Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Dec 2018 at 6:59 PM
Default Trying to place a lot, it says cannot delete object?
I just installed Get Famous and a few other Stuff Packs since everything was like 50% off. Excited to have all the packs now, but now I can't freaking play the game! CAS worked fine, I was able to move in households to my empty lots, but once on the lot, it will not let me place a house from the gallery. I try to place it (right size, enough money, nothing else on the empty lot) and it says, can't delete object. What the heck does this even mean and why can't I just place a house so I can play? Ugh..I am not reinstalling my games, not worth it to me. I have delete the cache, mods are up to date. Tried MOO. Nothing seems to work. It says i cannot delete some invisible object that is not there... I can however place for example a fridge or other stuff on the lot, it just won't let me place a whole house from the gallery. I'm not building 10 houses for these families, EA has got to be kidding me. Anyone have any advice or know why this is happening?

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing. -Aristotle
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 24th Dec 2018 at 7:41 PM
On which lot is it, in which world?
also, did you try it without any mods? (perhaps something is broken)
Theorist
#3 Old 24th Dec 2018 at 9:47 PM
Had the same to place apartments on Medina Studios. But. Since I turned MOO and deleted plasticbox's defaults, everything works fine now. I didn't know where it appears from. One thing I can surely say. It's not the game bug. You don't need to reinstall it.

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Test Subject
#4 Old 26th Dec 2018 at 12:30 PM
Did you made sure you didn't select lots with game packs that you don't own?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 27th Dec 2018 at 11:13 PM
Well, I didn't exactly fix whatever this problem was, but I did evict all the households I had just placed and instead added houses in the manage world's mode and not on the specific lots. Then I moved the families back in. It's the only workaround I found. But, I have new problems now with Get Famous... lmao. I placed a camera on my lot from the Get Famous pack and it completely broke my game for some reason. Couldn't do anything. I went into buy mode to delete the camera and it wouldn't let me and my sim was still moving like it was in Live mode. I'm so over being frustrated with this game. I can't even play out a game pack without my save being completely broken and the game shutting down.... ugh. Thank you guys though <3

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing. -Aristotle
Theorist
#6 Old 2nd Jan 2019 at 2:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by spotlight-shure
Well, I didn't exactly fix whatever this problem was, but I did evict all the households I had just placed and instead added houses in the manage world's mode and not on the specific lots. Then I moved the families back in. It's the only workaround I found. But, I have new problems now with Get Famous... lmao. I placed a camera on my lot from the Get Famous pack and it completely broke my game for some reason. Couldn't do anything. I went into buy mode to delete the camera and it wouldn't let me and my sim was still moving like it was in Live mode. I'm so over being frustrated with this game. I can't even play out a game pack without my save being completely broken and the game shutting down.... ugh. Thank you guys though <3

Shift + Tab at the live mode?

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Forum Resident
#7 Old 2nd Jan 2019 at 5:36 PM
do you have all of your mods/game updated?- especially script mods - some are updated for the new packs and work best with them - Now that you have more packs, that may be needed. And, I am not sure if this is a frequent issue, but I have had an issue where the save gets corrupt. When I get a new pack, I start a new save. Refreshing and repairing may also help. It is some work in advance, but my game rarely has issues when I do this.