Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Aug 2006 at 2:17 AM
Default "real" mansard roof
I am trying to make a victorian house, more specifically a second empire type. This type requires a mansard roof, but I don't like the one that the game puts on the roof. Here is a picture of the roof I was wanting to make. The next picture is of what the game put on the computer and the last picture is when I used the RoofSlopeAngle cheat set to 75 to get a sharper angle one the roof. The thing is the tower roof angles changed but the main roof angle did not change. I was wondering if there is anyway to make a sharper angled roof like the first picture.

Thanks
Screenshots
Advertisement
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#2 Old 6th Aug 2006 at 4:51 AM
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Aug 2006 at 5:26 AM
Thanks I wasn't sure if it could be done or not, I thought maybe I was being a bit too picky.
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 6th Aug 2006 at 5:48 AM
Here is a picture of a Victorian I did using floor tiles & CFE with a similar roofline to what you are trying to do.

For the shorter one on the left, I shrunk the level down to 4 clicks, then used a column next to the wall to raise it to full height. You can remove the column afterwards and it keeps the height.

The center tower is a 32 click high wall. (No cute tricks for getting double height walls ... normal guide towers and raise terrains.)
Locked thread | Locked by: ThreadMover Reason: Outdated / No Replies