Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Aug 2009 at 6:40 AM
Default "Can't intersect other objects" Error When Putting Up Fence
I moved the driveway 2 tiles to the right, now I can't put up a fence where the driveway used to be. I'm getting the error "Can't intersect other objects" when clearly there's nothing there. I tried removing the driveway altogether but I still get the error.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Captain Louie
retired moderator
#2 Old 9th Aug 2009 at 7:34 PM
Try using the move objects cheat to see if there is something there you can't see yet [like roaches, butterflies, etc]

If not, try saving and reentering

if that doesn't work, post a reply again and i'll try digging a little deeper

Now streaming on at Twitch.tv/SeveralNerds or UglyHoesConnect.com - whichever is easier for you to type in your browser.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Aug 2009 at 4:48 AM
I've saved and re-entered, didn't work. Actually the error "Can't intersect" shows when move objects cheat is on. When it's not, the error is "Location out of bounds".
Captain Louie
retired moderator
#4 Old 10th Aug 2009 at 4:58 AM
Are you sure there are no sims on the lot?

Now streaming on at Twitch.tv/SeveralNerds or UglyHoesConnect.com - whichever is easier for you to type in your browser.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#5 Old 10th Aug 2009 at 5:43 AM
Have you adjusted this lot with lot adjuster? Is that location in the middle of the lot? Or is that the edge? Have you deleted any of the sidewalk on either side of the street?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 10th Aug 2009 at 9:56 AM
There are Sims on the lot.

I did use the Lot Adjuster to expand the right side of the lot. Could that be causing the problem? The location is on the front edge of the lot. I did not delete any sidewalk. The fence has always been where it used to, right next to the sidewalk, except when I moved the driveway, I couldn't close off the fence.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#7 Old 10th Aug 2009 at 2:05 PM
With sims on the lot, it's very well possible that there are invisible objects stuck somewhere. Do you have the StuckObjectRemover?

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...pic,1609.0.html

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 15th Aug 2009 at 8:27 AM
I did use the StuckObjectRemover. It did not burninate anything.
Test Subject
#9 Old 15th Aug 2009 at 3:45 PM
Did you try just letting the game run for a minute? Sometimes the sims who are living on the lot have other plans in mind for a tile or two. StuckObjectRemover won't remove those. From what I can see of the location, they might be after the newspaper. Or, possibly (depending on what time it is), that's the spot assigned to newspaper delivery.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 16th Aug 2009 at 2:10 AM
I've been playing the game for a while with those 2 walls missing and it's driving me crazy.
Captain Louie
retired moderator
#11 Old 17th Aug 2009 at 3:35 AM
Maybe, since you did adjust the lot, try picking up and placeing your lot back down in the neighborhood.

Site Helper
#12 Old 31st Jan 2010 at 3:49 AM Last edited by Mootilda : 1st Feb 2010 at 6:54 PM.
I know that this is really late, but I believe that I know what caused this problem and how you can fix it.

I just found a bug in the LotAdjuster which has been there from the beginning (since andi wrote the original LotExpander) which can cause this problem. The LotAdjuster has been fixed and will no longer cause this problem, but it won't fix an existing problem lot.

However, I believe that a lot with this problem can be fixed by deleting the Vertex Layer (VERT) record from the lot package using SimPE. As far as I can tell, the record isn't necessary and it will regenerate as objects are added or moved in-game. You should backup your game before making this change, and test your lot well afterward, to ensure that there are no ill-effects.

[Update:]
For anyone who wants more information about this bug, please look here:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...293#post3041293
Locked thread | Locked by: ThreadMover Reason: Outdated / No Replies