

Need help building? Mentoring4Builders: Click Here
Get in the swim- Mermaidia
New at Simszoo
Scholar
#5 Old 27th Dec 2018 at 3:36 PM
If you can, go for patch 1.67 instead of 1.69. You don't have to worry about patches for EPs (thank god).

If you like my mods. Consider supporting me on Patreon
Check out my website for updates on my mods and other work PuddingFace.wixsite.com
Check out my Youtube channel for tutorials(modding tutorials) and other content Youtube

Follow me on Twitter Instagram Pinterest Tumblr
Scholar
Original Poster
#6 Old 30th Dec 2018 at 6:27 PM Last edited by Mrmo : 31st Dec 2018 at 3:28 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by PuddingFace
If you can, go for patch 1.67 instead of 1.69. You don't have to worry about patches for EPs (thank god).

I did put the computer online and was informed that there was an update for my game. So I let the softwear do it's thing by itself. As I remember it my game was updated from 1.00 to 1.67 and that was nice. It was needed to get the Mods Framework to work. So the topic for this thread is solved but as I wanted to disable the aging of my sims I found that this area of the main menu was all greyed out. I could not use the sliders at all. I do not know if that's an effect of the patch I downloaded or if it was broken already but it's annoying. If you wish I can lift it out in a separate thread under Help. But thanks for the input on the main topic.

Edit: Question about aging put into it's own thread.
Inventor
#7 Old 30th Dec 2018 at 8:12 PM
The Steam version will remain on patch 1.67 FOR EVAAAA. Of course you can register your Steam copy on Origin if you want to play the game using their client. Since 1.69 adds some secret spyware features to the game... I mean TELEMETRY features you can't disable, it is said to reduce performance by as much as a 10%. I haven't tested this myself, as I'm avoiding Origin like it's the Black Plague, but I'm sure it's probably true.
Scholar
Original Poster
#8 Old 30th Dec 2018 at 9:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Naus Allien
The Steam version will remain on patch 1.67 FOR EVAAAA. Of course you can register your Steam copy on Origin if you want to play the game using their client. Since 1.69 adds some secret spyware features to the game... I mean TELEMETRY features you can't disable, it is said to reduce performance by as much as a 10%. I haven't tested this myself, as I'm avoiding Origin like it's the Black Plague, but I'm sure it's probably true.

Sorry for not providing all needed information, I got the disc version of the game. No download. But thank you for the warning about spyware!